• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Swatch Sistem51 just died, so this is a sign from God that I need to buy a new watch, right? I'm looking for something sporty and summer-y that is not a diver (which I already own). I'm going to look at the new Hermes H08, hopefully in the next few weeks. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for other watches.
Don't you have one of the original Baltic runs of watches? I think their Aquascaphe GMT, particularly in the blue/teal colorway and on a blue rubber strap, would be a great summer watch. But it's probably too "divey" given your criteria. Cost is around $1,100 last time I looked.

1619001516638.png

pmeis

Reaction score
Don't you have one of the original Baltic runs of watches? I think their Aquascaphe GMT, particularly in the blue/teal colorway and on a blue rubber strap, would be a great summer watch. But it's probably too "divey" given your criteria. Cost is around $1,100 last time I looked.

View attachment 1597067

Their new dual crown diver looks really cool, but I don’t think it will be delivered until later in the summer maybe.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it have to be mechanical? If not, how about this (minus the atrocious yellow stitching on the black one):

View attachment 1597047

Otherwise a Nomos Club or Ahoi?
I'm not a fan of GS, but it's hard to overlook how perfectly sculpted those hands and hour markers are. Very well done. Aesthetically, these put the Code 11:59 to ******* shame.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Their new dual crown diver looks really cool, but I don’t think it will be delivered until later in the summer maybe.

Yeah, it's clearly a diver but I really like that new compressor-style Baltic. Super hot.

Maybe a military / field watch type of piece for summer wear? I also like the idea of something cheap and digital to replace the Sistem51. @Ambulance Chaser is going to have to give us some guidelines here ...budgetary and otherwise LOL.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your looking at the Hermes then I assume your not looking for anything this cheap but I picked up this fun pilot watch while I decide on where my collection is heading.
20210421_083750.jpg

Did a review of this in the cheap watch thread but for just over a hundred bucks it's an automatic, sapphire crystal, 100 meters wr. A fun little watch.

ronscuba

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of GS, but it's hard to overlook how perfectly sculpted those hands and hour markers are. Very well done. Aesthetically, these put the Code 11:59 to ******* shame.
What ? How dare you insult my watch, cuz that means you are insulting ME ! Just kidding. Everyone has different taste.
Nomos, GS ? Nope, I will keep my flashy Code Chrono.

20210314_175907.jpg

Attachments

• CODE_26393OR-OO-A028CR-01_closeup_GP10_ORIGINAL_001.jpg
    CODE_26393OR-OO-A028CR-01_closeup_GP10_ORIGINAL_001.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 20

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What ? How dare you insult my watch, cuz that means you are insulting ME ! Just kidding. Everyone has different taste.
Nomos, GS ? Nope, I will keep my flashy Code Chrono.

View attachment 1597133

I’m not really sure why people went nuts and derided this watch when it came out. I mean, it’s not my cup of tea but its really no different from a ton of other chronograph on the market.

ronscuba

Reaction score
I’m not really sure why people went nuts and derided this watch when it came out. I mean, it’s not my cup of tea but its really no different from a ton of other chronograph on the market.
It looks better in person when you can see all the details. There is a lot going on visually with the angles, curves, finishing, etc.. Still, it is not for everyone. I like it and that is all that matters.

smittycl

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
x-Post from the other watch thread. Picked up the Muhle-Glashutte ProMare Go yesterday. Nice diver.

1619017770221.png

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks better in person when you can see all the details. There is a lot going on visually with the angles, curves, finishing, etc.. Still, it is not for everyone. I like it and that is all that matters.

Definitely a world of difference seeing it in person. Monday was a local holiday so I went into town and visited the AP boutique. No ROs, they had 3 Offshores, and a few Code models. I really didn't think anything of them in photos. However, in person they really are far more impressive. The details are much more interesting when you see them up close. The time only models didn't do much for me, but the chronographs were really handsome and the case details are very interesting. I didn't like the green rubber strap below. Other than that the watches were really handsome.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/FG3HN18l.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/XECxfqel.jpg[/img]']

an draoi

Reaction score
Dropped in at an Omega boutique today to see the new Speedmaster in person.

I like the new bracelet - the brushed version on the hesalite model is similar in appearance to the old style bracelet on my 3952.50, although it is very much improved in its design and comfort on the wrist.

I prefer the original dial over the stepped dial on the new models, but that wouldn't put me off buying.

The applied logo on the sapphire version is cool, just a shame they don't offer this on the hesalite version.

I also saw the 50th Anniversary Snoopy and was very taken with it. Put myself on the waiting list, although I don't expect one to come available very soon.

an draoi

Reaction score
My Swatch Sistem51 just died, so this is a sign from God that I need to buy a new watch, right? I'm looking for something sporty and summer-y that is not a diver (which I already own). I'm going to look at the new Hermes H08, hopefully in the next few weeks. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for other watches.
What about Bamford's Mayfair range? I customised one that I thought you might like.
Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 17.17.48.png

Joking aside, you can make up quite a fun, summery watch
Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 17.25.35.png

But I think I prefer @dan'l 's Timex plus a few hundred pounds to put towards something else.

Although probably not this. Argg ugg ugg ugg ugg...
Screenshot 2021-04-21 at 17.28.09.png

EDIT: tbf this is still far superior to the Black Panther AP.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-Post from the other watch thread. Picked up the Muhle-Glashutte ProMare Go yesterday. Nice diver.

View attachment 1597138

Fifty Fathoms vibes with that one... I like it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads