• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

cbw87

Reaction score
Has anyone had any email replies from GS over the last few days? I'm wondering if mine just got lost in the ether and that I should resend it?

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sgt_Strider
I have some questions for the customers of TaT suits. Since you guys have measured yourself and got a suit made by Jason, I'm wondering if you guys have learned anything in regards to the measurement process? Would you guys do anything different in measuring yourself to ensure a better fit? I'm in the process of figuring out how to proceed with this so that if I do order a suit from Jason, it'll arrive with a good 95-99% fit and I'll get a tailor to iron out the minor issues.

Don't worry about it too much. Do it the way it's done on the website and you'll be fine (at least I was). Check shoulder, arm and inseam measurements on well-fitting garments you have (I took shoulder and arm measurements from a bespoke leather jacket which worked perfectly).
There's no need for videos or anything of that sort.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbw87
Has anyone had any email replies from GS over the last few days? I'm wondering if mine just got lost in the ether and that I should resend it?

resend it, unless I've already replied since this post. I'm only on the computer for spurts during the day at work since I'm having computer problems at home that is not gonna be fixed for a couple weeks at least

dinted voice

Reaction score
Has anyone gotten a jacket only in the PoW with the blue overcheck? I think the fabric looks great, but am concerned with the versatility. I only see myself wearing it with shade of grey pants. Any thoughts from any others, or anyone who has purchased the fabric?

wmmk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jason, will you ever do your own OCBD's? I really like the look of the collab you're doing with Kent Wang and will probably get a couple of those in blue and pink. If I end up liking the fit, I'd like to get more in different patterns/stripings. I know Kent plans on doing some point-collar shirts, but I much prefer the BD collar. I just figured that since the buttondown collar is such an integral part of the mod/skinhead look, you might have plans to do more OCBD's. Gingham ones would be awesome!

Regards,
wmmk

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by cbw87

Heh I was getting worry too. I send an email considering my 2nd purchase.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Jason, will you ever do your own OCBD's?
yea...shirts are one of those things where I'd def like to do it. I made some white shirt samples that were pretty on point fit-wise, didnt really like the fabric options that kept the price in the range I wanted (about $75-80). Gingham is def something I would want to do, but it really hard to get good gingham. I can get some good quality gingham cotton but the price would have to be around $150/shirt for it to be worthwhile to do. That's definitely higher price than I would like, but it's top tier fabric, and buttons will be MoP etc. So it's still in limbo. I am going to make a sample using the gingham (in a traditional buttondown collar with back neck button, sewn down boxpleat, the usual details for this sort of shirt) and if it knocks my socks off then I'll consider making it, if I feel like it's worth the premium on price. and if I can get an equally nice white fabric then the standard semi spread small collar shirt would be back on the table too.

unexpected

Reaction score
If you ever extend the sleeves to 36" (other people can get it shortened!!), I would totally buy one tomorrow.

bsyde82

Reaction score
prior post didn't receive any responses, maybe b/c the pic I tried to post to serve as an example didn't show up.

Anyways, what factors contribute to the shoulder either being sharp, or soft? Is it the material? I had a tweet TaT jacket whose shoulders were a tad soft. Would this be different w/ wool? I'm a total suiting/materials noob, if it wasn't obvious already.

Wrigglez

Reaction score
So i begin my TaT experience with my first order today confirmed.

New Charcoal herringbone

Jacket:

Notch lapels

2 button.

2.75' lapels

Straight pockets

The overlapping ticket pocket

Straight breast pocket

1' longer skirt (as conservative cut)

High arm holes

Piped shoulders like Lei's order from SF (the last picture on the lookbook)

Pants:

Conservative cut

1.5' turnups

Frogmouth pockets.

there will be photos in a month.

can't wait!
bounce2.gif

dave

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Get Smart
yea...shirts are one of those things where I'd def like to do it. I made some white shirt samples that were pretty on point fit-wise, didnt really like the fabric options that kept the price in the range I wanted (about $75-80). Gingham is def something I would want to do, but it really hard to get good gingham. I can get some good quality gingham cotton but the price would have to be around $150/shirt for it to be worthwhile to do. That's definitely higher price than I would like, but it's top tier fabric, and buttons will be MoP etc.

So it's still in limbo. I am going to make a sample using the gingham (in a traditional buttondown collar with back neck button, sewn down boxpleat, the usual details for this sort of shirt) and if it knocks my socks off then I'll consider making it, if I feel like it's worth the premium on price.

and if I can get an equally nice white fabric then the standard semi spread small collar shirt would be back on the table too.

Make a gingham bd with all the details and I can guarantee that you'll sell at least one! More if you do different colors. (burgundy and navy immediately leap to mind.)

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah I'm down for some nice gingham bd.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads