• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score
Well, I gathered that this was backfill -- that it in story chronology it predates the previous episode where we see him by the prison gate (and presumably are to understand that he's the one who was baiting zombies to the fence and possibly also poisoning the water supply). If that's the case, it seems like he's still pretty much a vindictive dick with a Grinch-sized heart. Even when he was running Woodbury, he was presented as having physical courage and a capacity for loyalty or service to others, even if his capacity to feel true emotional warmth to anyone other than his little zombie daughter was questionable.

jasonmx3

Reaction score
Best of the season. Not too cringe-worthy, actual character development, and -gasp- something actually happened.

I agree. It might be time for the old group to all start dying -- the only time the show got better was when none of them were in it.
uhoh.gif

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well, I gathered that this was backfill -- that it in story chronology it predates the previous episode where we see him by the prison gate (and presumably are to understand that he's the one who was baiting zombies to the fence and possibly also poisoning the water supply). If that's the case, it seems like he's still pretty much a psychopath Even when he was running Woodbury, he was presented as having physical courage and a capacity for loyalty or service to others, even if his capacity to feel true emotional warmth to anyone other than his little zombie daughter was questionable.

Fixed. Wasn't it established late last season that he finally snapped? Yeah he was no saint before then but he'd lost his marbles. If the episode was backfill as you suggest, maybe something goes astray (I missed whatever happened after his old comrade found him in the hole) that leads him to go apeshit again.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

If the episode was backfill as you suggest, maybe something goes astray (I missed whatever happened after his old comrade found him in the hole) that leads him to go apeshit again.

Either the little girl dies or the two women get raped. Either way, as good as this episode was, it will ultimately be pointless if they turn him into a psychopath again 2-3 episodes down the road.

lawyerdad

Reaction score

Fixed. Wasn't it established late last season that he finally snapped? Yeah he was no saint before then but he'd lost his marbles. If the episode was backfill as you suggest, maybe something goes astray (I missed whatever happened after his old comrade found him in the hole) that leads him to go apeshit again.

You could be right. The timing's not entirely clear (at least to me). I was going in part off the fact that he's clean-shaven when seen by the prison and then has a long beard at the start of the last episode (before shaving it off at the end). So if the last episode depicts events after we see him outside the prison there has been a big chunk of time skipped over during which he goes away, wanders around like a hobo, and grows a beard, all without explanation.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Either the little girl dies or the two women get raped. Either way, as good as this episode was, it will ultimately be pointless if they turn him into a psychopath again 2-3 episodes down the road.

Um, you aren't already expexting that? The backfill was interesting but knowing what I know about the Gov, I can't gain any sympathy for him. I'm definitely interested in seeing what mayhem he cooks up.

lawyerdad

Reaction score

Um, you aren't already expexting that? The backfill was interesting but knowing what I know about the Gov, I can't gain any sympathy for him. I'm definitely interested in seeing what mayhem he cooks up.

I bet he invites Rick and his followers to an elaborate wedding, only to ambush and murder them during the feast.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think most people are pretty much expecting that which is why this past episode was useless for anyone other than Governor fans. The show could have picked up right after we see him surveying the prison without this filler ep.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Even when he was running Woodbury, he was presented as having physical courage and a capacity for loyalty or service to others, even if his capacity to feel true emotional warmth to anyone other than his little zombie daughter was questionable.

Let he who is able to stay on an even emotional keel while caring for a young zombie daughter cast the first stone.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
If this finale sucks, I guess that means I'll still be seeing you guys next February.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads