• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Man those pants do not flatter you
Was trying on this black moto today, I want to cop but it's $375 or so USD and for only a bit more I can get a TOJ in gray, the color I want most. Still i think it looks good enough.
Pull the trigger or not?
nVuZR.jpg
(was wearing my suit before I tried it on)

No. Arms too short, too tight anyway.

Huh, it's a brand new leather and didn't stretch out at all. My new purchase fit tighter than that then a day later fit just right. Do agree he shouldn't get that one though and arms are too short.

scott.m

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guess this is a lifestyle shot?
IMG_0419.jpg

SWAG JERRY RICE, I THINK I'M JERRY RICE.

White Mountaineering down/gore filled tweed vest
BoO Overshirt
Thom Broadcloth
Bapex
Oliver Spencer cargos
Qlo socks - safety orange
Bape Manhunts

shouts out to homi29

Last edited:

skander

Reaction score

IMG_0419.jpg

BoO Overshirt
Thom Broadcloth
Bapex
Oliver Spencer cargos
Bape Manhunts
shouts out to homi29

Great corner for a lifestyle shot [0]

Like everything except the shoes.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
should work, but something is off:

boots > sneakers in this fit

perhaps pants > jeans or change the shirt to a tee.

i think swooc does it well with pants+shirt+toj leather

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score
well as usual thread is redirected on course...

what are those sandals ?

the shah

OG Yamamoto
Reaction score

I don't think I like this look, Shahishah. And as you know, I am usually not very critical of you, coz I know you keep it real.
First of all, it's sort of...well... FOB. Yeah, FOB. And FOB in a really fobby way. The wifebeater exposing a hairy chest....the discolored, thin shirt, sleeves rolled up and unbuttoned...ill fitting pants...c'mon dude, this is a cab driver picking up a milk on the way home! It's straight from a Bollywood movie about the immigrant experience in New Jersey...it just doesn't fly as style....too much bad rap by association.

Maybe I'm being a little too harsh on you coz my sarong wearing experience this evening was an absolute disaster...but low-brow, low-class, uncool, Simpsons-mockable ethnic wear has its time and place and styleforum is not one of them....

:lol: 10pm at whole foods, extra fob points cuz i bought pomegranate juice

also saw, aside from other brown fobs, a japanese couple, the girl wrapped in a wool blanket and the guy rocking a top knot

oh this was for Shah

would that make it more interesting if random customers took my pics for me ? yes, cellphone is better than my other camera...

Last edited:

bubba04

Reaction score

IMG_0419.jpg

BoO Overshirt
Thom Broadcloth
Bapex
Oliver Spencer cargos
Bape Manhunts

shouts out to homi29

Whaaaat??? No Junya?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Big thanks to all of those who commented and thumbed it up, much appreciated.

It was fun to read the discussion that followed. I'm not going to discuss the merits or demerits of my own outfit, obviously I liked it enough to wear it, it's been a daily uniform for the last few weeks - I don't buy a lot of stuff so I wear what I have often, instead. I got this jacket in mint condition (A/W 04) a few months back and I couldn't be happier with it.

Excuse the dark pictures, bad lighting and a worse camera does that. It doesn't come out that well in pics anyway, the real treat is in movement. The wool gabardine used for the jacket (the yohji staple gab 100) is just magnificent. Hard wearing, amazingly soft hand and moves so well. When standing still with the jacket buttoned it looks a bit more structured than it is in person, it comes alive worn open outside when you get some air in between jacket and body. The zipper is quite heavy and throws the balance off a bit when moving, I personally love that. In balance to the jacket, the pants are a 50-50 wool/cotton thick flannel-y kind of fabric that is more structured and heavy. The knit (mohair/wool/nylon) is a bit distressed and works as contrast to the other parts.

Regarding brand consumption, we've had this discussion before and I'm not going to convince any of you so I won't dwelve too deep into it. I couldn't care less what people think about that aspect, I wear it just because it feels so right and I don't need to prove anything else. I'm not against other brands in any way and I do look at other stuff (and do wear other brands.... sometimes -- kidding aside, this fit had both uniqlo and RW!!) but I don't feel the need to do it just because.

Regarding the old chinese men, the two best dressed guys I saw yesterday were both 60+, so maybe there's something there. And I love white sneakers as well (and have worn old muji canvas sneaks in many fits before).

I dont' have many detail pics of the jacket, but I took a close-up that I decided not to post because it's not that great and I didn't want to post too many pics of the same fit, but I forgot about the excellent spoiler function, so here it is:

clark kent

Reaction score
if i saw an aging priest that dressed like asobu... i would probably drop to my knees and praise his aesthetically endowed prowess.

in all seriousness though. this fit and asobu's usual postings are all "mind-blowing" to me. i probably couldnt explain why exactly i like his looks so much, but i am pretty bummed that some of you folks dont appreciate them as much as i do.

i also really like shah's latest fit, its pretty badass in a cuban drug dealer type of way.

APK

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

if i saw an aging priest that dressed like asobu... i would probably drop to my knees and praise his aesthetically endowed prowess.

Be careful about dropping to your knees around priests.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

i completely agree with this. and I am not saying that the fit is not praise worthy, not at all.
what I am saying is that you guys resort to hyperboles and intensifiers about hooooooOoOoowww fuckiiing mind BLOWING the fit is, when in reality its just an cool oufit that works for that person. But you guys let you're comments take on this intensity because of the hype fact0r.
its like, guys -- relax --
And that's why when bubba says, "hey, I don't get why this is mindblowing" he is actually making making an astute observation. The fit is not MINDBLOWING, it's just another great fit from asobu.
I guess what I am saying is that the term 'mindblowing' should be reserved for things like alien invasions and invisibility cloaks. You know, **** that blows your ******* mind.

I think that, in a way, you and I are on the exact same ******* page

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads