• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimmo

Reaction score
Oh, popped to Omega dealer today and checked their Milgauss rival, Seamaster 15000 Gauss. Wasn't too impressed given the price, MSRP is 5700€, no wonder Italian dealers sell them at about 3,5k in Chrono24. Nice watch but Omega's policy of pumping prices up isn't really helping them in my book.

Was so underwhelmed forgot to take a wrist pic :mad:

Last edited:

troika

Coco the Monkey
Supporting Member
Reaction score
GH. After about 10 years of no issues. Thank god it only fell on carpet

Question: how important is it to get an omega link spring replacement? Do I need to go to an AD for that?

Last edited:

pmeis

Reaction score

Can't wait to see!

On another note, serious question: can a self-proclaimed TWATerati can own a G-Shock? Is it a physically impossible theory? I used to hate the 'G-Shock look' but now I get the itch for an all blacked-out one for those activities I don't feel like wearing a proper watch, especially jogging, walking the dog and outdoor activities (hiking, fishing, etc.).

Pretty soon I'm going to be down to three watches...a Panerai, a Nomos and a G-Shock. Bought a G-Shock last year and only wear it a couple times a month for certain activities but I'm always glad I have it when I do. It's also a satellite and solar powered model so I keep it on a window sill and it's always perfectly set on the occasion that I need it.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, here's my latest addition.

In sunlight:

In artificial light:

I know it's not a TWAT favorite, but I'm really enjoying it as a causal/ business casual watch and have to admit the quality is really nice.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I've always kept a beater or two in my collection for tougher activities and working out etc.

Frilly is more of an exception in regards to lifting weights while wearing an Explorer for example, but hey, he's always been ,,, exceptional LOL.

I see nothing at all wrong with picking up a nice functional G, or a Monster, or Timex for the appropriate occasions.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@New Shoes1 nice Oris Aquis, it's been on my list for a while. I've always been fond of the Maldives limited edition, too!

Dachshund

Reaction score
Lot of time for the G-Shock. I have one for general holiday beating, running, etc. I've had it for over 15 years. Out of gas at the moment though.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always kept a beater or two in my collection for tougher activities and working out etc.

Frilly is more of an exception in regards to lifting weights while wearing an Explorer for example, but hey, he's always been ,,, exceptional LOL.

I see nothing at all wrong with picking up a nice functional G, or a Monster, or Timex for the appropriate occasions.

I am also exceptionally fond of "Predator" (1987), so I take every chance to recreate the classic "Dillon! You son of a..." scene. Guess I am Schwarzenegger by default in this pic...

Also, "Dillon" is wearing a Hublot.

Of course he is.

This is me and Shane Battier a few months ago. He's wearing a Shinola:

Also, purple pants! Boom.

Last edited:

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I seem to be wearing my g-shock more and more and more. comfy, accurate, dont care what happens to it. I had about 10 (yes I did that phase), and I'm down to just two.

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
plus - Carl Weathers is by no means small. yet, he looks like me (minus the chubby white guy part) next to Arnold.

Dachshund

Reaction score
Is there some nerdy collector value in old mint G Shocks? Not that I've got a minter. And when I remember the Jordan IIIs I had as a kid - if I'd just have kept them in the box...

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sun's out guns out. Good work!

#Boom.

plus - Carl Weathers is by no means small. yet, he looks like me (minus the chubby white guy part) next to Arnold.

Arnold set the standard for muscular physiques on action heroes back in the 1980s - before then you could be a tough guy with a mustache like Charles Bronson and be a somewhat believable action dude. Nowadays most Hollywood actors train for months for the almost obligatory torso shot. And they still look nothing like Arnold at his peak.

Yeah, yeah, we can talk about the 'roids and everything that makes Arnold kind of funny (and for some, despicable) - at the end of the day he's done some incredible things with his life. Not bad for a dude with a gap-toothed smile from Graz, Austria.

You can also take all the HGH and 'roids you want, but you're not going to end up with a seven-time Mr Olympia physique without some serious hard work and dedication.

Not THIS "hard work" and "dedication." HAHAHA!

His new line of watches that he announced in Basel are some kind of horrific, and his latest movie is at 27% via rottentomatoes, but I still enjoyed "Terminator Genisys." Hahah!

jgold47

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is there some nerdy collector value in old mint G Shocks? Not that I've got a minter. And when I remember the Jordan IIIs I had as a kid - if I'd just have kept them in the box...

yes - In my opinion however, the problem is that appropo of nothing, most older G-shocks get bezel rot and the rubber goes to ****. I've got a couple of 10+ year old models with databanks (think rolodex on your wrist) that work great except the bezel is fried. the modules are fine, and I've had one in my shower for 3 years now, still keeps perfect time. The 5600 (square) are still in production, so even if you had an older module, you could still get a new bezel. It tends to be the higher end and ultra rare/named watches that command, and a lot of older 6900 collaborations seem to still be hot. lately they seem to be just be introducing new colorways of the same design, and their last flagship (as I see it) was an analog.

I have a mudman (9000) and riseman (9400), but I want a frogman, gulfman (probably my next) and I like a couple of the analog Master of G models

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Okay, here's my latest addition. In sunlight:
I know it's not a TWAT favorite, but I'm really enjoying it as a causal/ business casual watch and have to admit the quality is really nice.
Nice - I like Oris.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads