• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

I think that is what we are supposed to assume LD. But they never did establish how they knew it was a "real' killing. Maybe the blood trail or the fact that it was done on the sly. More sloppy writing.

Agreed. I was thinking about that while I wrote my previous comment. It seems like the burning would make it especially hard to figure out if they'd been "killed alive" or put down after turning.

I thought about the blood trails, but I'm not sure that would really do it. Recently-turned zombies seem to have a splatter factor comparable to fresh dead bodies.

Last edited:

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not going to lie. When Carol turned over the water tanks, I expected her to find something sketch to show that someone was deliberately trying to poison the group. While we're on the topic of sloppy writing, as ridiculous as it sounds, I hope the Governor is responsible for luring those thousands of zombies to the prison. I don't think I can handle another unexplained horde for "dramatic" purposes.

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I think that is what we are supposed to assume LD. But they never did establish how they knew it was a "real' killing. Maybe the blood trail or the fact that it was done on the sly. More sloppy writing.

Maybe Carol coached up the girl and set her loose in quarantine. The tears are b/c she realizes she just sent a kid in to kill a **** load of people.

Does this show have the balls to do that?

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty obvious that the two were murdered, dragged outside and burned because of the disease.

I highly doubt that there is a conspiracy to kill everyone in quarantine when:

a). Daryl and company are out to find medicine that will likely cure their illness. Also Hershel is making temporary progress in this regard.

b). Carol was teaching the kids how to use weapons for their benefit (i.e. self defense), not for ruthless and highly questionable murder. (Although we have seen that on the show, e.g. with Carl)

and

c). That girl didn't have what it took to kill her turning father. Yes that is a particularly difficult situation, but an cold blooded murdering spree would be even more difficult to carry out.

lawyerdad

Lying Dog-faced Pony Soldier
Reaction score

I thought it was pretty obvious that the two were murdered, dragged outside and burned because of the disease.

I agree, and not to speak for NorCal, but I think he does as well. But I think his point -- which I agree with -- was that while it's obvious to us as viewers because all of the characters are acting as though it's an established fact, there haven't actually been facts presented warranting the characters' certainty.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not for nothing, but I would think they would put some of the abandoned military equipment to use by now. Because, we all know it's best to avoid using a battle tank when you can chose a sportscar. If the tank wouldnt work out, I think I would be on the search for some earth-moving equipment.

A Cat D10 is likely to run over a few more zombies than whatever that car was.

I think I would actually enjoy a few episodes of them completely owning the situation, if not for any reason other than it would help to me to stop finding this show more annoying than entertaining.

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
This is a group that spent a month in a prison and one day was surprised when four people showed up inside.

"Hey, how did you get in here?"
"The rear of the building is missing."
"Oh wow."

lefty

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not for nothing, but I would think they would put some of the abandoned military equipment to use by now. Because, we all know it's best to avoid using a battle tank when you can chose a sportscar. If the tank wouldnt work out, I think I would be on the search for some earth-moving equipment.

A Cat D10 is likely to run over a few more zombies than whatever that car was.

I think I would actually enjoy a few episodes of them completely owning the situation, if not for any reason other than it would help to me to stop finding this show more annoying than entertaining.

Yes, because they have a limited supply of gas and d10s + tanks get great gas mileage.

SkinnyGoomba

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
:embar: I'm sure they still have some supply of diesel fuel at the army depots that were overrun. Kinda brings me back to ep. 1 where Rick is in the battle tank, which still seemed fully functional. Why not fire it up?

Those troop deployment vehicles looked like they would work pretty well also.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Not sure about the APCs but the M1 Abrams runs on gas, not diesel.

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
M1 Abrams is usually fueled with jet fuel IIRC. I know it is capable of running on all sorts of fuels though, and I cannot imagine that diesel is not one of them.

The jet fuel thing is mostly a logistical issue--I believe just about everything capable of running on it does so to minimize the types of fuel that have to be transported.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Perhaps I was mistaken.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am sick of this show. It's a bunch of idiots sitting in a prison with relationship problems.

So it's a documentary (rockumentary)?

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JulioCesarSalad