• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

breakaway01

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
08144F9C-3F4F-4585-BA92-A436EF24C817.jpeg

Last edited:

flipstah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
he's staring at his feeder intently (the kettlebell on it is so he doesn't knock it over because he legit attacks the thing when it dispenses food)
Doesn’t he know to not bite the hand that feeds you?!

@hendrix cool fits and the hair flow is on point my man! Is that a Seiko digital watch I see? Or a Casio?

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's solid feedback. Thank you.

The chore... I tried leaving more buttons unbuttoned, but it just wasn't doing what I wanted it to. The collar is slowly curling outward as it ages, and I want more of that... but I'm going to let it age as I wear it, at its own pace. But that day... it was never going to roll below the next button, it just wasn't behaving the way I would have wanted to unbutton more, so this is how it came out.

I need to expand my sneaker collection now, but it's probably either going to be a 99x or possibly something from Karhu, I don't think Salomons are *quite* what I'm looking for. Maybe even an NB 9060, still not sure how I feel about those but there's something there. The 574s are basic, but they're doing a lot of heavy lifting in my wardrobe for now.

Nice loafers, btw. I know I've seen them before... Horatio?

Appreciate the response, and I've been thinking about this quite a bit.

I'm feeling a tension here with your oversized fits, and I believe this is what's keeping them from being truly successful. I think they are too oversized for the Saman Amel/ETautz type of neu tailoring, and perhaps that's why folks in CM don't get it. At the same time, they are not directional enough for the more modern take on tailoring.

This leads me to suggest that if you want to take it to more swd realms, you need to lean more into the sportier mix of fabrics and kits. I don't think a classic sneaker from NB or something like Karhu will give you the vibe you need. I believe you need to go to salomon or ASICS/kiko. This will bring in the appropriate amount of tension and contrast. If those sneakers aren't working for you, may I also suggest a chunky loafer that will help you carry the oversized styling more intentionally.

If you stick with a truly classic sneaker, you're leaning back into the "lazy CM guy" vibe, for which you'll need more tailored silhouettes. Maybe a non-cuffed pant, and no chore coat. But I feel like this really isn't the vibe you're looking for.

Loafers are what Meaty said, TF x B&W.

Daniel Hakimi

Reaction score
Appreciate the response, and I've been thinking about this quite a bit.

I'm feeling a tension here with your oversized fits, and I believe this is what's keeping them from being truly successful. I think they are too oversized for the Saman Amel/ETautz type of neu tailoring, and perhaps that's why folks in CM don't get it. At the same time, they are not directional enough for the more modern take on tailoring.

This leads me to suggest that if you want to take it to more swd realms, you need to lean more into the sportier mix of fabrics and kits. I don't think a classic sneaker from NB or something like Karhu will give you the vibe you need. I believe you need to go to salomon or ASICS/kiko. This will bring in the appropriate amount of tension and contrast. If those sneakers aren't working for you, may I also suggest a chunky loafer that will help you carry the oversized styling more intentionally.

If you stick with a truly classic sneaker, you're leaning back into the "lazy CM guy" vibe, for which you'll need more tailored silhouettes. Maybe a non-cuffed pant, and no chore coat. But I feel like this really isn't the vibe you're looking for.

To be clear, I was thinking of something more bold than a 574. I realize that 990s aren't rare or anything these days, but I do think quite a few colorways are bold enough to do the job (I'm not looking for gray).

I also love bold/chunky loafers. I have some loafers that fit the bill, for sure, and would really like something from, say, F.E. Castleberry, but I've bad some back / posture issues, and I gotta focus on sneakers for now.

I'm not thinking of my style in terms of which section of styleforum it fits into better. ALD, if anything, is closer to what I'm trying to do. But I'm drawing inspiration from a lot of different places and trying to condense it into something of my own.

One thing I keep coming back to is sleep as a casual perspective. I'm not ultimately super into workwear or athleisure or anything like that. I am a city slicker, I want to be cozy in my free time. Relaxed fits and cozy knits are part of that. I know that belted overcoats are going to be a big part of that, and slippers presumably will be too, and a couple of tartan flannel shirts, and a lot of other things I can't just buy overnight. But I don't think Salomon's hiking-ish features hit what I want. I do need sneakers though, and I hate vans, so I think the sort of... evolved dadcore aspect of a bright purple 990 would work well enough. Or at least cover my more ALD-adjacent perspectives.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics