• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is something maybe you guys could help me with. I am also looking for a real military watch, probably Omega or Longines, but I'm brand agnostic about this, tbh, that would have been commissioned for military use. Here is the difficult part. I am really interested in the original cases which would likely have had solid rods, instead of the regular spring loaded ones. Finding it hard to locate these, anywhere. Have any of you guys come across these?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
analogshift comes by them with relative frequency. Also mentawatches.

Last edited:

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is something maybe you guys could help me with. I am also looking for a real military watch, probably Omega or Longines, but I'm brand agnostic about this, tbh, that would have been commissioned for military use. Here is the difficult part. I am really interested in the original cases which would likely have had solid rods, instead of the regular spring loaded ones. Finding it hard to locate these, anywhere. Have any of you guys come across these?

You want a WWW “dirty dozen” watch:

https://wornandwound.com/military-watches-of-the-world-the-dirty-dozen/

Journeyman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just bang into stuff. A lot. And I'm always doing things with my hands, which messes things up as well. So, just as an example, in spent a day hauling horse mats in the gym to set it up for HIIT training, and ripped the crap out of my forearms from the abrasive mats. If I'd been wearing a watch, it probably would have broken the bracelet, or at very least messed up a band.

Perhaps you just need one of these leather watch cases?

image_41e91699-26bd-4cbb-9d97-79068f98e824_2048x.jpeg

The father of one of my friends used to wear one when I was young. He had a very active life - worked as an electrician in his day job but had a hobby farm, went hunting, fishing, shooting and camping, renovated his own house and so on. It seemed to work well to protect his watch.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you just wanted a black watch, and the movements, finishing inside etc don't matter to you, couldn't you have accomplished the same by purchasing a black Swatch or Hamilton?

As for your statement about not caring about destroying things or people not being wealthy enough to use things [if you can't destroy them]...wow might be the most obnoxious and ridiculous statement I've seen here. I guess I was raised differently, and to believe we work hard for the things we have, not to take them for granted, and that if we take care of them, they will last us a very long time.

I'm not the one who keeps destroying crystals. Most of my watches are lnib condition when sold after 3 years even with normal usage. I just don't pamper my stuff like babies, so don't act so surprised. I was raised a catholic so to make life harder by obsessed caring manmade stuff is sinful. Or I guess you can say life is limited and I don't want to waste time caring for insignificant things.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seiko is strange in that respect, as it builds very classic and attractive watches of diminishing price points all the way from GS and down to ordinary Seiko SARB033 and even down to Seiko 5. And they all look almost identical. I guess being mass producer their bread and butter is in 150 to 600 range and they don't care how many GS watches they sell annually.

Not true, I just had dinner with the country distro and he said 2 years ago prior to Seiko's GS global campaign he had to beg to get people to buy GS. Now at 30% increase in street purchase price they're flying off the shelves. To the fury of old time collectors of course.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not the one who keeps destroying crystals. Most of my watches are lnib condition when sold after 3 years even with normal usage. I just don't pamper my stuff like babies, so don't act so surprised. I was raised a catholic so to make life harder by obsessed caring manmade stuff is sinful. Or I guess you can say life is limited and I don't want to waste time caring for insignificant things.

Man, there are so many contradictions in your post that I don't know where to begin.

Part and parcel of being "raised a catholic" I guess. :devil:

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't find your post explaining how you keep smashing sapphire crystals, but why not focus on watches with plexi crystals? They won't shatter.

Or just get a Reverso Squadra and be done with it. I sold the LE rose gold hometime for only $7500 lnib. Steel non gmt should be far lower.

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Man, there are so many contradictions in your post that I don't know where to begin.

Part and parcel of being "raised a catholic" I guess. :devil:

LOL I'm here to talk watches and style. You should focus on helping LA Guy finds his perfect watch instead.

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not true, I just had dinner with the country distro and he said 2 years ago prior to Seiko's GS global campaign he had to beg to get people to buy GS. Now at 30% increase in street purchase price they're flying off the shelves. To the fury of old time collectors of course.

They sell well I suppose is a good thing, except I can’t find their design that inspiring

Riva

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They sell well I suppose is a good thing, except I can’t find their design that inspiring

Indeed, it's a matter of taste. Thus why I'm down to only 1 GS after once owning 17. I'm simply updating on their status in the global market. Plus the finishing on the lowest end models have gone for the worse though still higher than comparably priced Rolexes.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or just get a Reverso Squadra and be done with it. I sold the LE rose gold hometime for only $7500 lnib. Steel non gmt should be far lower.
I have a normal reverso (well, reverso sport), but yes, it's a good idea.

Last edited:

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an aside, I've wondered wtf use is a Reverso, particularly a Reverso sport, with a duoface.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads