1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. suited

suited Senior member

Considering they've wasted 45 minutes so far, I'm guessing we don't find out who dies.

2. dcg

dcg Senior member

Seriously, what's the point of making this a 90 minute episode if they're just going to add in 30+ minutes of filler?

3. dcg

dcg Senior member

How did Morgan just show up, on horseback, on a paved road, without making a sound?? :fu:

1 person likes this.
  4. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Ghost horse from lacrosse knights.

5. dcg

dcg Senior member

I'd imagine someone's going to explain this reference to me and I'll feel dumb for not getting it :embar:

6. dcg

dcg Senior member

Ok, I've given the show a pass on most of the stuff that people call them out on, but 90 minutes of bullshit to leave us with that cliffhanger? Fuck that.

7. lefty

lefty Senior member

Now do you guys hate this fucking show?

lefty

8. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I´m too invested by now. I still like it a lot. This was fucking bullshit, but Negan´s season could be awesome so I´ll keep watching.... Still can´t believe we have to wait 6 months to know. Glenn and Daryl would make the most impact but by now they´d be too obvious. Michonne would really impact on Rick, but are you really gonna kill a 3rd love interest for him? The only one who might have some sort of impact (besides glenn and daryl) is Abraham. No one would care if Rosita, Eugene or Aaron, and Carl isn´t going anywhere. But wait, it´d be pretty bold if Maggie was the one to meet Lucille, but would they kill a pregnant character?

9. dcg

dcg Senior member

Gimple sitting on Talking Dead looking like a hemorrhoid with a beard trying to justify the cliffhanger and failing miserably

1 person likes this.
  10. El Argentino

El Argentino Senior member

Abraham got all the screen time for character development; making ends with Eugine and telling Sacha he's ready for kids.

What a waste of an entire season. Literally nothing happened. Almost approaching farmhouse level.

11. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

are. you.fucking kIDDING MEEEE!!!!

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

fuck this shit holy hell

1 person likes this.
  13. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Just spent a minute looking through the amc website, trying to find a feedback form so i could tell them to go fuck themselves.

They must have pre-emptively disabled it.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

This - I call chicken shit. They couldn't commit to killing a major character, or at very least, which character to kill, so they come up with this bullshit so that they can figure out which character's death would have a big impact, without alienating their audience too much.

If it's an Alexandrian or an auxiliary character like Eugene, rather than one of: Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, or Daryl (since it is not going to be Rick or Carl), then I call incredible horseshit. I am torn between Glenn and Daryl. I feel that Glenn's character should be dead already, but Daryl would have more of an impact, since he is one of the most badass characters, and his death would leave much more dread in people's minds, if even the most beloved and badass characters are killable.

15. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

It's gotta be Daryl or Glenn to have maximum effect. Knowing the show, though, they'll probably settle for Abraham or Eugene.

Maybe even Rosita or Aaron to troll us further.

Wouldn't mind seeing Sasha go.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  16. dcg

dcg Senior member

Negan was aiming for Glenn, but the reanimated zombie corpse of Nicholas somehow shuffled past all of the Saviors unnoticed, and was just about to take a bite out of Glenn's ear when Lucille came down.

1 person likes this.
  17. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

That was bullshit. Plain and simple.

Pros:

- John Winchester aka The Comedian aka Alicia Florrick's new investigator as "Negan" was great.

- Uhmm....Morgan?

Cons:

- Everything else

Honestly, it was nothing but a marketing gimmick. They predict ratings will go sky high knowing people will tune in to see who got beat by Lucille. Given that this show is on basic cable, I actually thought it was kinda cool with the first-person perspective. Hearing Negan say "taking it like a champ!!" was neat. But I expected them to cut to a wide-shot to see who was actually getting beaten. But nope. What a crock shit. Who would have thought I'd be praising Morgan as a positive? smh

18. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Wrong: a dumpster wheeled itself in out of nowhere and took all the blows as Glenn slid under it with the rest of the gang.

2 people like this.
  19. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

And now I'm reading the usual "Fuck you AMC!! I'm out!" and "Never turning into this show again!!" online when we all know you'll be back in six months to see who got killed.

But yeah, look up "cop-out" in the dictionary and you'll find this scene right beside it.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
  20. lefty

lefty Senior member

Twitter.

An entire season as preamble for 15 minutes of one of the dopiest bad guys in comicdom.

He's so bad.
    How bad?
    His baseball bat has barbed wire wrapped around it!
    Whoa.

It's possible that a number of actors are vying to get off this POS and AMC is waiting for the best offer.

lefty