• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Walking Dead (AMC)

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I laugh every time these guys go off full auto on a couple of walkers. So, the world ends, and no more 5.56 ammo will *ever* be made, and you think you should go full auto and blow through 30 rounds just to pop a couple of shambling walkers? Fire discipline folks, fire discipline. The primary reason for full auto, suppressing fire, is going to have no impact on zombies.

Mauro

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Swords , spears, chain mail , and napalm that's the way to go.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Swords , spears, chain mail , and napalm that's the way to go.

I've always thought that a halberd would make a fantastic zombie weapon. Long enough to give you a bit of range. Pointy end that can be used like a spear, with an axe part that can be used like, well, an axe. With a hook on the backside that can be used to control the walkers. Would require a bit of strength to use, but overall, I can't think of much better zombie weapon.

Last edited:

willy cheesesteak

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's all about the Lobo from World War Z

(top of page 146, last paragraph of interview with Arthur
Sinclair, Jr.):

(Sinclair points above my my head to the opposite wall. On it
hangs a heavy steel rod ending in what looks like a fusion of
shovel and double-bladed battle-ax. It's official designation is the
Standard Infantry Entrenching Tool, although, to most, it is
known as either the "Lobotomizer," or simply, the "Lobo.")

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My issue with the lobo was always that it requires swinging to really be effective--and if you miss, you are screwed, as it will be hard to recover from given the length. With something with a pointier end, you can jab with it as a spear, which would be much safer.

Bonggoy

Reaction score
Ya, but we dont know if zombie jaws are like super human n stuff, if you were really living it... real body armor.

Always wondered about that. Notice how they easily tore a human flesh like it's a tender piece of meat.

lefty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
A whittled down 2x4?
confused.gif

A fire-hardened whittled down 2x4 with a blunt end for crushing and a sharpened end for thrusting and cutting. Light and easy to replace, it's the perfect size for keeping someone off until you can swing it for a killing blow.

Face tattoo optional.

lefty

Last edited:

aravenel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That actually seems like a pretty good idea. Wonder if it would be too light to really be effective though. Regardless, pretty cool.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads