1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: A Bespoke Coat from David Reeves

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Bespoke Coat from David Reeves. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The What Are You Wearing Today (WAYWT) Discussion Thread, Part II

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Tirailleur1, May 22, 2014.

1. The3rdConch0rd

The3rdConch0rd Senior Member

If an outfit is inherently good, then it's good regardless of context. If he wore that to his grandmother's funeral--assuming she herself didn't go around in Rick steez--then it is most likely out of context. However, that doesn't make it a bad fit. It just shows that the wearer is unable to match his outfits to the proper contexts.

Good Lord. You are awful.

2. The3rdConch0rd

I do agree on this. Could vastly improve on fit-pick-taking mechanics/fundamentals. I am going to buy a good camera this weekend and make sure the cam is always chest level.

3. MGD83

MGD83 Distinguished Member

Just a little punk behind a computer screen - nothing that warrants a further reaction. I'll admit my comment was a bit out of place though. Didn't mean to offened anybody in particular.

4. Caveat

Caveat Distinguished Member

@ManofKent please post a ninja outfit and save this thread.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015

5. The3rdConch0rd

Thanks for all the advice, guys. I really appreciate the insight you all have.

Would it help to gain a little insight into what I want out of clothes? I think this fit sort of embodies what I want the foundation of my wardrobe to be. Which is to say a casual aesthetic employing a flattering silhouette with interesting textures. (Reading that back to myself sounds like nonsense lol.) I think the biggest area for improvement lies in the denim in the first and second fit. I'd really like to wear stuff like this 75% of the time and then throw in HF stuff from Prorsum, SLP and Margiela and whatnot to fill in the remaining 25%. I probably have the most fun wearing HF stuff, but it's not always the most appropriate choice.

[​IMG]

And for all those keeping score at home, I believe the footwear in the first and third pic are the only item sold by MrP. That being said, I didn't buy any of them from MrP. Although I do certainly think they are one of the better "big guy" online retailers.

[​IMG]

I then experimented with this:
    [​IMG]

@spacepope really cool fit. Would be interesting to see the flowy-ness of the top reiterated somehow in the trousers.

6. Benesyed

Benesyed Distinguished Member

I like that fit with the jeans and the gats. Id be curious to see how the sweater would look/fit like without the undershirt or whatever is poking out from beneath it.

7. Transcendental

Transcendental Senior Member

Yeah I don't know what tomfuckery I just read on the past few pages, but it doesn't make sense to me. Fits look pretty good most of the time. Better than some of the pussy shit I see posted. ("You mean wearing EG doesn't make you have any less of a dad body? Or even a Teach4America Intern?!") Inb4postafit

8. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Wrong! Always wrong.

3rdC I like that second fit. Dunno why all the fuss, but maybe start simpler (as you've stated) and try for better photos (as you've also stated). I look like shit 99% of the time (spacepope looks like shit 100% of the time) and yet manage to convince the internet otherwise. There's magic in the camera, somewhere.

9. Abraxis

Abraxis Distinguished Member

It's probably fine. In another 3-6 months, I'm sure he'll be the next regis, mikey or snowman ;p Or some amalgamation of the three.

10. accordion

accordion Distinguished Member

now you guys made him wear a lux knit + jeans + gats, sf brainwash complete

11. The3rdConch0rd

Yea, I really got some of that camera magic.

Just as long as I don't devolve into that dude/girl/person? who kept posting the same thomas pink shirt and gazino shoes complaining about her/his/its? thigh rashes, I'll be satisfied.

12. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Distinguished Member

tbh I stopped watching gundam unicorn after 2 eps cause I found the plot pretty bad even for anime. Unicorn was the main reason I watched, would buy the gunpla if I had time to actually build it.

13. RegisDB9

RegisDB9 Rico Suave

Take away the undershirt and that is exactly what I wear all the time. Can't go wrong with cream/blue/tan or white. If T3C throws in some light suede color boots what you get is my "uniform"

Seeing as I have watched exactly one anime ever....Gundam Wing bros, Gundam Wing

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Stylish Dinosaur

@einstine I think you have really poor posture. All the clothes you wear will always look off. You always look hunched in your photos.

Relax.

I don't think it has anything to do with how the photo is taken in this case.

Some of the REIT bros can chime in.

@Caveat From all the criticism you give, I am baffled that you applaud @accordion latest 'WAYWT'. It is a messy look IMO. Perhaps you're still adjusting as well because the said photo is quite poor. Lighting is too dim, and all you see is a floral shirt peeking out. It is quite jarring.

@NewYorkIslander I find the first look to make you short and wide. I don't know if it is the coat or your beard.

15. accordion

accordion Distinguished Member

why does everyone spell my name wrong, it's like a really weird version of not remembering names irl except it's written out every time I post