• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's completely made-to-measure. so he will make your suit according to your measurements. seriously, you live really really really really close to him, so i would highly encourage you to contact GetSmart and set something up if he still does this. his blog/site shows you how you how to measure and everything, it is not hard to do. He has a good idea of when someone's measurements look a little goofy, so i wouldn't be concerned.

i've ordered a bunch of things from him and everything is always great.

now for the color. if this is going to be your one and only suit for a while, i would go with grey, IMO. darker grey to be more exact, but that decision is yours to make.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition

suit looks good, but your shirt's points appear wider than the lapels of the jacket, which, to me, makes it look a little off

Talbina

Reaction score
Get Smart,

I've noticed that the pants you make are really high above the waist (or as others said, the seat is too long). In general I only wear low rise pants because I have wide hips.

Wouldn't your style of suits command that they have low rise pants?

Also, this is a far shot, but do you ever visit Toronto (personal or business)

Thanks

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jpham247
So I was thinking about the Midnight Navy Herringbone fabric 2 Button with the 'house' cut.
Do you think the TaT suits fit guys of my size well? ~5'7-8", 130 lbs. size 34-36 jacket?

Size 34/36 is probably one of my most popular so def no problem there, and if you want to set up a meetup just email me

Originally Posted by Talbina
Get Smart,

I've noticed that the pants you make are really high above the waist (or as others said, the seat is too long). In general I only wear low rise pants because I have wide hips.

Wouldn't your style of suits command that they have low rise pants?

Also, this is a far shot, but do you ever visit Toronto (personal or business)

Thanks

The rise on *most* trousers is 10.5" front which isnt high for trousers. But I can lower the rise to a specific amount if you want. and no have never been to Toronto, and no plans to do so in any near future.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alright I just send my payment for the suit!
I can't wait...the fabric I pick was the Dark Medium Gray #6.

PinkPantser

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PolePosition
Got my new suit the other day. Made a thread in MC but in case no one reads it, here are a couple of pics.

Nice, though it would probably look better a bit smaller in the chest & waist.

Icarium

Reaction score
Going to put in a shameless plug for Jason here, mostly because I am really happy with how my stuff turned out.

I finally got around to taking my jacket to Felice Custom Tailoring for minor alterations. On a list of excellent tailors in Southern California, Mr. Singha is the list from what I've heard. Some prominent forum members have gone so far as to say he is one of the best tailors in the country.

Anyway, he said that the fit (as measured by Jason) was very good. Albeit, fit is a personal thing, and a little subjective. More importantly, he asked me how much I paid - after telling him, he was very impressed with the construction for the price point. To me, that speaks volumes about Jason's business. As long as your measurements are correct, you are getting an excellent suit for a great price.

who8mahrice

Reaction score
I keep telling myself I need to get a suit...and TaT looks great, way better than any RTW (and in the same price range). But I can never get myself to put out that much money at once (and yea, I realize a suit of TaT quality produced by a big mall brand would be way more)...perhaps I'll pick one up for next year for graduate/medical school interviews o_O?

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Icarium

Anyway, he said that the fit (as measured by Jason) was very good. Albeit, fit is a personal thing, and a little subjective. More importantly, he asked me how much I paid - after telling him, he was very impressed with the construction for the price point. To me, that speaks volumes about Jason's business. As long as your measurements are correct, you are getting an excellent suit for a great price.

+1 I took my TaT pants to get hemmed up and my tailor gave me a funny look when I picked them up. He said, in his heavy Greek accent, "These are not from store" It took me a while to figure out that he was implying they were custom made to which I confirmed. He said "Excellent quality", to which I agreed.

kontra

Reaction score
Jason, Im planning to order my first jacket next week. I got three questions this far:
- How much just for the jacket these days?
- Can I pick the color of the lining? (like navy or burgundy - nothing radical)
- self measuring: I just looked through your guide - Would you prefer me to send you the measurements of my good fitting suit jacket or should I measure my body?

Raoul Duke

Reaction score
I just recently went through the whole process of ordering a suit from Jason and I am very satisfied with all parts of the experience. The turnaround time despite being over Christmas break was about 5 weeks to my door, which is exceptional service considering I am located in Canada. I found his responses to emails were always less than 24 hours even on weekends and he was always eager to help and answer my questions. To top it off, he marked the value of the suit as $50 to save me a significant amount of duty and customs charges.

For my suit, I chose his conservative cut as I don't wear a suit all that much at my current level in my profession. The material is the charcoal 140s, which is very smooth and seems to breathe quite well. Overall, this is exactly what I was looking for and I am extremely happy I went with Thick as Thieves, rather than something OTR in the same price range. I feel as though the fit is pretty good for a first try. I only anticipate making some minor tweaks on my subsequent orders. Sleeves and inseam were purposely made longer for the first order to avoid making them too short due to an error in the measurements.

I've included some photos below of the suit. If anyone would like further detail shots of the fabric, I will gladly post them to this thread. For reference, I am 6'3", 190lbs.

TaT-Front.jpg
TaT-Side.jpg
TaT-Back.jpg

bsyde82

Reaction score
Hey Jason, or anyone that knows, what factors contribute to the sharpness of a shoulder? I like the shoulder of this TaT jacket b/c its fairly strong, with no raggedness along the shoulder line. I've noticed other jackets that appear a bit softer.
navy-blazer-w-custom-pocket.jpg
thoughts?

lsquare

Reaction score
I have some questions for the customers of TaT suits. Since you guys have measured yourself and got a suit made by Jason, I'm wondering if you guys have learned anything in regards to the measurement process? Would you guys do anything different in measuring yourself to ensure a better fit? I'm in the process of figuring out how to proceed with this so that if I do order a suit from Jason, it'll arrive with a good 95-99% fit and I'll get a tailor to iron out the minor issues.

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
take a video of getting measured, put it on youtube and send to getsmart, this will be my process when i finally cave in and order one!

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I haven't got mines yet. But I got a friend of mines to measure me. But yeah, c.struggle video suggestion sounds like a great idea.!

Just have to get the shoulder measurement right.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solarpanel3000