• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

retronotmetro

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It would have been a lot more powerful, provided for a better showdown and been relevant to his storyline had Daryl "claimed" Rick, Michonne and Karl instead of the idiotic way it went down.

lefty

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My thoughts on the finale

I can´t see the beginning as a plus. Yes, it was pretty cool how they dispatched of joe´s group, but it was also a bit moronic. 5 guys with guns get outsmarted just like that. Rick bites joe´s neck and no one realizes; michonne gets the drop on that fool and turns the gun on him just like that?? How stupid are these guys that none of them starts shooting. Cool scene, really cool, but a bit dumb how it all went down.
The ending, on the other hand, was pretty well done. I kinda expected something like that but I was also a bit surprised by what actually happened. And very scary that beth ain´t there. I know she could be on the other cars but she could as well be on the grill. Yikes.

Now it´s up to Judith "little kickass" Grimes to solve this shitstorm. Rick was right, they messed with the wrong people.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
As soon as Joe went down from the Rick bite, you could argue it was 3 on 3 considering one of the Hunters had their pants down :lol:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The ending where the bad guys say, "okay, we have you covered. So now we'd like you all to walk a hundred feet away from us until we no longer have a clear line of sight on you and kindly climb into the rail car."

That ending?

Does anyone else want to drop kick Gimple in his smug mouth?

lefty

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I assume there are snipers we didn´t see poiting at them. Or maybe not and that was a just another TWD **** up.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
There was a reverse on Rick that showed no one in the background. It was an awkward shot.

lefty

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Weird finale. The fight with the gang was kind of anti climatic. There wasn't much of foreshadowing that the gang were on Rick's trail. How did Rick head butt the leader when rick was sitting and the leader was standing? Why didn't the pedophile kill the kid or injure him when rick kept advancing? Who shut the rail car door when the whole group got inside? Why did so many gun shots miss rick and co when the snipers had a clear line of sight?

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Why did so many gun shots miss rick and co when the snipers had a clear line of sight?

They were herding them to the train car. Michonne and Rick realize this when they notice them shooting near their feet.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Quote:
So annoying that they used up multiple clips of ammunition 'herding' them. The trouble with having infinite bullets is that you need infinite storage to keep it all dry.

Exactly what was added by all of the flashing back? It mostly sapped any suspense they'd managed to build.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The pederast was another WTF moment.

I get that the rules of society are somewhat lax of late, but are we to believe that this gang of good 'ol boys would tolerate this guy in their group. And could they have come up with a more cliched character: fat, ugly, drooling and leering; and disregarding the life and death action about to go down so he can fondle the little kid.

The Daryl sacrifice and fight was idiotic.

Episode by episode, Lincoln is becoming a shittier actor and the show is rapidly turning into a parody of itself.

lefty

Last edited:

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
The pederast was another WTF moment.

I get that the rules of society are somewhat lax of late, but are we to believe that this gang of good 'ol boys would tolerate this guy in their group. And could they have come up with a more cliched character: fat, ugly, drooling and leering; and disregarding the life-and-death action about to go down so he can fondle the little kid.

The Daryl sacrifice and fight was idiotic.

lefty

I guess he was completely honest about his predilections, so they accepted him without question.

I agree completely that not having Daryl call out "Claimed!" was a wasted opportunity. Or, as Anton Chekhov would have it, "Remove everything that has no relevance to the story. If you say in the first chapter that there is a rifle hanging on the wall, in the second or third chapter it absolutely must go off. If it's not going to be fired, it shouldn't be hanging there."

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My thoughts on the finale
I can´t see the beginning as a plus. Yes, it was pretty cool how they dispatched of joe´s group, but it was also a bit moronic. 5 guys with guns get outsmarted just like that. Rick bites joe´s neck and no one realizes; michonne gets the drop on that fool and turns the gun on him just like that?? How stupid are these guys that none of them starts shooting. Cool scene, really cool, but a bit dumb how it all went down.
The ending, on the other hand, was pretty well done. I kinda expected something like that but I was also a bit surprised by what actually happened. And very scary that beth ain´t there. I know she could be on the other cars but she could as well be on the grill. Yikes.
Now it´s up to Judith "little kickass" Grimes to solve this shitstorm. Rick was right, they messed with the wrong people.
They realized, but they were horrified. He bit the guys neck open. I think that's a pretty reasonable reaction. Then Michonne and Daryl kick into action with those guys distracted.
Weird finale. The fight with the gang was kind of anti climatic. There wasn't much of foreshadowing that the gang were on Rick's trail. How did Rick head butt the leader when rick was sitting and the leader was standing? Why didn't the pedophile kill the kid or injure him when rick kept advancing? Who shut the rail car door when the whole group got inside? Why did so many gun shots miss rick and co when the snipers had a clear line of sight?
Actually, didn't Joe specifically mention the house incident to Daryl? Weren't they tracking them the entire time?
The pederast was another WTF moment. I get that the rules of society are somewhat lax of late, but are we to believe that this gang of good 'ol boys would tolerate this guy in their group. And could they have come up with a more cliched character: fat, ugly, drooling and leering; and disregarding the life and death action about to go down so he can fondle the little kid. The Daryl sacrifice and fight was idiotic. Episode by episode, Lincoln is becoming a shittier actor and the show is rapidly turning into a parody of itself. lefty
Well, remember that guy they killed for lying? Didn't he say something about Daryl possibly being upset over some young girl? Like, I thought it was implied he was into young women too. And Joe said something like "we're going to do the woman, then your boy". So, none of these guys are saints.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
These guys are only a few years away from their real world and those prejudices run deeply.

Had the entire group been pedophiles and this was a foreshadowing of terminus and the new world that the castaways were about to face, then you might have had something.

Daryl walking into the light and laying claim to the group would have made it a showdown between he and Joe, and a better payoff for their relationship, and justified the whole claim thing. It also would have distracted the group and allowed Rick and Michonne to counter, instead of whatever ninja move Rick pulled out of his ass.

lefty

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Joe´s ultimate demise was also a bit disappointing. They had created this somewhat intriguing character who had "bonded" with Daryl and had a huge desire to find and kill rick, but that all went to hell in just the first few minutes of the episode. Wasted opportunity to do something better.
I also agree with those who say the flashbacks didn´t add much. I didn´t need to know rick had gone from farmer to cold blooded killer. Everyone knew what happened at the prison and how he had mellowed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads