• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things you just don't get

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Does the baking soda really help with stains? My teeth could stand to be a little whiter, but I don't have the time/inclination right now to get them done professionally.

Well, I switched after getting a good cleaning (not whitening) when they sandblast all of the heavy stains off. Since then they haven't nearly developed as much as they normally would. My dentist said Mentadent is the best for stains, but it only comes in this weird contraption and is annoying to find and expensive. **** that.

Oh to follow up on my Dr. Bronner's geekery, when I go on vacation I use my Bronners to brush my teeth.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You guys ever try those teeth whitening kiosks at the mall? Who ******* does that?! Youre sitting there in the middle of the aisle with a white contraption shoved in your mouth for an hour or whatever, while hundreds of people pass 5 feet from you. It's hilarious because the contraption in their mouths makes them look like they're grinning

I like to walk by really close and peer into their little pods to make them more uncomfortable

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone ever go to any mall kiosk for that matter? I've yet to see anyone purchase a novelty t-shirt, mug, or iPhone case from any of them. Obviously, I am excluding kiosks like Auntie Anne's etc.

Last edited:

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

You guys ever try those teeth whitening kiosks at the mall? Who ******* does that?! Youre sitting there in the middle of the aisle with a white contraption shoved in your mouth for an hour or whatever, while hundreds of people pass 5 feet from you. It's hilarious because the contraption in their mouths makes them look like they're grinning

I like to walk by really close and peer into their little pods to make them more uncomfortable

Does anyone ever go to any mall kiosk for that matter? I've yet to see anyone purchase a novelty t-shirt, mug, or iPhone case from any of them. Obviously, I am excluding kiosks like Auntie Anne's etc.

back when I was a tweener and started having zits my mother and I were in the mall and she made me get a facial treatment in one of those kiosks that sells stupid facial stuff and there I was sitting and everyone was walking past me, hoping no one from school walks by, and they're steaming and prepping and putting gunk on my face. this is why I don't talk to my mother that much.

cptjeff

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I got my current phone holster from one of them (back of hip, it's nice and unobtrusive, especially under a jacket), because the ones you get from the cell companies are twice the price, and utter garbage. The one I have now is only marginally higher quality, but it was cheap and the right size- those kiosks often do have every size imaginable, which was nice when I had a less common model of phone.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
This guy at work's wife had a baby so he took a leave of absence for like 3 months (unpaid). I thought this was weird enough, but he returned this week and he is noticeably balder than he was before leaving. Is that what having a kid does to you? :confused:

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There is a guy at work who sent out a message on the listserv requesting that everyone start calling him Wisdomforce (one word) in acknowledgement not only of the force of wisdom in general, but of his wisdom in particular. And so I sent out a message requesting that everyone start calling me Grace Windu, on account of grace trumps mere wisdom any day of the week and that is a fact.

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

There is a guy at work who sent out a message on the listserv requesting that everyone start calling him Wisdomforce (one word) in acknowledgement not only of the force of wisdom in general, but of his wisdom in particular. And so I sent out a message requesting that everyone start calling me Grace Windu, on account of grace trumps mere wisdom any day of the week and that is a fact.

Geez, there are still listservs?

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Geez, there are still listservs?

Yes, they are convenient for people who want to be addressed by a new name.

Here's another one: In the act of smile, Canadians put the mandible forward to a greater degree than the men and women of other nations. (I am talking about Earth do not know about outer space.) I wonder what accounts for that. (I am speaking generally of course I know Canadians who do not do that. But Edge is an example of my point.)

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think it's almost the opposite of slack-jawed, actually. They appear to hold much tension in the mandible.

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I have TMJ, constant headaches and jaw aches. My achey breaky jaw. I wear a mouthguard at night and end up grinding holes into them. I have to get new ones made frequently.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads