• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

It bugs me too seeing them without protection. Even something as basic as a pair of gloves.
Remember this guy from 28 Days Later? This is how you dress to fight Zombies. Have we learned nothing?

The zombie in 28 days later were a ton more aggressive. The ones in this show are not so bad as long as you're armed, not outnumbered and not ambushed. I would imagine armor would be more likely to slow you down.

The problem with Michonne is all her scowling. You can exude kick assness without all the silent scowling.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem with Michonne is 2 fold:

All her Mr T scowling gets very very annoying, very fast.

Secondly, her complete inability to talk and explain anything to Andrea about her misgivings about Woodbury.

It wouldn’t be hard to have her say “I think the Governor is a bad man and just wants us here as we are women he can ******** with. He’s doing lots of bad things and lying about it to the civilians here – there were tons of bullet holes in the army vehicles – I think he shot all the army guys so he could have their weapons and supplies. Today I saw him with a 6 year old girl in his room – putting her into a strait jacket and putting a hood over her head as he struggled with her. Is he molesting children too from his position of power? Lots of bad **** is happening below the surface here, you know how men in power can abuse it and the women and children around them”

worakl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wait, Michonne saw the daughter? That completely flew over my head.

embowafa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wait, Michonne saw the daughter? That completely flew over my head.

She saw the name and just repeated it given it's obvious significance in the notebook. I don't think she knew it was his chained up zombie daughter.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Question, the notebook that should found...what is the significance of all the dash marks after his daughters name? All the people that were infected afterwards?

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Question, the notebook that should found...what is the significance of all the dash marks after his daughters name? All the people that were infected afterwards?

No, pretty sure that's a sign he lost his mind. Think John Doe from Se7en.

TheDarkKnight

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

To be honest, and I may have been a spazz here - but I thought it was just him shading in the lines, in a "meat, bone, blood" American Psycho/ The Shining type madness.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
^ that's how I took it.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
in the novel, it's his failure to protect Penny (his niece, actually) that triggers his breakdown, at which point he assumes the identity of his dead brother, Philip.

whnay.

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Interesting, so he's keeping the girl alive to find a cure? And using the people of the town as rats?

bamahabir

Reaction score

The problem with Michonne is 2 fold:
All her Mr T scowling gets very very annoying, very fast.
Secondly, her complete inability to talk and explain anything to Andrea about her misgivings about Woodbury.
It wouldn’t be hard to have her say “I think the Governor is a bad man and just wants us here as we are women he can ******** with. He’s doing lots of bad things and lying about it to the civilians here – there were tons of bullet holes in the army vehicles – I think he shot all the army guys so he could have their weapons and supplies. Today I saw him with a 6 year old girl in his room – putting her into a strait jacket and putting a hood over her head as he struggled with her. Is he molesting children too from his position of power? Lots of bad **** is happening below the surface here, you know how men in power can abuse it and the women and children around them”

Don't really care about the scowling. Just figured shes not gonna pretend to be something shes not.

Either way I agree with the rest. She acts way too mysterious.

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They really are makind up for last season´s "peacefulness". Rick´s gone crazy, andrea is back to being a dumb blonde chick... But I do agree that it´d be pretty easy for michonne to just spit out all the weirdness going around in that place instead of just saying "let´s go!".

VaderDave

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It bugs me too seeing them without protection. Even something as basic as a pair of gloves.
Remember this guy from 28 Days Later? This is how you dress to fight Zombies. Have we learned nothing?

Has anyone read Zone One by Colson Whitehead? The humans in that book are tasked with clearing zombies out of NYC. They wear kevlar mesh armor and full-face masks and helmets. That made the most sense to me. If I could find something like that I'd wear it 24/7.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Has anyone read Zone One by Colson Whitehead? The humans in that book are tasked with clearing zombies out of NYC. They wear kevlar mesh armor and full-face masks and helmets. That made the most sense to me. If I could find something like that I'd wear it 24/7.

I have and yes, I agree. Also see Monster Island.

darnelled

Reaction score

Very cool book. Didn't they have the riot gear earlier??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads