• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Swatch Sistem51 just died, so this is a sign from God that I need to buy a new watch, right? I'm looking for something sporty and summer-y that is not a diver (which I already own). I'm going to look at the new Hermes H08, hopefully in the next few weeks. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for other watches.
Nomos Ahoi?

Very sporty, very "summer", and even a 20atm rating which does not look like a diver, plus 4 x 40mm variations to choose from (and 6 x 36mm).

dan'l

Reaction score
My Swatch Sistem51 just died, so this is a sign from God that I need to buy a new watch, right? I'm looking for something sporty and summer-y that is not a diver (which I already own). I'm going to look at the new Hermes H08, hopefully in the next few weeks. I would appreciate any suggestions you might have for other watches.
For sure there will be plenty of good recommendations from others, but if you are looking for something summer-y in a similar price bracket as your Swatch, I like the Timex Q:

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
Casio? Or something from Fossil or Wenger.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't you have one of the original Baltic runs of watches? I think their Aquascaphe GMT, particularly in the blue/teal colorway and on a blue rubber strap, would be a great summer watch. But it's probably too "divey" given your criteria. Cost is around $1,100 last time I looked.

1619001516638.png

pmeis

Reaction score
Don't you have one of the original Baltic runs of watches? I think their Aquascaphe GMT, particularly in the blue/teal colorway and on a blue rubber strap, would be a great summer watch. But it's probably too "divey" given your criteria. Cost is around $1,100 last time I looked.

View attachment 1597067
Their new dual crown diver looks really cool, but I don’t think it will be delivered until later in the summer maybe.

George Red

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does it have to be mechanical? If not, how about this (minus the atrocious yellow stitching on the black one):

View attachment 1597047

Otherwise a Nomos Club or Ahoi?
I'm not a fan of GS, but it's hard to overlook how perfectly sculpted those hands and hour markers are. Very well done. Aesthetically, these put the Code 11:59 to fucking shame.

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Their new dual crown diver looks really cool, but I don’t think it will be delivered until later in the summer maybe.
Yeah, it's clearly a diver but I really like that new compressor-style Baltic. Super hot.

Maybe a military / field watch type of piece for summer wear? I also like the idea of something cheap and digital to replace the Sistem51. @Ambulance Chaser is going to have to give us some guidelines here ...budgetary and otherwise LOL.

Woofa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If your looking at the Hermes then I assume your not looking for anything this cheap but I picked up this fun pilot watch while I decide on where my collection is heading.
20210421_083750.jpg

Did a review of this in the cheap watch thread but for just over a hundred bucks it's an automatic, sapphire crystal, 100 meters wr. A fun little watch.

ronscuba

Reaction score
I'm not a fan of GS, but it's hard to overlook how perfectly sculpted those hands and hour markers are. Very well done. Aesthetically, these put the Code 11:59 to fucking shame.
What ? How dare you insult my watch, cuz that means you are insulting ME ! Just kidding. Everyone has different taste.
Nomos, GS ? Nope, I will keep my flashy Code Chrono.

20210314_175907.jpg

Attachments

Phileas Fogg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What ? How dare you insult my watch, cuz that means you are insulting ME ! Just kidding. Everyone has different taste.
Nomos, GS ? Nope, I will keep my flashy Code Chrono.

View attachment 1597133
I’m not really sure why people went nuts and derided this watch when it came out. I mean, it’s not my cup of tea but its really no different from a ton of other chronograph on the market.

ronscuba

Reaction score
I’m not really sure why people went nuts and derided this watch when it came out. I mean, it’s not my cup of tea but its really no different from a ton of other chronograph on the market.
It looks better in person when you can see all the details. There is a lot going on visually with the angles, curves, finishing, etc.. Still, it is not for everyone. I like it and that is all that matters.

smittycl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
x-Post from the other watch thread. Picked up the Muhle-Glashutte ProMare Go yesterday. Nice diver.

1619017770221.png

Dino944

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It looks better in person when you can see all the details. There is a lot going on visually with the angles, curves, finishing, etc.. Still, it is not for everyone. I like it and that is all that matters.
Definitely a world of difference seeing it in person. Monday was a local holiday so I went into town and visited the AP boutique. No ROs, they had 3 Offshores, and a few Code models. I really didn't think anything of them in photos. However, in person they really are far more impressive. The details are much more interesting when you see them up close. The time only models didn't do much for me, but the chronographs were really handsome and the case details are very interesting. I didn't like the green rubber strap below. Other than that the watches were really handsome.

https%3A//i.imgur.com/FG3HN18l.jpg[/img]']https%3A//i.imgur.com/XECxfqel.jpg[/img]']

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Threads of Apollo Leather Jackets: Which 2-tone colourway do you like the best?

• Blue

• Red

• Gold

• All of the Above

• None of the Above

Results are only viewable after voting.