• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
My day started 11 hours ago and I have no ******* idea when it is going to end, and tomorrow is another marathon day. Dammit I thought this job was all about getting paid really ******* well for not working very hard.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score

I've gained over ten pounds in the last several months. Way too much carousing.

Maybe a good chiropractor can help me lose some weight.

I understand cannabis can help with weight loss. Also, deforestation.

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Exactly. I'm ridiculously anal about how much ice I want when I order scotch in a bar, as in, I'll have a scotch with 3 ice cubes, please.
This is how I feel about it - I love getting adjusted. Even better is to have a massage and then an adjustment. Heaven. Stuff pops that I didn't know exists.
Yep. Never, ever buy any of the **** that every chiropractor seems to sell in their front office, but for temporary relief of lower back pain they can be pretty awesome.

For bartending purposes, this is the best type of order there is. Leave me with as little possibility of ******* up your drink as possible.

You brought up a good point about chiro that I should have addressed earlier - as with Mr. G's muscle weakness and instability leading to his constant problems, the inverse is also possible, where the muscles are TOO tight around the joint and thus prevent proper adjustment into place. You see this often in whiplash victims where the neck muscles are soooo locked up that even they can't twist their head. Getting a massage before chiro treatment can be very beneficial if this is the type of problem that's occurring.

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I'm thinking about going to a PT now because I've had this lower back pain for 1-2 years now and the Orthopedist said nothing was wrong.. but I just don't buy it. He said that I just need to pop some advil whenever I feel pain and I can definitely tell something is off.

Maybe the PT will be my golden ticket to ridding myself of the back pain.
Well, she wasn't pushy to the point of turning me off and being sleazy.. I'm just skeptical and assume she's eyeing me with $$$ in her eyes.

Thanks for the info, Rambo. Was quite helpful.

I think chiropractors can help in certain cases, but they definitely aren't the magical healers that they try to sell themselves to be. I'm sure it's rife with crooks that suffer from the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I would give the PT a shot. All it will cost you is the copay and some time, and it could really help. I've posted about it before, so I won't go into too much detail, but PT was a godsend for me. I spent about 10 years looking for an issue, including two orthopedists, an MRI, a variety of X-rays, a podiatrist, and at least three GPs, and no one could give me a good answer. My physical therapist identified the problem in about 10 minutes, and the exercises he gave me started helping literally overnight. I certainly can't say that your experience will be the same, but I'm a big proponent of giving it a try, especially in cases where other avenues have proved fruitless.

I suppose that depends upon whether you pay with cash or credit.

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I always order my Scotch neat with a glass of ice on the side. Zero possibility of ******* that up. I used to go the "X cubes" route, but everyone's ice cubes are a different size...

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Eat less. Saves your fat ass money on both fronts.

Last edited:

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

I find myself writing about Jesus for pages on end these days. Sadly, it's for my current book project and not for my facebook wall.

Actually, that's much better. I'm all for people writing thoughtfully about Jesus in books. But the ceaseless posting of mindless Jesus-related crap has led me to suppress the FB feeds of several otherwise perfectly pleasant relatives and friends.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I always order my Scotch neat with a glass of ice on the side. Zero possibility of ******* that up. I used to go the "X cubes" route, but everyone's ice cubes are a different size...

This is good but try saying "hey sweetie, club soda with a glass of ice on the side". Doesn't work.

Look, ice is a scam. Bartenders of the world unite: less ice por favor. That way I can focus on my lunch and not need to remember light ice.

Rambo, you a bartender? I used to bartend. Would always light ice my drinks, little extra scotch/gin. Made friends, alchies loved me.

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Actually, that's much better. I'm all for people writing thoughtfully about Jesus in books. But the ceaseless posting of mindless Jesus-related crap has led me to suppress the FB feeds of several otherwise perfectly pleasant relatives and friends.

Less writing about Latino immigration, folks. Its overexposed.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

My day started 11 hours ago and I have no ******* idea when it is going to end, and tomorrow is another marathon day. Dammit I thought this job was all about getting paid really ******* well for not working very hard.

I worked til 4 AM last night. I left the office at 6PM today but am on call. :(

Last edited:

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I worked til 4 AM last night. I left the officehotel at 6PM today but am on call. :(

Prostitution can be a bear. A bit of aloe vera on the sphincter, you'll be primed for tonight.

Last edited:

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Rambo, you a bartender? I used to bartend. Would always light ice my drinks, little extra scotch/gin. Made friends, alchies loved me.

worked a bar or two in my day. management watches you WAY more these days, trying to squeeze every last dime out of bartenders. even free drinks were getting limited and ice to the brim was a favorite way of making the schmo's think they were getting much more than they were. granted, this was a poorer places. the upscale joints where drinks were actually expensive usually kept things in perspective.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

worked a bar or two in my day. management watches you WAY more these days, trying to squeeze every last dime out of bartenders. even free drinks were getting limited and ice to the brim was a favorite way of making the schmo's think they were getting much more than they were. granted, this was a poorer places. the upscale joints where drinks were actually expensive usually kept things in perspective.

This times eleventy. They have a TV show dedicated to ******* with bartenders who overpour. It's a **** time to be a bartender.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads