1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Walking Dead (AMC)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by willy cheesesteak, Jul 25, 2010.

1. dcg

dcg Senior member

Can't help myself. Even with the frustrations, I still look forward to watching each week. And it helps hold me over until the next compendium is released.

I think the show could be a lot better (even with the dumb character decisions and sometimes questionable writing) if they'd work on the pacing. Need to get away from SEASON OPENING!!!!!....a few more episodes....MID SEASON FINALE!!!!!!!...lah de dah....END OF SEASON EXTRAVAGANZA!!!!!!!!! rinse and repeat

2. lefty

lefty Senior member

What? You didn't like Abe on his knees for a couple of hours, Maggie concerned that Eug would get sunburned, Glenn's face palming realization that if you run dirty water through a sock it removes the particulate matter, and the subtle symbolism of the nail in the foot of a priest?

How is Dawn in charge of anything?
    Why aren't the guy cops getting all rapey on her and the other chick cop?
    Why the hell would they keep a retired dude (and forgetful seamstress) around when they could have a ward full of slave chicks?

lefty

3. SkinnyGoomba

SkinnyGoomba Senior member

Opening scene was good for a few laughs

4. dcg

dcg Senior member

Actually, that hardest suspension of disbelief for me was Rick's "they're messing with the wrong people" (instead of "they're fucking with the wrong people") in the train car from the S4 finale. We went right into slitting people's throats into a trough in S5 Ep1; surely a single f-bomb over the course of 4+ seasons of zombie apocalypse wouldn't have been too far out of line.

edit - it also bothered me in yesterday's ep that after Sasha/Tyreese took out the walker from the rooftop (when Rick was initially negotiating the exchange), the two cops looked around and couldn't see them up there. If they can see the cops/zombies, the cops can see them. I'm sure they didn't take their sights off the cops the whole time, other than to take out that one walker.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  5. lefty

lefty Senior member

Excellent recap of EP 7 up to 2:30 or so, then review.

[​IMG]

lefty

Last edited: Dec 1, 2014
  6. NorCal

NorCal Senior member

[/quote]

Dude, that is hilarious.

Seriously though, this show is just boring now. Inertia keeps me checking in but it just falls flat in too many ways.

Sci Fi channel has a show Z-Nation that on right now. Its way lower budget and in a lot of ways not very good but at least it has a sense of humour and something sort of like character development. It also actually shows people making an effort in post Z world trying to patch together some sort of life in kind of interesting ways.

There is a character called 10k because he wants to kill 10,000 Z, which begs the question, if everyone just went full Zombie killer could a surviving population of 10% of the human race kill the other 90% in Z form and restore balance to the force?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2014
  7. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Senior member

Couldn't agree more. :cheers:

8. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

9. willy cheesesteak

willy cheesesteak Senior member

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I gotta say that people that will watch the series on dvd will
    wonder why the fuck the show is killing off characters left and right, midseason finale killed a long standing character and last nights episode killed a character, on dvd/netflix this is gonna be back to back

11. lefty

lefty Senior member

Will anyone get past S2 on dvd?

That was a lot of drawn-out gimple suck just to get rid of one shitty character.

lefty

12. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

Losing interest in TWD.

13. MrG

MrG Senior member

+1

I had a similar thought watching the last episode. It seems to have completely lost its way, and it really feels like maybe the writers have run out of ideas.

I keep hoping there's some big payoff coming, but, even if there is, at this point it's becoming such a slog to get through the series that I'm not sure it's worth it.

14. lefty

lefty Senior member

You guys didn't like the magic tornado?

lefty

15. MrG

MrG Senior member

I thought it sucked.

:rimshot:

16. dcg

dcg Senior member

At least we got Lauren Cohan on Talking Dead. Although the other guy they had on (played Sam for a few eps, now Penguin on Gotham) makes my skin crawl. Looks and acts like a real-life Gollum.

17. lefty

lefty Senior member

TD always seemed like the apology tour - let me now explain what we are clearly incapable of conveying on the show.

At this point I can't remember where they were last, but how is it they're walking down the road with nothing? They can't even scavenge up a piece of cloth to make a sling for the kid?
    How is it that the woods are still chock-full of Zs?
    How is the priest keeping his head shorn?

lefty

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015
  18. dcg

dcg Senior member

I assume Abraham shaves him down every night, dolphin smooth.

Also, I am unclear on whether the zombie attempt to break into the barn overnight was real, or a dream. Because all of a sudden everyone's all cozy asleep, but then they go outside and it's a zombie hurricane disaster area.

19. lefty

lefty Senior member

The show could redeem itself if it was all a dream and Rick woke up beside Suzanne Pleshette.

lefty

1 person likes this.
  20. GreenFrog

GreenFrog Senior member

I guess I'm just getting sick of the cheap zombie attack thrills where the survivors get AMBUSHED by zombies with the stealth of a fucking ninja of the highest order.

Don't matter that they normally groan and moan, they magically become silent when they wanna bite o dat meat.

I was fully expecting that zombie in the car trunk to have broken loose and lunge at Glenn after Maggie opened the trunk for the first time. Was pleasantly surprised that the writers didn't add that cheap thrill in.

Also rolled my eyes at Sasha after she deviated from the plan to push the zombies off the bridge. Stupid, predictable bitch.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2015