• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thick as Thieves ONLINE

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bsyde82
^^

Sorry, did I offend?

anyways, I love the TaT style, and have seen it work great for many on this thread, but with this type of customization, of course there's going to be some occasional (and slight) misses. I just wanted to take any extra steps to ensure the perfect fit, or something close to it. that is all.

no, not at all, but it's close to my biggest pet peeve when I get emails where someone sends me an editorial photo of a certain brand and ask if I can replicate it. And those are the requests that irk me.

but I've had a few send me a jacket to use as reference, which can be helpful

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you offer just odd coats (which is not just the suit jacket without the pants, ie they are their own special cut) where we can choose a fabric, i've noticed others saying they will give you a fabric and you will do it

Lysol

Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle
Do you offer just odd coats (which is not just the suit jacket without the pants, ie they are their own special cut) where we can choose a fabric, i've noticed others saying they will give you a fabric and you will do it
+1 on this. I was just signing on to ask this very question. Actually, I think I know the answer but do you have any fabric (will be getting, could point me somewhere that I could source it for you, etc.) that is more traditional sports coat material (windowpanes, plaids, non-worsted wools, odd colors). I have very little use for the suits that I do own, let alone more, but can ALWAYS use sports coats. I saw this pattern on your blog that I really liked:
1-button-tweed-closeup-lape.jpg
Something like that. My second question (I guess it's a question) is about the shoulders on this jacket:
sanjay+herringbone+jacket.jpg
...they're perfect. They also look a lot softer and less padded than other jackets I've seen in this thread. Is this a special cut or was this gentleman completely adept at measuring himself? I like a tight shoulder (@ 17") and the past few jackets I've seen in this thread look a little stronger than I like. Actually, the fit on this entire jacket is PERFECT and if it had patch pocket and two buttons, would order two right now
smile.gif

Smahatma

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lysol
My second question (I guess it's a question) is about the shoulders on this jacket:

sanjay+herringbone+jacket.jpg

...they're perfect. They also look a lot softer and less padded than other jackets I've seen in this thread. Is this a special cut or was this gentleman completely adept at measuring himself? I like a tight shoulder (@ 17") and the past few jackets I've seen in this thread look a little stronger than I like. Actually, the fit on this entire jacket is PERFECT and if it had patch pocket and two buttons, would order two right now
smile.gif

Not a special cut, just my measurements that I gave. I have been tweaking the measurements with every order.

Get Smart

Don't Crink
Reaction score
Originally Posted by constant struggle

I dont do CMT until you've bought a jacket/suit with house fabrics and it's been determined the fit works for you to your liking. but yes, otherwise I can do just a jacket

jpham247

Reaction score
Hello great people of SF,

Please bear with me if any of my questions or comments are just ridonculously silly or stupid. The problem I'm having is finding a great suit that fits well and looks great on my small frame. I'm ~ 5'7.5" and am quite the small asian kid and I estimate my jacket size to be a little smaller than a 36, which is becoming quite a problem since I can't find my size in many places. I tried perusing south coast plaza's department stores, and boutiques for well fitting suits but as I tried them on I just had the impression that they didn't make or carry my size. As I was reading the forum for places to get small slim cut suits, I kept reading about the Thick as Thieves MTM suits and how very highly praised they were. And since it's based out of Southern California I've decided to give it a shot.

Since I am relatively new to buying suits, so I'm not sure what color/fabric/ pattern/ cut to get for my first suits. Any suggestions?

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
since you live in socal, you should schedule an appointment with GetSmart to get your sizing down and everything.

for your first suit, i would stick with charcoal grey or navy wool. keep it simple for starters.

Warren G.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Charcoal would be a little more versatile then Navy. Would be great if you can pick up both :O

I'm in the process of getting a Dark Gray #6 from Jason.

Icarium

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wmmk
Can you do custom buttons? I'd love a navy jacket with white MOP buttons...
he can do MOP buttons - i know, because he is doing some on a jacket for me right now.

PolePosition

Reaction score
Got my new suit the other day. Made a thread in MC but in case no one reads it, here are a couple of pics.

It is the charcoal from the Fall 08 fabrics and it is in the conservative cut.

Don't mind the shirt sleeves on the spread collar shirt lol. Didn't feel like putting the cufflinks on or adjusting them.

jpham247

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bdeuce22
since you live in socal, you should schedule an appointment with GetSmart to get your sizing down and everything.

for your first suit, i would stick with charcoal grey or navy wool. keep it simple for starters.

So I was thinking about the Midnight Navy Herringbone fabric 2 Button with the 'house' cut. Do you think the TaT suits fit guys of my size well? ~5'7-8", 130 lbs. size 34-36 jacket?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasminimani44