• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Enough weight to break a spine or lop off the top of a head. Zombies are kinda squishy.

Or wait for the bullets to run out and make a gunstock club.

lefty

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
I could make some of those from the cabriolet legs on my kitchen table. Maybe drive some really long nails through the heavy end for emphasis.

Last edited:

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's the point. Once the bullets run out not everyone will have access to pikes, halberds and swords. But a 6' piece of wood with something sharp jammed in the end is pretty easy to source/manufacture.

lefty

landshark

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The ultimate zombie defense:

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Body armor wouldn't be the best bet. Heavy leather jacket should suffice. Where you want protection is fingers, some kind of Kevlar or shark proof gloves should be in order.

Definitely. Body armor is overkill. You're not looking to stop bullets, you're looking to stop teeth. I seriously wonder in every zombie movie/show/book ever why everyone isn't walking around in head to to leather or heavy canvas. Or even just several layers of clothes.

Thick wetsuit would be great.

lol. They're in Georgia. Gloves and multiple layers of clothing / body armor / wesuit is really what you want to be wearing when its 95 degrees and 80% humidity... You'd probably overheat and die in a wetsuit.
Plus when running away from walkers you don't want extra weight to slow you down. Plus, like greenfrog said that walker tore dale apart pretty easily... and if you get surrounded by a bunch of them thick clothes or armor is only going to do so much.

It's probably a good idea for wearing against the governors men when you'll be facing gunfire (like they did in the last episode) but not something you're gonna want to wear all day every day.

Also, I laugh every time these guys go off full auto on a couple of walkers. So, the world ends, and no more 5.56 ammo will *ever* be made, and you think you should go full auto and blow through 30 rounds just to pop a couple of shambling walkers? Fire discipline folks, fire discipline. The primary reason for full auto, suppressing fire, is going to have no impact on zombies.

Yeah, but the majority of people died relatively quickly and most probably didn't use much ammo before they died. There's probably enough stockpiled ammunition sitting around to last the surviving people decades. This is America after all, don't forget how much we love guns here.

But yeah, in the short term fire discipline would be a good idea since you don't know when you'll be able to re-stock ammo.

Last edited:

Lionheart Biker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh dear lord
rotflmao.gif
awesome find, man.

Sounded like Kristen wiig was doing andrea´s voice.

Last edited:

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

This has been discussed. I opted for a taiaha. lefty
That's a pretty first class wacking stick. Optimally I think you would want two, a mid length spear/staff type of weapon to keep Z at a distance and then a shorter axe/club/short sword for when they got inside your reach. Some inspiration:http://www.bladeforums.com/forums/s...ovised-weapons-thread-(Post-your-Handy-work!) I actually have a ZOD aka spetsnaz shovel and it is a pretty awesome zombie stomping tool:

Last edited:

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Well, let's just hope it's better than the last season.

Looks like more prison. Clearly they'll be leaving in this season but it needs to happen sooner rather than later. I hope we don't have entire episodes about securing the gates. :rolleyes:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads