• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

loopdeloop

Reaction score
Picked up a few things last week.

Women's U heattech turtleneck thermal top. I went for a large. It's pretty oversized already so I could probably size down once or even twice, but I quite like the bigger fit. Material is okay - quite stretchy with a drape, while also being quite snug around the neck. Probably keep (even if it's just for around the house).

Men's U cord wide fit work trousers. The material is a lovely thick wale cord. I went for the olive, but it looks more a muddy brown tbh. The fit is pretty similar to last year's cords, which I find a little awkward - mainly because of the top block which I wish felt more relaxed. I have the grey pair from last year which i've not worn enough so will probably back these despite quite liking them.

Men's cord relaxed fit ankle length trousers. These are almost the opposite of the above. The material is much thinner and nowhere near as nice (60% poly, which is a bit mad). I wouldn't say they feel cheap... just not-very-luxe. I got them in olive, which is a lovely, rich, deep shade. I sized up to a large and the fit is pretty good, with the elasticated waist giving a subtle pleating. Very easy to wear. But i'm a little worried about longevity given the material - anyone got any experience with these? (Also, does anyone know where I can get thick wale cords with an elasticated waist...?)

Men's premium lambswool crew neck jumper. I've never tried Uniqlo lambswool before, but this is great for the price (under £30). I got the sky blue in a medium. Really lovely finish and nice drape. Definitely keep (hope it washes okay).

And that's it. Nothing from the JW Anderson collection immediately jumped out at me, but i'm quite tempted to try the women's fleece with the rounded cut.

Last edited:

ILikeBacon

Reaction score
And that's it. Nothing from the JW Anderson collection immediately jumped out at me, but i'm quite tempted to try the women's fleece with the rounded cut.

I got the women's fleece. I really like it. The pattern/colour combination is really nice IMO. The cut is good too -- pretty roomy/boxy in the body. Arms are pretty standard. I'm 5'7 and went for an L.

The women's cropped wool jacket had potential but it was just too cropped and wide. Tiktok hypebeast fashion influencer vibes. Debated it for a while though

All the men's items were pretty meh to me.

Might go back for the tote though.

Jineline

Reaction score
I got the women's fleece. I really like it. The pattern/colour combination is really nice IMO. The cut is good too -- pretty roomy/boxy in the body. Arms are pretty standard. I'm 5'7 and went for an L.

The women's cropped wool jacket had potential but it was just too cropped and wide. Tiktok hypebeast fashion influencer vibes. Debated it for a while though

All the men's items were pretty meh to me.

Might go back for the tote though.

Same thought, it was too cropped for everyday wear. I’m also 5’7, but went for an XL on the fleece. Was really struggling on sizing this time around. Went with a L for the padded jacket and XL for the lambwool stitching sweater. I wear M in regular Uniqlo stuff. The Men JW was pretty meh, except for the socks, totes and the Flight jacket.

Jineline

Reaction score
Anyone buy the new U Lambswool Cardigan? Impressions?
It’s great. The women version with pockets is equally nice. If you are shorter, the women version is a tad more cropped and arms are a bit roomier. Got both and love them. Excellent quality. Got the men gray and the women brown and beige.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I bought it and returned it. It fit huge. It's very thick and seemed like nice quality wool. If you can get the fit right it's a nice piece.

duanejosey

Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback, guys! Finally snagged the grey one after checking to see if it was back in stock the past few days. Hopefully M works out for me.

Mackp12

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the feedback, guys! Finally snagged the grey one after checking to see if it was back in stock the past few days. Hopefully M works out for me.
in regards to sizing i did find it ran big so i sized down 1. TTS worked as well but preferred down one

Jineline

Reaction score
Hello, anyone tried the new Helmut Lang denim? How to these fit compared to U denim? True to size? Same fit? Quality seems very good, tempted to order all three colors.

BatmanFactory

Reaction score
Do you think I missed out on scooping up a restock/return of UU stuff? I want to grab a pair of those belted pants after seeing a pair

cafedandy2

Reaction score
Hello, anyone tried the new Helmut Lang denim? How to these fit compared to U denim? True to size? Same fit? Quality seems very good, tempted to order all three colors.
Tried them, and they're pretty good jeans in terms of how the fabric feels substantial. It fits like a classic regular jeans but with a slight room in the thighs, but not as wide as that of U. Whatever size you take with U jeans can be the same for this pair. Just waiting for it on sale only because where I am, it will surely still be there. But if it's something you like from when you fit it, I think it's worth its price.

cafedandy2

Reaction score
yes, love it
It's the 100% wool that got me, it's a pretty good one. Bought the gray and took a size up as it's the only one left in the store near me, I was supposed to wait for sale but it seems to be a popular one. TTS actually works best for me, but if you plan to layer, a size up wouldn't be bad. The slight crop gives an interesting look, moreso if you take the women's version. Gray is the interesting color to take, Brown is always a good choice, Black - there's some white wool hairs all around, it's not pure black but a little texture up close. The only issue I have is that a bit of the wool from it sticks on some clothing so match the inner layers accordingly so if there are some hairs on your inner layer like a tee, the hair won't be as much noticeable.

Together with this, I also got the V-neck sweater - this one's better TTS IMO as it's already a little loose.

Jineline

Reaction score
Tried them, and they're pretty good jeans in terms of how the fabric feels substantial. It fits like a classic regular jeans but with a slight room in the thighs, but not as wide as that of U. Whatever size you take with U jeans can be the same for this pair. Just waiting for it on sale only because where I am, it will surely still be there. But if it's something you like from when you fit it, I think it's worth its price.
Thanks, I’m sure it will still be on sale here as well. Might just secure the black one for now,

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads