• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

L'Incandescent

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I got angry in my car because there was a place I really needed to find and couldn't. I punched the dash and now my pinky finger hurts.

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score

I got angry in my car because there was a place I really needed to find and couldn't. I punched the dash and now my pinky finger hurts.

Did you cross post this to the "manly stuff I did today" thread?

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

T-bone, are you working off bad karma? You are doing good things but it seems everyone in your entire household conspires against your happiness.
GT, we both know the wife is never going to change and you are wise to just accept it. You guys are probably a good fit as most wives would not put up with your travel. She probably spends so much time with friends partially in compensation to your travels. The marriage seems to be working for both of you so I say don't sweat the non-critical stuff. No one ever died from a (non-hazardous to your health) messy house.

thanks - that is exactly the way I see it. also, I figure if I spend 2 months take home or re-decorating the house, I'll like it better, too, and I will be able to show that I did every thing I could to make it better for her .

I find it a little frustrating - I am at the top of my game, and life is going very well for me, but I feel that she would really like to have a satisfying and relativly lucrative job, and that nothing she is trained to do would be both. she has 5 languages and computer skills, I bet she could make pretty good money in a boring administrative job, and she has great teaching skills and is creative, she could have fun teaching or making stuff, but not make money. I am fine with both, but I think that she wants something that she isn't going to get. maybe in a few years she'll go back to school. who knows.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
T-bone, are you working off bad karma? You are doing good things but it seems everyone in your entire household conspires against your happiness.
GT, we both know the wife is never going to change and you are wise to just accept it. You guys are probably a good fit as most wives would not put up with your travel. She probably spends so much time with friends partially in compensation to your travels. The marriage seems to be working for both of you so I say don't sweat the non-critical stuff. No one ever died from a (non-hazardous to your health) messy house.

thanks - that is exactly the way I see it. also, I figure if I spend 2 months take home or re-decorating the house, I'll like it better, too, and I will be able to show that I did every thing I could to make it better for her .

I find it a little frustrating - I am at the top of my game, and life is going very well for me, but I feel that she would really like to have a satisfying and relativly lucrative job, and that nothing she is trained to do would be both. she has 5 languages and computer skills, I bet she could make pretty good money in a boring administrative job, and she has great teaching skills and is creative, she could have fun teaching or making stuff, but not make money. I am fine with both, but I think that she wants something that she isn't going to get. maybe in a few years she'll go back to school. who knows.

It sucks to have this creating stress in your life, when otherwise everything seems to be going so well for you.

5 languages + computer skills = lucrative and (possibly) satisfying career in software localization, which can often be done from home. Great teaching skills + computer skills = (somewhat) lucrative and (possibly) satisfying career in software training. Don't assume that she needs to have the technology skills already to get these jobs - they're pretty easy to pick up compared to teaching and languages.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It sucks to have this creating stress in your life, when otherwise everything seems to be going so well for you.
5 languages + computer skills = lucrative and (possibly) satisfying career in software localization, which can often be done from home. Great teaching skills + computer skills = (somewhat) lucrative and (possibly) satisfying career in software training. Don't assume that she needs to have the technology skills already to get these jobs - they're pretty easy to pick up compared to teaching and languages.

thanks - I have suggested to her to talk to a career coach, I thought that corporate training might be a field that could work for her. maybe I need to push her on that.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When something takes up the majority of my time, like an upcoming exam on the income tax act, I lose all ability to effectively manage my life. Simple things like checking the mail, paying bills, eating, taking out the garbage suddenly become the most laborious tasks. It's like everything crumbles around me for a period of time and then I always havea massive amount of work to get things back in order. Of course, once my life resembles normalcy again, something else pops up and it's back down the rabbit hole.

Last edited:

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

When something takes up the majority of my time, like an upcoming exam on the income tax act, I lose all ability to effectively manage my life. Simple things like checking the mail, paying bills, eating, taking out the garbage suddenly become the most laborious tasks. It's like everything crumbles around me for a period of time and then I always havea massive amount of work to get things back in order. Of course, once my life resembles normalcy again, something else pops up and it's back down the rabbit hole.

This sums it up man. Always trying to stay on top of it, always sliding off. The eternal condition. Doing battle with this as well.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I hate it. I wish i could learn to balance things better.

fwiffo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sophie Milman plays in Toronto in a few hours and I'm in Atlanta because I volunteered to wrap up a project and kick people out the door.

dfagdfsh

Professional Style Farmer
Reaction score
moving. we're like 75, 80% done and it's horrible. that plus huge thunderstorms have been hitting all day so we've been dodging them. why do i always live on the second story. i guess on the bright side it's a good work out

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
******* t-storms.

i was going to go home and cut the grass; get a head start on the weekend.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
also, **** me, airfares are through the roof right now. trying to book an asia itinerary and flights are double what i'm used to paying. fudge.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads