• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Worst WAYWT Thread

Brian SD

Reaction score
We had a really good discussion about this conversation a couple months back, if memory serves. Here it is: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...=impress+girls As you can see 80% of the forum agrees that other peoples' opinions are at least somewhat important when choosing how to dress. You can play it off as a self-serving hobby, but most people are aware that when you put on clothes, everyone's going to notice how you dress, and they're going to make judgements about your character on it.

Brutus

Reaction score
Today at work a fashionable lady in a sister organization said she remembered who I was because I wore "skinny pants". I corrected her and said "so you mean clothes that fit." She pretty much agreed. So there you have it, dress well and make a lasting impression.

clarity

Reaction score
Originally Posted by XeF4
There is a difference between pants that fit, and pants that are painted on.

We've had baggy jeans shoved down our throats for at least 15 years in the states. You have people that grew up thinking it was normal. So when they see something not baggy it's automatically skinny even if it's just a regular fit like a new standard.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LA Guy
"Hey, I'm a member of an internet forum called Kinowear. Yeah, we discuss different ways of picking up women, and how to dress to do so." I'll call you a liar if you tell me that you've done this, and *any* girl has been receptive.

This would require being honest with the girl, when we know, thanks to the research of the pickup artist industry, that all social interactions with ladykind are already poisoned by the inherent dishonesty of women and the way the dating deck is stacked against men, hence the need for us to fight back with pathetic white lies and gaudiness in order to subvert the system and achieve real love (or at least some skin hunger satisifaction) for socially marsupialed men worldwide. Right? RIGHT?!

Originally Posted by chronaug
tl;dr

I'm going to go back and count the number of similarly tl posts in chronaug's first 2k.
smile.gif

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by clarity
We've had baggy jeans shoved down our throats for at least 15 years in the states. You have people that grew up thinking it was normal. So when they see something not baggy it's automatically skinny even if it's just a regular fit like a new standard.
Personally, while I wear some jeans that fit in this description, I think any jeans that are not comfortable to do physical work in (too tight to crouch, stretch, reach, etc. comfortably), unless meant for cowboy type work, are skinnier than "normal", whereas any that are baggier than necessary for the above description are also not a "normal" fit. Not that I particularly care either way. And personally, since (somewhat) forumizing my wardrobe, I get very good reactions even when I'm wearing what I consider laundry day clothes. I have the feeling that a lot of kids who say that "forum approved wear looks lame to regular people" are either being approved by a different forum, are seeing some supposedly predominant style on here that I'm not seeing (e.g. uber skinny weirdness) or are so self conscious and uncomfortable in their new costume that they wouldn't get good reactions no matter what they were wearing. Also, some adjustment of what you see on here for the purposes of local standards/climate, personal background/influences, personal body type/look/etc. (e.g. if you look like you're 12 or 50) is absolutely necessary if you want to have a good reaction from others. (If you don't, fine, but in that case why not wear sweats?) Clothes tell people something about where you are coming from, and if you are not really coming from NYC bike messenger culture, or LA cobrasnake hipster culture, or the skinhead/mod scene, or some mythical world of young whitebread hiphoppers, or Sweden, then you should consider why dressing like those things makes people wonder WTF is up with you. Those looks are most likely incongruous with your personality. It's as bad (well almost as bad) as that kid I know who went to Hot Topic and bought himself a punk kit and thought he was now punk wearing all his brand new clean tight black stuff with zippers. Blah, I was going to write more but whatever, I'm going back to bed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads