• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Weird episode. Seemed like a lot of effort put into that subplot just to dispatch them in a brief moment.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Lol, haters gonna hate.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

Who shut the rail car door when the whole group got inside?

Ha, that distracted me, too, even though it's completely inconsequential.

I agree completely that not having Daryl call out "Claimed!" was a wasted opportunity. Or, as Anton Chekhov would have it, "Remove everything that has no relevance to the story. If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there."

I agree about the wasted opportunity. And props to atlas for organically working a Checkhov quote into a Walking Dead discussion.
They realized, but they were horrified. He bit the guys neck open. I think that's a pretty reasonable reaction.

I disagree. If that went down between two guys in the parking lot of my local Whole Foods yesterday, absolutely. But in the context of the show, where they've lived with (and perpetrated) horrific violence for a year or two, and are in an armed stand-off/ambush/fight that already involves one guy preparing to **** a kid and a couple of other guys deliberately attempting to beat a guy to death to teach him a lesson (as they have pedagogically beaten people to death in the past)? Not so much.

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This show too intense for me. I almost stopped watching half way through the first scene.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Wow, that was definitely the best season premiere since maybe the pilot. And LOL @ AMC for pulling a Marvel at the very end of the episode. Must admit, it worked as I was nerd-gasming

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
He was Rick's first contact with humanity after the fall. And he kind of instilled a lot of Rick-isms into the sheriff before they parted ways in the pilot episode. I don't know, man. It was just cool to see him and he doesn't seem as crazy since their last enocounter (could just be me though)

MrG

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I really like that actor (he was great on Jericho), and it's great he's coming back, but this is why I hate TV previews. I'm watching the show. The whole point is that I'm going to discover the plot as it goes along. Why in the world did AMC have to self spoiler?

The worst part is that, since i don't watch previews, I could have gone on blissfully unaware were it not for the fact that everyone is talking about it today.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I feel you, G. I turn it off when the previews come on and it wasn't until Jamie messaged me this morning asking who the black guy at the end was. Had to download it to see what she was talking about. Glad I did. It was a neat scene.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I really like that actor (he was great on Jericho), and it's great he's coming back, but this is why I hate TV previews. I'm watching the show. The whole point is that I'm going to discover the plot as it goes along. Why in the world did AMC have to self spoiler?

The worst part is that, since i don't watch previews, I could have gone on blissfully unaware were it not for the fact that everyone is talking about it today.

Totally agree. That is such a great show.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Interesting little tidbit from last night's episode for those not in the know:

The episode flashed back and forth in time to reveal that Gareth (Andrew J. West), his mother and brother, among others, originally oversaw Terminus as a "Sanctuary for All," where "those who arrive, survive." However, all that changed when the camp was invaded by another group that turned Terminus — and Gareth's people — into the brutal cannibals Sunday's premiere revealed them to be.

So who was the guy in the train car at the end of the episode seen tormenting Gareth's family? It was the same crazy guy that Rick (Andrew Lincoln) and Glenn (Steven Yeun) freed from a rail car that said, "We're the same, we're the same!"

The part of the "large man," as showrunner Scott M. Gimple called him, was played by Owen Harn, and was indeed the same man who was later devoured by walkers after his group invaded Terminus and was captured and held captive by Gareth's group. (Sorry, diehard comics fans, it's not Negan.)

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Somewhat spoilery for the obtuse.

So the entire season last year is devoted to driving the group and viewers to Terminus with promise of sanctuary for them and death or splitting the group permanently for us (could you imagine if Carol decided to stay?), but it's all resolved in about 15 minutes with some bullshit gunfire and the most ridiculous action interruptous I've ever seen - okay let's bash this guy's head in ... wait ... was that a sound? Better hold off on the slaughter and just turn on our backs on the guys we're about to butcher. What? No chance these guys can get out of their bonds.

Oh, and surprise! Soylent Green is people and the termites are psychotic nutcases that used to be like you and me. We know this not because of decent writing through action but because Tasha Yar monologues for about a minute.

Holy ****.

lefty

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads