• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
your telling me he doesn't dude?
If an outfit is inherently good, then it's good regardless of context. If he wore that to his grandmother's funeral--assuming she herself didn't go around in Rick steez--then it is most likely out of context. However, that doesn't make it a bad fit. It just shows that the wearer is unable to match his outfits to the proper contexts.

ftfy, you dumb ******* ****.

ENGLISH, MOTHER ******. LEARN IT.
Good Lord. You are awful.

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
T3C, I bet if you fix your camera angle and had pics that were more square and less rectangular that would be half the battle. You are a tall, skinny guy, and I think you were the right clothes for your build, but I think the pics are fighting against you.
I do agree on this. Could vastly improve on fit-pick-taking mechanics/fundamentals. I am going to buy a good camera this weekend and make sure the cam is always chest level.

MGD83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just a little punk behind a computer screen - nothing that warrants a further reaction. I'll admit my comment was a bit out of place though. Didn't mean to offened anybody in particular.

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
Thanks for all the advice, guys. I really appreciate the insight you all have.

Would it help to gain a little insight into what I want out of clothes? I think this fit sort of embodies what I want the foundation of my wardrobe to be. Which is to say a casual aesthetic employing a flattering silhouette with interesting textures. (Reading that back to myself sounds like nonsense lol.) I think the biggest area for improvement lies in the denim in the first and second fit. I'd really like to wear stuff like this 75% of the time and then throw in HF stuff from Prorsum, SLP and Margiela and whatnot to fill in the remaining 25%. I probably have the most fun wearing HF stuff, but it's not always the most appropriate choice.

And for all those keeping score at home, I believe the footwear in the first and third pic are the only item sold by MrP. That being said, I didn't buy any of them from MrP. Although I do certainly think they are one of the better "big guy" online retailers.

I then experimented with this:

@spacepope really cool fit. Would be interesting to see the flowy-ness of the top reiterated somehow in the trousers.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like that fit with the jeans and the gats. Id be curious to see how the sweater would look/fit like without the undershirt or whatever is poking out from beneath it.

Transcendental

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know what tomfuckery I just read on the past few pages, but it doesn't make sense to me. Fits look pretty good most of the time. Better than some of the ***** **** I see posted. ("You mean wearing EG doesn't make you have any less of a dad body? Or even a Teach4America Intern?!") Inb4postafit

Last edited:

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like that fit with the jeans and the gats. Id be curious to see how the sweater would look/fit like without the undershirt or whatever is poking out from beneath it.
Wrong! Always wrong.

3rdC I like that second fit. Dunno why all the fuss, but maybe start simpler (as you've stated) and try for better photos (as you've also stated). I look like **** 99% of the time (spacepope looks like **** 100% of the time) and yet manage to convince the internet otherwise. There's magic in the camera, somewhere.

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's probably fine. In another 3-6 months, I'm sure he'll be the next regis, mikey or snowman ;p Or some amalgamation of the three.

The3rdConch0rd

Reaction score
Wrong! Always wrong.

3rdC I like that second fit. Dunno why all the fuss, but maybe start simpler (as you've stated) and try for better photos (as you've also stated). I look like **** 99% of the time (spacepope looks like **** 100% of the time) and yet manage to convince the internet otherwise. There's magic in the camera, somewhere.
Yea, I really got some of that camera magic.

It's probably fine. In another 3-6 months, I'm sure he'll be the next regis, mikey or snowman ;p Or some amalgamation of the three.
Just as long as I don't devolve into that dude/girl/person? who kept posting the same thomas pink shirt and gazino shoes complaining about her/his/its? thigh rashes, I'll be satisfied.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
tbh I stopped watching gundam unicorn after 2 eps cause I found the plot pretty bad even for anime. Unicorn was the main reason I watched, would buy the gunpla if I had time to actually build it.

RegisDB9

Rico Suave
Reaction score
Take away the undershirt and that is exactly what I wear all the time. Can't go wrong with cream/blue/tan or white. If T3C throws in some light suede color boots what you get is my "uniform"

Seeing as I have watched exactly one anime ever....Gundam Wing bros, Gundam Wing

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@einstine I think you have really poor posture. All the clothes you wear will always look off. You always look hunched in your photos.

Relax.

I don't think it has anything to do with how the photo is taken in this case.

Some of the REIT bros can chime in.

@Caveat From all the criticism you give, I am baffled that you applaud @accordion latest 'WAYWT'. It is a messy look IMO. Perhaps you're still adjusting as well because the said photo is quite poor. Lighting is too dim, and all you see is a floral shirt peeking out. It is quite jarring.

@NewYorkIslander I find the first look to make you short and wide. I don't know if it is the coat or your beard.

Last edited:

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
why does everyone spell my name wrong, it's like a really weird version of not remembering names irl except it's written out every time I post

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads