• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LeeroyDaBoy

Reaction score
I mean, it's hardly sincere, it's just playing into the whole "luxe" concierge service of Mr Porter, and there are other, far better stores I've bought at to where it's the same person answering the emails, posting your package, and including a nice handwritten note or postcard
Personally I hate stores like Mr Porter - they don't particularly care about clothing, they're in it for the money - it shows in the utterly non-cohesive brand line-up, the extremely boring buys, the fact that they jump onto brands seasons and seasons after smaller boutiques. Thanks to their backers they can do their ridiculous sales, offer return shipping, and all the other things that make it harder for smaller, directional boutiques to compete.
I think this is what you call a business.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score

Regis I just wore my cream viscose for the first time today after getting it back from the cleaners. It. Is. The. ****.
Might be tempted to get one of the current season viscose, holes and all, if it makes it to sales.

Aren't they awesome man? I have two and want at least 5 or 6 in various colors....they never make it to eBay either. I get the same reply from Margiela every time I ask them "we don't plan on re creating that item again".

I remember getting a lot of **** for my viscose knits...very T3C esque haha but that was back in the Regis only buys basics days. Funny half my pms now are about viscose knits :satisfied:

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Synthese is a unicorn riding space pirate. Don't insult his mighty steed.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

penanceroyaltea

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Gundam unicorn was the best gudam series I've seen in a while.. Definitely worth your time.

My too "mr porter" comment was in terms of his styling of the items, not so much the actual brand list

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? Damn. I have to say campily that I really liked Seed/Destiny. Or is it more badass in the vein of the more nostalgic series like Char's Counterattack or even Turn A.

Will have to check it out. Sunrise for life.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

About that - is Gundam Unicorn actually worth watching? The unicorn part is kind of a turn-off. On the other hand, The Last Unicorn was a pretty damn good movie if you fast-forward through the singing part near the end (0), so maybe I shouldn't be so harsh on unicorns.

Unicorn is actually really good. It's set in the UC timeline after Char's Counterattack, so you're going to see a lot of tropes repeated from the original, but still very well done.

Last edited:

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
your telling me he doesn't dude?

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
T3C, I bet if you fix your camera angle and had pics that were more square and less rectangular that would be half the battle. You are a tall, skinny guy, and I think you were the right clothes for your build, but I think the pics are fighting against you.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Relax, internet tough guy. I'll delete my post.

Bam!ChairDance

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

your telling me he doesn't dude?

Ehhhh, your original post says way more about your own background and experiences than it does about the guy in your photo. He's dressed in pretty standard 'dark minimal' designer garb, something that would hardly turn the heads of folks here in SWD. But I could see, from the standpoint of someone who lurks mostly in the Classic Menswear forum, how he could be viewed as a "clown" or a "jerk-off", particularly if the man viewing the picture lacked a certain curiosity or open mind.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads