• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score

Stay away from Uniqlo SS button down shirts if you do any type of curls or bicep work at the gym...

Fit is spot on until the sleeve...any arm movement makes it feel like I'm about the rip the sleeves apart...shame really.

MB Polos on the other hand, fit like a dream. Copped 4.

Good things I have arms like twigs. :cool:

The Rural Juror

Reaction score
How do the thighs on the uniqlo slim-fit chinos compare to 511s?

I have a pair of the chinos in 34 and they are far too tight (embarrassing picture posted earlier in this thread). I tried on some 511s in 34 and they were too tight, but the 36 works out pretty well.

So for the unis I'm trying to decide between 35 & 36. The problem is I tried measuring the pants last night, and I can't figure out the measurements. The website says the thighs on the 34 are 13 inches, but my measurements didn't come close to that. Any help?

I also have a pair of Mabitex chinos in 52 (US equivalent 36?) that fit well, but alas they come apart when slightly tugged.

Last edited:

rabbitman

Reaction score
so purchased a pair of those $9.90 relaxed twill shorts. excellent quality and fit for such a cheap price, you can't beat it. my only complaint is that I ordered a small with the measurements of the chino shorts in mind (31.5 waist) but these have a 28.5 waist. fits a little tight as I have a 31 waist, so going to exchange them for a medium which also has a 31 waist. its not visible in the website photos, but these shorts also have the lace inside the waistband you can tie for a better fit.

jay3429

Reaction score

WHYA RE THOSE DRY JACKETS NOT GOING ON SALE??

THEY KNOW THEY GOOD THAT'S WHY UGH

lmao @ people trying to get cheap goods for even cheaper.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How do the thighs on the uniqlo slim-fit chinos compare to 511s?

I have a pair of the chinos in 34 and they are far too tight (embarrassing picture posted earlier in this thread). I tried on some 511s in 34 and they were too tight, but the 36 works out pretty well.

So for the unis I'm trying to decide between 35 & 36. The problem is I tried measuring the pants last night, and I can't figure out the measurements. The website says the thighs on the 34 are 13 inches, but my measurements didn't come close to that. Any help?

I also have a pair of Mabitex chinos in 52 (US equivalent 36?) that fit well, but alas they come apart when slightly tugged.

36 as unis is cut slim

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lmao @ people trying to get cheap goods for even cheaper.

While buying underwear I bought the regular jeans for the promo price of $19.99 - when I was paying for them I realized that I I could by 5 different colors for $100 for the hell of it - so I stepped out of line and went and bought the rest of the colors.

edit:

its something i do for vacations now (especially in 3rd world countries) - I'll buy a bunch of stuff cheap from uniqulo then end up giving it away to people I meet/friend/like there. It seems kind of uncouth - but people like cab drivers, and bellmen, or trail guides end up really appreciating it and it gives me a lot of space for souvenirs going home.

Last edited:

jay3429

Reaction score

I PITY THE FOOL

While buying underwear I bought the regular jeans for the promo price of $19.99 - when I was paying for them I realized that I I could by 5 different colors for $100 for the hell of it - so I stepped out of line and went and bought the rest of the colors.

edit:

its something i do for vacations now (especially in 3rd world countries) - I'll buy a bunch of stuff cheap from uniqulo then end up giving it away to people I meet/friend/like there. It seems kind of uncouth - but people like cab drivers, and bellmen, or trail guides end up really appreciating it and it gives me a lot of space for souvenirs going home.

Haha, I'm not against buying goods on sale. I just found it entertaining that toasty was almost acting as if the price was almost inhibiting him from purchasing the item. Of course, the reality that is uniqlo is incredibly affordable.

Last edited:

amathew

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got an airism vneck in size small the other day. The v neck is pretty deep and the shirt seems a little slimmer than their premium cotton shirts but I'm definitely planning on getting a couple more of these airism vneck tees. It's so soft and very light weight...will be perfect for those 90+ degree weather days.

Also, has anyone had issues machine washing the colored jeans. Obviously, the color will fade over time but I'm concerned about the dye getting on my other clothes while in the washing machine.

Last edited:

choj

Reaction score
I've been so far impressed with their OCBDs and now have them in blue, pink, and white--so impressed that I've decided to abandon my loyalty to other over-priced brands of questionable quality.

Can anyone pitch in as to how the boxer briefs and socks fit? I wear a 31 in Levi's and am a size small in CK boxer briefs, although I find 2(x)ist size small to be too tight. I also wear size 8 shoes and alot of the one-size-fits-all type of socks tend to run slightly long on me.

Last edited:

rirawin

Reaction score

I've been so far impressed with their OCBDs and now have them in blue, pink, and white--so impressed that I've decided to abandon my loyalty to other over-priced brands of questionable quality.

Can anyone pitch in as to how the boxer briefs and socks fit? I wear a 31 in Levi's and am a size small in CK boxer briefs, although I find 2(x)ist size small to be too tight. I also wear size 8 shoes and alot of the one-size-fits-all type of socks tend to run slightly long on me.

Size small in their boxers should be fine, I'm a waist 30/31" and they fit good, any bigger, they'd be too big. As for socks you might struggle, I'm a US10 and their one size socks fit perfect...

Last edited:

spicycho

Reaction score

Stay away from Uniqlo SS button down shirts if you do any type of curls or bicep work at the gym...

Fit is spot on until the sleeve...any arm movement makes it feel like I'm about the rip the sleeves apart...shame really.

MB Polos on the other hand, fit like a dream. Copped 4.
Yeah the sleeves are too small on these. I don't have 18" guns or anything and they feel tight when bending my arms

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads