• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xpost from waywt

columbia knit
gap via ross
uniqlo toj uniqlo uniqlo(noviz) uniqlo
thrashed joints

rotv

Reaction score
Are the casual oxfords still very thick? I'd like another oxford for but the version I bought a few years ago were very thick. Over the course of the thread uniqlo ocbd's have been regarded as a good value, but which version for casual wear?

blitzmage

Reaction score
Are the casual oxfords still very thick? I'd like another oxford for but the version I bought a few years ago were very thick. Over the course of the thread uniqlo ocbd's have been regarded as a good value, but which version for casual wear?

I have a casual oxford circa 2010 and one of their latest oxfords. The old ones were a lot thicker. In fact I can't wear the new ones without wearing an undershirt.

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Looks like Uniqlo put up some stretch selvedge jeans. I'm a fan of stretch, going to try the washed out pair and black pair.

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/me....html#64|/men/featured/new-arrivals/bottoms/|

I hated the stetch jeans not because they didn't feel good, I just can't do tights even though this would be a place that'd be perfectly acceptable. But I prefer the regular 98/2 or if you want the good ****. Get the heavier off white Japanese fabric from a couple seasons ago and take them to your tailor. I'm actually gonna make some patch jeans out of em since I found some on sale for $20.

But there's some faded grey tapered skinny jeans that are really good.

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I hated the stetch jeans not because they didn't feel good, I just can't do tights even though this would be a place that'd be perfectly acceptable. But I prefer the regular 98/2 or if you want the good ****. Get the heavier off white Japanese fabric from a couple seasons ago and take them to your tailor. I'm actually gonna make some patch jeans out of em since I found some on sale for $20.

But there's some faded grey tapered skinny jeans that are really good.

Ah, I've got a pair of the 98/2 Slim Fit Stretch which I like ALOT, they don't fit me like leggings surprisingly however they are size 35 so that's a big size. I sized up one. I was thinking maybe the selvedge 98/1 would be a higher quality and since every other color in 98/2 is sold out in my size.

I actually had suddenlee get me a pair of the 98/2 in black, felt like I time warped back to 4 or so years ago when Uniqlo didn't have ecommerce. Glad to see they are still doing their thing.

Last edited:

el Bert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Ah, I've got a pair of the 98/2 Slim Fit Stretch which I like ALOT, they don't fit me like leggings surprisingly however they are size 35 so that's a big size. I sized up one. I was thinking maybe the selvedge 98/1 would be a higher quality and since every other color in 98/2 is sold out in my size.

I actually had suddenlee get me a pair of the 98/2 in black, felt like I time warped back to 4 or so years ago when Uniqlo didn't have ecommerce. Glad to see they are still doing their thing.

Yup I know they stretch then when you wash em they slim back up I like my white ones a lot I wear em pretty often

Dbear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The $49.90 skinny fit tapered jeans are really really nice. Not like tights at all. The material is really nice. It stretches out in the top block if you wear them a lot (but not too much so its sloppy), plus, the stretch makes it comfy and then you got this nice taper. Pretty much the perfect jean. Bought like 7 pairs in every color...to wear everyday. Too bad they look like it's indigo based, so can only get the greys and the blues and the blacks (no earth tones), but it's nice to have like every blue/grey shade.

The $39.90 stretch jeans are thinner. Not as nice.

The $29.90 legging jeans were like tights.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads