Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

I mean, at least a helmet, gloves, maybe a motorcycle jacket, heavy boots for when it was zombie stomping time. It's not like you couldn't find all that shit in one stop at a motorcycle shop or sporting goods store.

2. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

something that bugged me was how easily macchone was able to slice and dice the zombies with her sword, then she shuves it into the governors neck and it doesn't leave a drop of blood.

3. TheDarkKnight

TheDarkKnight Senior member

It seems pretty straight forward I think -it's an incredibly strong instinct to save your children - as strong as eating and drinking. I therefore think what Laurie did was realistic.

Locking up your zombie daughter - is like Michonne and her ex as a donkey zombie - utterly sadistic. Unless you utterly hated her, it makes no sense - having her slowly rot in a living hell in front of you :S

Yeah Season 3 is brilliant so far, it rocks.

+ 100. That still really bugs me - especially when you get scenes where Maggie is inspected by her boyfriend "in case you have scratches"!! Well if you actually covered up instead of wearing a blood stained boob tube - you'd be ok. They then start kissing each other while covered in blood splatter.

My GF is completely new to the series and we started by watching season 3 (I didn't want to put her through season 2). One of the first things she said was "I take it then that they're not at all bothered about getting zombie blood in their mouths and eyes - because the blood splatter from hitting that zombie with a machete would be huge"

^ As others have said, it would not take much at all to find some body armour - a bikers suit is made of toughened leather - has reinforced back, elbow and knee parts, and can resist tearing your skin up if you come off a bike at 90 km/hour. It'd stop any zombie scratch or bite.

If you then wore a helmet - again readily available at biker stores, you'd be very well protected.

4. lefty

lefty Senior member

Better season, yes, but how the hell do these zombies keep sneaking up on them?

lefty

5. TheDarkKnight

That does puzzle me a little too, I hear you on how could a whole prison yard of zombies sneak up on them all, even if Andrew tried his best to make it that way. I don't find the zombies scary or threatening anyway, just the various psychos they keep meeting.

6. TiberiasUSA

TiberiasUSA Senior member

I'm suprised that the zombies don't bite their fingers. When locking the gates and stuff, they leave their fingers dangling in between the chain links

7. worakl

worakl Senior member

I see Darryl took cues from the Schneider-thread.

8. TheDarkKnight

So what did you guys think of Ep 5?

Is it just me who has grown to hate Michonne and her angry judging grimace?

I almost laughed when the Governor having tied up his daughter, looked down to see her frowning like some sort of crazy. Of all the people to see him and think he was a paedophile, it had to be her.

I half expect a scene where a guy from Woodbury is masturbating in his room at night, and looks up to see the furious white of Michonne’s angry eyes peering from his closet :D

Also

Is Michonne related to Mr T?

Last edited: Nov 12, 2012

9. lefty

lefty Senior member

It bugged the shit out of me. These guys have calmly and systematically wiped out entire shambles of zombies, but this latest group panicked the hell out of them sending them fleeing in different directions? Find high ground - zombies can't climb stairs.

lefty

10. hoozah

hoozah Senior member

they got to comfortable and let their guard down.

11. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

Damn good episode. I like the parallel craziness of the Governor and Rick.

+infinity on the stupidity of not wearing zombie armor, especially when they had some in S1E3. Why haven't they cleaned up the riot gear they found in the prison for crying out loud?

12. TheDarkKnight

There was some mention of this in S3 Ep2 I think it was - Darryl picked up some zombie slime covered riot gear and said - "Hell no I'm not wearing that. We've come this far without it haven't we?"

I see Milton, the sinister scientist, has made what looks like Teflon coated clothing - remember the zombie biting his arm this episode and it not being pierced?

13. Harold falcon

Harold falcon Senior member

It bugs me too seeing them without protection. Even something as basic as a pair of gloves.

Remember this guy from 28 Days Later? This is how you dress to fight Zombies. Have we learned nothing?

[​IMG]

14. TheDarkKnight

28 Days Later was extremely well done. The lack of protection and the cast routinely soaked and splattered in zombie blood does greatly lessen their threat.

Does anyone work in Disease control or similar? I'd be interested in knowing the science behind the zombies' bite being lethal within days, yet getting their blood in your eyes, nose or mouth is not a problem.

15. bamahabir

bamahabir Active Member

Don't really get the Michonne hate, if anyone is going to survive its her. She knows well enough that no one is to be trusted, and that living in that refuge gives you a false sense of security, and hope.

Either way season 3 has been phenomenal so far, and the scenes with Rick have been intense.

Teflon coated clothing? LOL looked like duct tape to me...

Last edited: Nov 13, 2012