• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Last Day to save 20% sitewide at Kirby Allison's annual Father's Day Sale! !

Kirby Allison is one of Styleforum's original success stories, beginning long ago with Kirby;s Hanger Project. Every year, Kirby holds a Father's Day Sale featuring some of the best accessories and shoe care products in the world. Take this opportunity to get something for your father, grandfather, or yourself, at a rare 20% discount (discount taken automatically at the checkout). See if you find that perfect hanger, shoe cream, or watch case here

Enjoy

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nineohtoo

Reaction score

Going to checkout Valleyfair on the way to dinner on Thursday. I wouldn't mind one more flannel shirt in off-white for rotating my sleepwear.

Damn. That's actually a great idea lol. My sleepwear consists of heat tech crew neck tees, those long boxers/cropped heat tech pants they used to sell, and room slippers. Pretty warm and cozy. I just wish I bought more of the pants before they stopped selling them.

leeba

Reaction score
Budget flannel alternatives if I'm always between Uniqlo M/Ls? Such a struggle - chest/back/shoulders always too tight in M, L too big almost everywhere else.

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re flannels: If possible, go try on a bunch in-store. I've lately been stuck between Small/XS and swear the fit varies among the different models and I've found some pretty good ones for half off by trying on a few and then tossing them in the dryer,

Also, lol yeah of course the heat tech fit small, like someone else said they're meant as a bottom layer.

CityMap

Reaction score

Just last month I bout the camouflage sweatpants. Was inspecting it today and noticed this right in the crotch area! the fabric already coming off! Only worn it a few times (perhaps 5?) and haven't even washed it yet (its snowing here). :(

Last edited:

OccultaVexillum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^^
I know it's uniqlo, but that's still pretty weak.
I'm trying to figure out what the fact that it's snowing has to do with not washing things though?

CityMap

Reaction score
just means its not stink yet ;)
i dunno how often you guys wash your joggers or sweats (the one above, I don't use for exercise, just lounging in the house or walking to somewhere nearby)

Master-Classter

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm just going to go on record and say this.... while I do have a decent sized rotation of stuff, I've worn most of my items many many times (40-50 times?) over many many years (I have stuff that's 7-10 years old) and have almost never had anything actually fall apart or disintegrate etc. I've done one or two tiny crotch repairs on jeans and a couple of loose hem threads and buttons, but seriously, I have no idea what you people do in your clothes to make this **** happen.

Also, maybe related, and don't get all ewww on me, but I mostly just shake out and wipe/dust/lintroll my stuff and put it away, I probably only wash every 2-3 wears for a shirt and 7-10 wears for pants. Cold water wash and never put in the drier.

It it the way you take care of your stuff (wash/dry)? Lifestyle differences (I sit a desk, walk around town, etc maybe you're doing parkour?), maybe your stuff doesn't fit properly?

And to add why that's relevant, it's because most of my stuff is actually Uniqlo, and some H&M, GAP, etc with a smattering of the buy it for life SF approved stuff, but my point is most of it was cheap and wasn't expected to last very long but it's all held up just fine.

Last edited:

CityMap

Reaction score
I'm just going to go on record and say this.... while I do have a decent sized rotation of stuff, I've worn most of my items many many times (40-50 times?) over many many years (I have stuff that's 7-10 years old) and have almost never had anything actually fall apart or disintegrate etc. I've done one or two tiny crotch repairs on jeans and a couple of loose hem threads and buttons, but seriously, I have no idea what you people do in your clothes to make this **** happen.

Also, maybe related, and don't get all ewww on me, but I mostly just shake out and wipe/dust/lintroll my stuff and put it away, I probably only wash every 2-3 wears for a shirt and 7-10 wears for pants. Cold water wash and never put in the drier.

It it the way you take care of your stuff (wash/dry)? Lifestyle differences (I sit a desk, walk around town, etc maybe you're doing parkour?), maybe your stuff doesn't fit properly?
No idea. I mostly sit in the office, or sitting in my room when wearing the above sweatpants. If I do anything active, I wear my adidas.
I wash using a laundry bag and usually hang dry my clothes.

The only thing could be size. This one is an S. I normally wear M in Uniqlo's standards, but the gf highly suggested I get the S because it looked better.

-update-

Went to Uniqlo and they gave me a refund. I am very surprised as I didn't have a receipt. They just took it.
Very unusual in Japan as most companies are very anal about returns.

Last edited:

NYLON

Reaction score

Uniqlo for USA is a 2nd time coming (after the 1st failed venture) & I'm sure they know what they are getting into for risk of opening too many against demand.

However, the article did not mention much -if at all- of it's online sales which definitely supplements their P&L.

Still, 'QLO appeal lies in it's basic clothing and i think their strength lies in the marketing of it's affordable Tech and her collaborations.

johanm

Reaction score
Chicago seems like a tricky place to figure out where to open a flagship store. Chicago-based posters can correct me if I'm off base, but I'd guess that Uniqlo target demos don't do much shopping on Michigan Avenue, and it's not a city where there are masses of shopping focused tourists all year round like NYC/London, nor is there a huge Asian/Asian-influenced population like in California.

Distorbiant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicago seems like a tricky place to figure out where to open a flagship store. Chicago-based posters can correct me if I'm off base, but I'd guess that Uniqlo target demos don't do much shopping on Michigan Avenue, and it's not a city where there are masses of shopping focused tourists all year round like NYC/London, nor is there a huge Asian/Asian-influenced population like in California.

There's definitely an Asian crowd here. You should see Zara on Black Friday. Lots of tourists hit up Mich ave though, and for locals its very easy to get to Uniqlo via the train to do some shopping.

CityMap

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members