• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Watch Appreciation Thread (Reviews and Photos of Men's Timepieces by Rolex, Patek Philippe, Brei

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure it looks too big, but I don't love it with a suit. But if it makes you smile and fits the 4 to 5 days of the week you don't wear a suit then go for it.

I agree. As much I love the watch, It just looks off to my eye with a suit. After researching watches, I've come to the conclusion that I tend to not like traditional dress watches that would pair nicely with a suit. I keep finding myself drawn to watches that straddle that dress/casual line that are versatile enough to wear with jeans on the weekend and business casual during the week but end up not being ideal with a suit. So, perhaps you are right and I just simply need to get what I would love to wear four days a week.

Jaysek

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
hey I been looking to get a new nicer watch and had a couple questions. what's the difference between omega, rolex and tudor? are tudor and omega sub companies of rolex?

also is the omega seamaster a good watch?

suprememen

Reaction score
A few of the new Speedys...

f17a81ded60527ace7b00bc0e38b2197.jpg

89b061393a7018002c71abb7ca4c1c0c.jpg

Also, this one:

82778e3622d6682cc0b2b99fa2ba0579.jpg
Wow! Those are really amazing.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey I been looking to get a new nicer watch and had a couple questions. what's the difference between omega, rolex and tudor? are tudor and omega sub companies of rolex?

also is the omega seamaster a good watch?
Omega is its own company and has nothing to do with Rolex. Tudor is a sub company of Rolex and until recently, it only used movements made by an outside company rather than movements made by Rolex (which kepts its costs down). Tudor has now has an movement made inhouse for some of their watches.

Yes, Omega makes some good watches. There are lots of good watches on the market, it simply depends on your needs, taste and budget.

ShawnBC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just acquired a new watch box (12 count) so I can now go back on hunting/searching mode. No buys yet though; I promised myself not to buy another watch for a couple of months (weeks?) after my SMP.

Still, a guy has to do some research, no?

mwink[1].gif

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I agree.  As much I love the watch, It just looks off to my eye with a suit.  After researching watches, I've come to the conclusion that I tend to not like traditional dress watches that would pair nicely with a suit.  I keep finding myself drawn to watches that straddle that dress/casual line that are versatile enough to wear with jeans on the weekend and business casual during the week but end up not being ideal with a suit.  So, perhaps you are right and I just simply need to get what I would love to wear four days a week.

There are a lot of watches out there in my opinion that straddle that line quite well. Any "sports watch" really. I could probably come up with quite a few options depending on budget.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

A few of the new Speedys...

f17a81ded60527ace7b00bc0e38b2197.jpg

89b061393a7018002c71abb7ca4c1c0c.jpg

Also, this one:

82778e3622d6682cc0b2b99fa2ba0579.jpg

Those are great, especially that one in the second photo. It's a good thing there isn't an AD near my office or else I'd have to go drool over their counters at lunchtime.

New Shoes1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There are a lot of watches out there in my opinion that straddle that line quite well. Any "sports watch" really. I could probably come up with quite a few options depending on budget.

I'm looking to keep it under $2,000.

rnguy001

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's the dreaded face on wrist shot that is making the 57 look bigger. It's 41.5 iirc and I'm sure frills you would wear it well.

I like the 57 a lot but I prefer the dial of my 44 speedy personally.

Cant kill da Rooster

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree.  As much I love the watch, It just looks off to my eye with a suit.  After researching watches, I've come to the conclusion that I tend to not like traditional dress watches that would pair nicely with a suit.  I keep finding myself drawn to watches that straddle that dress/casual line that are versatile enough to wear with jeans on the weekend and business casual during the week but end up not being ideal with a suit.  So, perhaps you are right and I just simply need to get what I would love to wear four days a week.

I'm looking to keep it under $2,000.

Under 2k sports watch is where I am looking right now for my next watch. If used is ok, I would look at Longines, Omega and Tudor although they might push your limit slightly over. Several German brands including SInn, Stowa and Junghans can also be found new under 2k.

Last edited:

Krish the Fish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got my 2254.50 Seamaster for a hair under $2k as my first watch, and I love it. Not a single bad thing to say about it.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score
2254 was my first recommendation as well.

I think the Longines Legend Diver could straddle the casual/ business line as well. Can most likely grab a new example of that for $2k or less.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think it's the dreaded face on wrist shot that is making the 57 look bigger. It's 41.5 iirc and I'm sure frills you would wear it well.

I like the 57 a lot but I prefer the dial of my 44 speedy personally.

Yup, should have composed that pic a bit better. The Omega website says 41.5mm case size but as usual it depends on the shape of the lugs, how it sits on one's wrist, etc.

But hey, if I can rock a DSSD I can rock this one. Hah hah.

The RG "Paul Newman" Speedy is really, really nice and understated. Retail is in the mid-$20s, though, so at that price point, even considering discounts, it's competing with a bunch of other options.

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The RG "Paul Newman" Speedy is really, really nice and understated. Retail is in the mid-$20s, though, so at that price point, even considering discounts, it's competing with a bunch of other options.

Yes really nice, but at that price point I'd be purchasing something else.

Donegin

Reaction score
I want to spend 2.5 k in a watch. I am considering Tag Heuer vs. Alpina for that Price, what Brand do you guys think is better in quality?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trumbus