• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Funeral for a Friend: remembering clothes we have loved and lost

FlyingMonkey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Based on some brief conversation in the WAYWT thread, I thought I'd start a new thread where we can discuss, mourn, celebrate etc. all those items we once owned that we used to really love, but that for one reason and another we lost along the way.

That leather jacket people told you didn't suit you, the slightly weird jeans that you thought were great but you also felt awkward wearing, the hat you left on the subway, that T-shirt a girlfriend 'borrowed' - and then you never saw either again, the beautiful coat that was a bit too big so you sold it, but then volume came back... that kind of thing (and more).

xeoniq

Reaction score
Probably only this Lanvin leather jacket. It had a special green colour and despite being from their cheap diffusion line, it was very nice leather and well made. Sold it because I am just too rough with my clothes and like something I can stow in a bag, so I didn't wear it enough and also didn't want to see it get destroyed by trying to take it out regularly with a bag on my shoulder. Still, it was a nice piece. I think I made the right choice moving it along though, it would not have gotten more than a wear or two a year. Better someone else enjoyed it.

lanvin.JPG

XWT

Reaction score
My first pair of raw jeans I bought around 2003, from a discount store. It was when Victorinox launched a denim line (which apparently they still have). Raw denim hadn't been a well known thing in almost 2 decades. It was cut like a late 60's 501 and because I a teen who didn't really understand laundry, I washed them a lot during the 2 years where I owned them. They faded to a very very light stonewash, and had massive tears at the knees. Pocket bags were damaged too, and the hem which I was constantly stomping on was chewed up from the heel. When they were destroyed, I gave them to a punk rocker friend I used to know for whom they are just getting right. Those jeans were awesome.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.