• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nat25

Reaction score
Can anyone with a suede chore jacket please comment on wear and tear over time? I purchased one a few months ago but returned it as it had a defect. Didn’t order another one as I got concerned with taking care of the suede. Any insights gleaned from your experiences? Cheers

i have 2 (lined and unlined) and am happy with them. The only complaints is the suede is too heavy for the buttons so I’ve had to have the tailors sew them back on a few times. Suede has some stains etc over time but adds a nice patina.

Gus_McCrae

Reaction score
Indeed, I experienced all of the same above, and so many other similar glitches. Even worse, when I go through the trouble to fill on a form to request customer service, sometime it has taken weeks or even months to get back to me, and then their responses were comically terse and unhelpful.

I really dislike buying from them, and only when items are heavily discounted is it worth putting up that mess.

I’ve only purchased online once from Drakes and it was such a bad experience i am unlikely to do it again.

it literally took3 months and a dozen emails to process an exchange.

adschus

Reaction score
Received the taupe and green check houndstooth jacket today. Jacket did not have functioning cuffs. There’s many loose threads throughout the jacket, too. It’s looks used or a store model. Secondary, the jacket did not come with a garment bag.

did anyone else have this issue with their jacket? Either the same one or different jacket? Were you able to get a refund or new jacket?

Nat25

Reaction score
Received the taupe and green check houndstooth jacket today. Jacket did not have functioning cuffs. There’s many loose threads throughout the jacket, too. It’s looks used or a store model. Secondary, the jacket did not come with a garment bag.

did anyone else have this issue with their jacket? Either the same one or different jacket? Were you able to get a refund or new jacket?

when you complain about no garment bag on a 50% off archive item you have lose credibility on anything you previously said

wahnamhong

Reaction score
Received the Japanese selvedge needlecord trousers today, in a size 31. You guys suggested these would widen at the waist, but will this be similar to how a selvedge denim would widen?

I got the 31 knowing it would be somewhat small: the waist is indeed small, I cannot close the upper button, but for the rest they fit great. This is the same as with a new raw denim, which will eventually widen to my body shape, but will this pair of selvedge needlecord be the same? Thanks in advance! They are a good looking pair of trousers.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Received the Japanese selvedge needlecord trousers today, in a size 31. You guys suggested these would widen at the waist, but will this be similar to how a selvedge denim would widen?

I got the 31 knowing it would be somewhat small: the waist is indeed small, I cannot close the upper button, but for the rest they fit great. This is the same as with a new raw denim, which will eventually widen to my body shape, but will this pair of selvedge needlecord be the same? Thanks in advance! They are a good looking pair of trousers.
Mine were tight (I could still button up the top button though) and they loosened in the first wear. Ymmv but they'll likely stretch ~1"

jmiller123

Reaction score
Mine were tight (I could still button up the top button though) and they loosened in the first wear. Ymmv but they'll likely stretch ~1"
Have you thrown yours in the wash yet? I recently got a pair that I need to get hemmed and was wondering if I needed to wash them first as to get any shrinkage out of the way.

jischwar

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Have you thrown yours in the wash yet? I recently got a pair that I need to get hemmed and was wondering if I needed to wash them first as to get any shrinkage out of the way.
I haven't, but I can almost guarantee they lose some length in the inseam. I could just be pessimistic as I've had this happen to me twice before

Ancestral Star

Reaction score

when you complain about no garment bag on a 50% off archive item you have lose credibility on anything you previously said

For what it’s worth, I’ve bought jackets from Drake’s at full price and didn’t receive the garment bag either. But given their mediocre customer service, I figured it wasn’t worth the hassle. Their garment bags are **** quality anyway.

adschus

Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I’ve bought jackets from Drake’s at full price and didn’t receive the garment bag either. But given their mediocre customer service, I figured it wasn’t worth the hassle. Their garment bags are **** quality anyway.

Yeah it was a secondary complaint. Upon further inspection, The jacket is received is a 38. I ordered a 44. It was tagged as a 44 but inside pocket says 48 (Italian sizing).

can’t wait to deal with their customer service.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads