• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
curious, do you ever reach for the panda Daytona these days? If so, what is the rationale to pick that up rather than your preferred steel bezel one?
I literally never wear it. It sits on the winder all day. Truthfully, I've always lusted after the all-white 116520 Daytona. The other one is nice, but I just don't like it as much. Makes for cool pictures, though.

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
Y'all need to cool it with all this two-watch collection talk :colgate:

More enabling, please.

9thsymph

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
(Out of what I have)

One watch:
Datejust 36

Two-watch collection:
14060 Submariner
1969 Omega DeVille (gold)

Three watches:
Add the two lists above

4 watches:
Add speedy pro to above

The two watch collection I’d like:
GMT 16710
DD 36 rose gold

On another note: Nomos is awesome. If it made sense for me to own one, I would.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the Nomos design aesthetic in general, although I think they look much better in photographs than they do in person.

Neville Southall

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah... dinner time.
D4FEBB46-2742-425C-8046-B2D6E63EE49B.jpeg

officine

Reaction score
Absolutely 99.9% of the time, yes, occluded dials = deal-killer. I find they have a bad super-graphics feel, even at such small scale, most of the time.

The Lange 1815 (which I think is generally gorgeous) looks innocuous at a glance, but then seeing it on the wrist the chopped 6 ultimately is irritating and insulting more than anything. I always want the seconds hand to just kick the 6 entirely off the dial.

Chopped 2-4-8-10s are even more awkward on 2+ sub-dial watches. The 2 Breitlings are bad, and the PP is a complete disaster imo. By comparison I think that the G-P posted above your post is much more coherent and elegant, regarding the numbers/dials only (other aspects of the design bother me).

Removing color, finish, texture, etc., entirely, I know which dials I would choose, and which I would lose.

View attachment 1593846
Interesting. I never even knew occlusion and/or omission was a thing. Never bothered me. I do love reading about what makes people tick though, so your post was great.

My occlusion and omission afflicted dress watches....I love them!

A75330B4-D272-47A4-91C6-D3631053EA75.jpeg

I'd say this is "ok but not ideal". I feel like I prefer cut off numbers over the shrunken numbers from FPJ for example.

I'll admit though that the 1815 u/d is one of my favorite watches, and I wouldn't hesitate for a minute even though there are both cut off and omitted numbers.
The 1815 u/d Walter Lange LE with the hinged case back is simply gorgeous imo
53BD8364-CC72-4BB6-8EC7-C8B06BBD5F23.jpeg

Last edited:

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Interesting. I never even knew occlusion and/or omission was a thing. Never bothered me. I do love reading about what makes people tick though, so your post was great.

My occlusion and omission afflicted dress watches....I love them!

View attachment 1593901
The 1815 u/d Walter Lange LE with the hinged case back is simply gorgeous imo
To be specific I don't like cut-off numbers at all, but do not mind, in most cases, fully omitted numbers. That Lange is super.

The Omega is beautiful too, I used to have a similar one, but the cut 5 and 7 "bother" me a bit. The leaf hands are so elegant though I could almost overlook the cut numbers.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads