• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think I asked a similar question. Ironing is fine. I used steam hand press. Drakes also noted it should be fine when I emailed / PM on IG

htinlinn

Reaction score
Drake’s western shirt in bleached denim. Seems like they are doing a ton of these westerns in different fabrics this summer.

Attachments

• L1050100.jpeg
    L1050100.jpeg
    113.2 KB · Views: 486

Beckett2

Reaction score
I guess the story of Ivy is also the story of American militarism and its global legacy. Not sure I like that.

Trevallon

Reaction score
I guess the story of Ivy is also the story of American militarism and its global legacy. Not sure I like that.
Not to give this topic too much room and distract us from bitching about pricing at Drake's and the fact that Drake's employees seem to be able to eat burgers and drink alcohol in copious amounts without ever staining their shirts or putting on weight, but:

I am glad that the Americans stepped up when the generation of my grandfathers tried to set the whole world on fire. The occupation of the Brits and Americans (and the marshall plan) helped turn Western Germany into the prosperous democracy I was born into long after the war.

Looking around a stereotypical high street in Germany I can assure you that Ivy Style never got a foothold here... so I'm ruling out occupation as a surefire way to introduce Ivy Style into a country's fashion sense.
British Style was always more prevalent in the more well-to-do circles in Germany (Tweeds, Barbours, Tattersall Shirts...), probably because the clothes were easier to obtain with Britain being closer.

I think "being into Ivy" or liking Ivy is a matter of personal preference. Not all South Koreans are into Ivy surely, not all Japanese and definitely not all Germans.
And to put an even finer twist on this, I should have been more clear: Ivy appeals to me the most, when Michael Hill has put his spin on it.

Now, anyone know when the next archive sale is taking place?

(By the way, David Marx's "Ametora" that @Phillip Dean mentioned is an absolutely great read and very recommended if you want to dive deeper into the question you posed.)

Beckett2

Reaction score
Not to give this topic too much room and distract us from bitching about pricing at Drake's and the fact that Drake's employees seem to be able to eat burgers and drink alcohol in copious amounts without ever staining their shirts or putting on weight, but:

I am glad that the Americans stepped up when the generation of my grandfathers tried to set the whole world on fire. The occupation of the Brits and Americans (and the marshall plan) helped turn Western Germany into the prosperous democracy I was born into long after the war.

Looking around a stereotypical high street in Germany I can assure you that Ivy Style never got a foothold here... so I'm ruling out occupation as a surefire way to introduce Ivy Style into a country's fashion sense.
British Style was always more prevalent in the more well-to-do circles in Germany (Tweeds, Barbours, Tattersall Shirts...), probably because the clothes were easier to obtain with Britain being closer.

I think "being into Ivy" or liking Ivy is a matter of personal preference. Not all South Koreans are into Ivy surely, not all Japanese and definitely not all Germans.
And to put an even finer twist on this, I should have been more clear: Ivy appeals to me the most, when Michael Hill has put his spin on it.

Now, anyone know when the next archive sale is taking place?

(By the way, David Marx's "Ametora" that @Phillip Dean mentioned is an absolutely great read and very recommended if you want to dive deeper into the question you posed.)
I don't know, I think this conversation is much more interesting than when the next archive sale is! I can't be the only one here interested in what the clothes mean?

Trevallon

Reaction score
I don't know, I think this conversation is much more interesting than when the next archive sale is! I can't be the only one here interested in what the clothes mean?
My question about the archive sale was a meant as a joke. I should have added a smiley. ;-)

Talking about what clothes mean, I associate Ivy Style a lot more with American east coast intellectualism (and not militarism) and Jazz. The black Ivy book also gave me a whole new appreciation of ways to take the Ivy look (staples like the OCBD for example) - and make it your own.

Beckett2

Reaction score
My question about the archive sale was a meant as a joke. I should have added a smiley. ;-)

Talking about what clothes mean, I associate Ivy Style a lot more with American east coast intellectualism (and not militarism) and Jazz. The black Ivy book also gave me a whole new appreciation of ways to take the Ivy look (staples like the OCBD for example) - and make it your own.
Good point. Some counter-cultural associations there for sure.

circumspice

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe that in some interview, Marx has said that the Korean and Chinese translations of Ametora have done surprisingly good business

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads