Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

It's weird though. There's like this generation gap where the 40-60 year olds dress like crap with gaudy designer brand stuff (fake Gucci, LV, etc.) and socks+sandals.

2. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

If my KMW's are now too tight (and they are on the thigh, loose on the lower leg, worst fit ever) then my squats have done their job and I and Osama Bin Laden have won.

3. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

[​IMG]
    needed coffee beans and peanut butter ...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2011

4. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

^ i went to a nearby Safeway (i think it was) at UCLA and it looked SO nice inside. really small compared to what you see in a suburb, but i was astounded. really liked the atmosphere, must be the product of a big city. nice.

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored

Did someone take this for you?

oh this was for Shah

6. Eason

Eason Bicurious Racist

But it's depth-of-field! I feel like I'm playing Mass Effect

7. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

No. Arms too short, too tight anyway.

Sorry Kent but you have terrible taste in footwear and this explains partly why you wear those horrible monkey boot things.

Exactly I love it.

it's charming and romantic.

8. aether

aether Senior member

i completely agree with this. and I am not saying that the fit is not praise worthy, not at all.

what I am saying is that you guys resort to hyperboles and intensifiers about hooooooOoOoowww fuckiiing mind BLOWING the fit is, when in reality its just an cool oufit that works for that person. But you guys let you're comments take on this intensity because of the hype fact0r.

its like, guys -- relax --

And that's why when bubba says, "hey, I don't get why this is mindblowing" he is actually making making an astute observation. The fit is not MINDBLOWING, it's just another great fit from asobu.

I guess what I am saying is that the term 'mindblowing' should be reserved for things like alien invasions and invisibility cloaks. You know, shit that blows your fucking mind.

9. baconzilla

baconzilla Senior member

^if we didn't go crazy over a good fit then we would have to shit on normal fits like yours then. If asobus fit is normal then yours is a fucking $1 mcdonalds vanilla cone.

10. miran

miran Senior member

I don't think I like this look, Shahishah. And as you know, I am usually not very critical of you, coz I know you keep it real.
    First of all, it's sort of...well... FOB. Yeah, FOB. And FOB in a really fobby way. The wifebeater exposing a hairy chest....the discolored, thin shirt, sleeves rolled up and unbuttoned...ill fitting pants...c'mon dude, this is a cab driver picking up a milk on the way home! It's straight from a Bollywood movie about the immigrant experience in New Jersey...it just doesn't fly as style....too much bad rap by association.

Maybe I'm being a little too harsh on you coz my sarong wearing experience this evening was an absolute disaster...but low-brow, low-class, uncool, Simpsons-mockable ethnic wear has its time and place and styleforum is not one of them....

11. db_ggmm

db_ggmm Senior member

I am of the strong opinion that the old saying, "a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush" is very appropriate in the case of clothing.

12. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Senior member

haha

13. miran

miran Senior member

I have to be honest...what is special about this? There is a zip along the sleeve and the right back, what's the purpose of this? Also, the pants hark back to 1990 and Vanilla Ice's Ice Ice Baby and kinda look like harem pants...but nothing elegant or unique. Am I missing somethign?!?!? I mean, if there was a zipper along the back along the ass crack region, that would at least be amusing in some sort of scatological way..."Look at me, I can take a dump (or #$# #$)#*)#)#) by just unzipping, without unpanting myself!"....but other than the misplaced zip and the harem pants, everything else is conservative and boring!

14. baconzilla

baconzilla Senior member

15. aether

aether Senior member

i have to be honest, McDonalds ice cream cones are mindblowing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.