1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Yeah, but the doctor was listening to classic blues, so it was artsy.

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

Man, no one liked it?

Everything's coming up lefty!

lefty

3. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Everyone's gotten all rape-y after season 3 ended, but they do not learn!

4. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Firehose scene was solid (even though it was a bit goofy that knocking them down with the firehouse was consistently enough to kill them.)

1 person likes this.
  5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Some of them did not die but severely damaged hindering them unable to get back up. I think their bodily tissue at this time is soft enough for a strong hose to break up the matter.

Other than that a bit of a snooze.

6. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

So, is Eugne dead? His face made an audible splat sound when he face planted.

7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Yeah, I get that. But given that we've been shown over and over again that they can absorb all sorts of punishment and keep coming until the brain is killed, it was a bit of an overly clean sweep. Not a single mangled walker with a hole blown in its chest still dragging itself dangerously toward someone with its remaining arm? And not a single one that got knocked down but not totally incapacitated by the water popping back up as they're standing around congratulating themselves?
    A fun scene, though, nonetheless.

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I don't think so. I can tell you from personal experience that a broken nose makes a nasty audible splat like that, but is survivable.

9. lefty

lefty Senior member

^ LD goes up a notch in my book.

Bit of a filler episode. Again. With a reveal that Helen Keller saw coming.

Such a stupid bus crash. I drive everyday with and against drivers with their own minds, and I've yet to careen into a car let alone one abandoned in the middle of an desolate road.

When people ask you to define shitty lazy writing, that bus scene is a good example.

lefty

10. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

The bus crashed because Eugene filled the gas tank with shards of glass and the engine presumably exploded violently.

11. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

I was only half listening, but apparently the shards cut up the fuel line near the spark plugs or some such.

12. lefty

lefty Senior member

Right - forgot about that. Apologies to writers ... wait, why not just dump some water in? Why glass? Does the bus not have a Fram gas line filter:
    Quote: Does a perforated fuel line causes steering loss? An exploding engine? Why not have him lose control a few moments prior and then careen out of control until he hits the wreck?

Help me out with the fire truck which I believe needs to be running in order for the water pump to work.

So many questions, so few episodes left.

lefty

2 people like this.
  13. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Just in case it's helpful, I'll note that my firehose works like a charm in pretty much any circumstance.

14. lefty

lefty Senior member

The magic of modern medicine?

lefty

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Senior member

We are supposed to agree with someone that doesn't pay enough attention to the show he is criticizing. Bravo.

16. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Nah, I've just always stayed away from artificial sweeteners.

17. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Glass in the gas tank is pretty unlikely to cause the vehicle to flip.

Fuel line is not so easy to perforate and buses like that are likely diesel, with industrial parts and so forth.

Probably would hang up the fuel pump first, if not it might seize the engine. Also I'm fairly certain that diesel fuel doesn't explode.

18. lefty

lefty Senior member

At this point I find the only way I can get through it is with both eyes closed. Makes it more watchable, but things slip by. I understand Abe's ass was a thing of beauty.

All will be forgiven next week where it looks like D&C kick ass and take no prisoners, so you guys can go back to OMG OMG OMG.

lefty

19. imatlas

imatlas Senior member

What a mess. Arguably the worst episode to date.

I immediately thought of Lefty when the fire hose worked without a power source.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
    2 people like this.
  20. Dr Huh?

Dr Huh? Senior member

Worst episode to date? Come on, it was more tolerable than last week's.

1 person likes this.