Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bergdorf Goodwill, Feb 7, 2007.

1. Joffrey

Joffrey Senior member

A few months unemployed ought to pull your head out of your ass.

2. Steve Smith

Steve Smith Senior member

What you really need is someone to tell you that you are perfect for Job X? You are so precious and special.

3. Alter

Alter Senior member

I am so not looking forward to that part of the sibling rivalry. So far it has been amazing with my older one (you know who I mean Globe) being amazingly helpful with the twins. Hope that continues forever.

Pissing me off...seeing my career disintegrate with no feasible back-up plan. Man, I'm fucked, :fu:

4. in stitches

in stitches Kung Joo Moderator

99.9% of the time that just doesnt happen. sorry, but finding the perfect job is a trial and error process. it takes time and effort, rarely does it just fall in your lap from the moment you finish school. if you keep that in mind you will have an easier time with this part of your life. not to mention jobs arent exactly a'plenty these days.

:( sorry alter. best of luck.

5. ysc

ysc Senior member

Thanks for the sweet sentiments. I am not seriously expecting someone to come up and tell me what to do.
    I have just found everyone I have spoken to has made increase the different jobs I am looking at, rather than narrow them down and I am left with too much choice. In many ways is a nice thing given how poor the economy is and how few jobs there will be in each individual industry, but it makes it hard to make a decision when I have a lot of other stuff to do at the moment (principally my dull dissertation). You never had any doubt as to what career to pursue?

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  6. lasbar

lasbar Senior member

When my mother died ten years ago , I sat down with my older sisters and I realized how much the past , especially from family set-up , has shaped our present relationships...

Jealousy , envy , misunderstandings, admiration are emotions we all have to deal with as children and adults..

You will be surprised by how important are these emotions in an adult mental make-up...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

wait. what? good luck, e.

8. NAMOR

NAMOR Senior member

DMV. fuck. I have been waiting 45 minutes for the next number to be called which is mine. fuck. fuck

9. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

I think you might find that the job market will reduce those difficult choices for you quite a bit, young Padawan.

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Sigh.. it's really hard to explain. The basic gist is that they're all very, very close with each other and they're all very extroverted and outgoing. I'm introverted and tend to shut down in social situations that are dominated by loud, outgoing people. As a result, I'm pretty sure this rubs off as arrogance and aloofness and a bit of awkwardness. It's all really frustrating for me because it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy where people will begin to treat me in a way that induces such behavior.

I can't really explain it fully without getting all psychological and whatnot, but it all boils down to my inability to develop a connection with my co-workers. For example, I was walking 1-on-1 with one of them and she asked me which dorms I lived in during college (she's an alum from a year ago) and as I was listing them off, she just started walking faster to catch up with the group ahead of us and butted into their conversation without even acknowledging my answer to her question. It was a serious WTF moment for me and quite frankly, I thought it was really rude. i mean, here I am walking and talking with her, she asks me a question, I begin to answer, and she just blatantly ignores me. In my head, this just screams that she's not interested in talking to or interacting with me -- that's fine. But then that way of interacting with me reinforces my response to become guarded around her, which further reinforces her notion that I'm aloof and stand-offish and so on. It's a vicious cycle.

Further, she's a very outgoing, loud (not meant to sound derogatory), and extroverted person and I see how she's very friendly with other people. But the moment she interacts with me, she's the complete opposite. She sounds disinterested, guarded, and uncomfortable. I'm very good at picking up non-verbal behavior, so I notice how she treats me differently, which further affects how I also interact with her.

11. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...
    The heat and my $1700 utility bill. Moreso the heat

12. munchausen

munchausen Senior member

Is that for an office building or something?

13. JayJay

JayJay Senior member

I can identify with this, completely. I'm introverted, always have been throughout my life and career. I've never been or wanted to be the life of the party. Friends have always been few. And, yes, I've been called aloof, arrogant, and probably even worse. Still, I've garnered respect from my colleagues, and my career path has been amazing. I still to this day rarely socialize with any of my colleagues, but I do get along with all of them. Be yourself.

14. kwilkinson

kwilkinson Having a Ball

:( Dude.
    If you need to, you can come be a cook at my club and live in my house. :)

15. CouttsClient

CouttsClient Senior member

Los Angeles/ DC/ The Gulf Coast/ Airplane...

Unfortunately no