• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

htinlinn

Reaction score
Took some time to take a photo of my fit the other day.

Currently looking for a blazer for S/S. Can't decide between Mk. I and II. Might have to take a trip out to the NYC store to try them on.

L1040927.JPG

nprose

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Sid Mashburn Butcher Jacket or Ghost Blazer, and have any thoughts to offer on how it compares to something like a Drake's Games Blazer. I get they are a different vibe, but both seem to fill that casual blazer genre and I'm not sure which one would be more wearable for me.

Phillip Dean

Reaction score
Has anyone tried the Sid Mashburn Butcher Jacket or Ghost Blazer, and have any thoughts to offer on how it compares to something like a Drake's Games Blazer. I get they are a different vibe, but both seem to fill that casual blazer genre and I'm not sure which one would be more wearable for me.

I don’t own the Ghost but I’ve handled it in store and it’s pretty damn beautiful (and as advertised, feels like nothing). While similar to the Games tailoring, the aesthetic of the Ghost and Butcher are very different; more Ivy style and less workwear, and as a result, probably a touch more conventional and versatile than the Games. Plus the Ghost comes in a fresco-like high twist, which Drake’s has not utilized for the Games.

nprose

Reaction score
I don’t own the Ghost but I’ve handled it in store and it’s pretty damn beautiful (and as advertised, feels like nothing). While similar to the Games tailoring, the aesthetic of the Ghost and Butcher are very different; more Ivy style and less workwear, and as a result, probably a touch more conventional and versatile than the Games. Plus the Ghost comes in a fresco-like high twist, which Drake’s has not utilized for the Games.
Thanks for this perspective. I don't live in a city where I can easily touch or try on Sid's stuff or Drake's. I guess it's mostly a matter of personal style and preference then. Did you seen the butcher or ghost blazer in Lovat by any chance?

Ortip

Reaction score
Thanks for this perspective. I don't live in a city where I can easily touch or try on Sid's stuff or Drake's. I guess it's mostly a matter of personal style and preference then. Did you seen the butcher or ghost blazer in Lovat by any chance?
Not a great pic, but here's me a couple months ago in the ghost lovat. I love it and would buy that pacific colored one they just released if it was in the budget. Super thin but not transparent. It does not create the right silhouette with any formal, flannel or cord trousers, and even some khakis are too thick. But with jeans and 5-pockets or light chinos (like poplin, or Sids cotolino) and anything up top from polo to dress shirt, I think it's great. Have worn it to date nights, casual office, networking events, etc.

Attachments

• PXL_20230302_142416263.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230302_142416263.MP.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 406

nprose

Reaction score
Not a great pic, but here's me a couple months ago in the ghost lovat. I love it and would buy that pacific colored one they just released if it was in the budget. Super thin but not transparent. It does not create the right silhouette with any formal, flannel or cord trousers, and even some khakis are too thick. But with jeans and 5-pockets or light chinos (like poplin, or Sids cotolino) and anything up top from polo to dress shirt, I think it's great. Have worn it to date nights, casual office, networking events, etc.
Looks great and sounds perfect. I mostly wear jeans and 5 pockets anyways. Plus, I'm heading into a California spring/summer, so I won't be wearing anything heavy. It's less green than it looks online, but maybe that's just the photo.

Ortip

Reaction score
Looks great and sounds perfect. I mostly wear jeans and 5 pockets anyways. Plus, I'm heading into a California spring/summer, so I won't be wearing anything heavy. It's less green than it looks online, but maybe that's just the photo.
It's definitely not a very punchy green. Muted with grey tones. Here it is in sunlight next to some olive trousers for comparison

Attachments

• PXL_20230323_183430158.MP.jpg
    PXL_20230323_183430158.MP.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 388

espen

Reaction score
Agreed on both fronts—great dusty hues, and unique fabric choices.

Really considering that butcher stripe chore myself. Just unsure of the weight of it. Moleskin won’t have a ton of breathability into the warmer months. If someone gets to try it on would love to hear about it.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads