• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Further afield, Manfredi in Greenwich is an awesome AD for independents: Journe, De Bethune, Laurent Ferrier, Speak-Marin, Voutilainen, Ressence, etc. Plus they are an AD for Rolex, the biggest independent of them all!

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
So he can see lots of empty display cases!
You have to think of the possibilities! You can rack up serious spend on cool independents to get a Daytona. Not really possible almost anywhere else.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Are there any other top makers of bespoke watch straps other than Camille Fournet, Jean Rousseau, and ABP Paris?

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You have to think of the possibilities! You can rack up serious spend on cool independents to get a Daytona. Not really possible almost anywhere else.
Well you can rule out FPJ and KV from the list of possible purchases to get a Daytona.

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Why? Journes are perfectly gettable. You may just have to wait.
I heard that their full production have basically been sold out for the next 2 years and they're closing AD's so they can move to boutique only.

Of course I have no first hand knowledge. This is only what I've read on rolexforums.

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of GS, but it's hard to overlook how perfectly sculpted those hands and hour markers are. Very well done. Aesthetically, these put the Code 11:59 to fucking shame.
I like some GS watches, but regardless of brand I find Dauphine hands the most insipid style of all. I do not think I have ever seen a single Dauphine watch that I love, let alone would buy for myself.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like some GS watches, but regardless of brand I find Dauphine hands the most insipid style of all. I do not think I have ever seen a single Dauphine watch that I love, let alone would buy for myself.
Really? I don't have a watch with Dauphine hands, but I quite like them. Certain stick hand watches do seem rather insipid to me, though. If going by the hand design, I feel like the first of the following three more accurately could be described as 'lacking vigour or interest' (the insipid definition). Do you prefer that first watch over the following two?

1619038891336.png

1619038904282.png

1619038919827.png

am55

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really? I don't have a watch with Dauphine hands, but I quite like them. Certain stick hand watches do seem rather insipid to me, though. If going by the hand design, I feel like the first of the following three more accurately could be described as 'lacking vigour or interest' (the insipid definition). Do you prefer that first watch over the following two?

I do. I think Piaget is one of the most underrated modern brands and in part because their design refuses to fully merge with the more international look showcased by the other two. Plus in the age of quartz and oversize, thinness is not longer as valued.

In my experience stick hands are hard to do well because they need to be very parallel to the dial, there's no room for error and it is easy to give a false impression through bad choice of crystal shape, dial markings etc. Grab a Citizen Stiletto and compare it to that Piaget in the hand.

Kaplan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can definitely see how some might prefer that Piaget, as I tried to find an actual good version of a stick hands watch (it didn't seem fair to offer up a Skagen or the like).

ronscuba

Reaction score
Are there any other top makers of bespoke watch straps other than Camille Fournet, Jean Rousseau, and ABP Paris?
Are you looking for something non-standard not already made? I am leery about paying big $ for custom straps. OEM have their prices because they are OEM with the OEM buckle/clasp. Not sure where the $ is going for some of these high cost non OEM straps.

Last edited:

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Favorite Shorts Length

• Above the knee

• Knee length

• Below the knee

• None of the above

• Mid-thigh ("short shorts")