• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Pastamancer

Reaction score
Order just came in. Keeping the mock-neck tee and chinos, which are in a really rich navy. I could've sized down on the pants –– I've lost some weight recently –– but the waist button tabs are a nice touch and they hold up fine with a belt. Could also probably get them hemmed, but one detail I hadn't noticed before is that they have a contrasting selvedge line that adds a little pop of color when cuffed. They're very comfortable and stretchy, but I'm not really getting where the "curved" part comes in –– they're too slim-fitting for the silhouette to look exaggerated like they do on the site when worn, at least if you have tree-trunk legs like me. I really don't get why there aren't more model shots with the products on.

Like others, I'm less sure about the oversized shirts. I like them a lot in theory but I feel like the material is maybe too stiff and crinkly for this look, so it doesn't really drape but is just kind of boxy if you go TTS. I like the button-down collar one more than the stand-collar one, for what it's worth. Some low-quality fit pics I quickly threw together:

Attachments

• IMG_4517.jpg
    IMG_4517.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 199
  • IMG_4521.jpg
    IMG_4521.jpg
    118.1 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_4516.jpg
    IMG_4516.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG_4518.jpg
    IMG_4518.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 242

robinsongreen68

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
disappointed the chinos are slim, i was hoping for more of an oversized comme type look

blacklight

Reaction score
If anyone picked up the stand collar shirt in Natural (S/M) and is looking to part with it feel free to reach out.

kejan

Reaction score
I managed to get a herringbone blazer, sized down to a small, and it is still huge. Shirting is also a size too large.
I do not find the chinos to be slim; went with my normal size, 32, could have gone down at least one size, and they are very long (34 inches, I believe). The quality of the blazer and chinos is very high. I would like to see the wool pants, as they are probably very nice.
Question: has anybody tried the hybrid oversized parka? I ordered a small (normally a small or medium) but I am thinking it might be too big, and I have a chance to get an XS. Thanks for your help.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
I also went with small (US) in most of my my orders. I'm a medium in most other brands, but small for most Uniqlo tops. The only time I wish i got XS was the UU blocktech fishtail parka. I ordered the hybrid oversized parka in S so hope it fits because I doubt I'll find it in XS at this point (maybe if I head over to NYC 34th st there might be stock).

mrballs

Reaction score
Collection looks sick, really keen on trying the blazers and chinos when they are released here in Singapore on the 20th.

From a close friend who works at Uniqlo's parent company here, there is going to be full size runs of the outerwear as usual. Which really blows my mind seeing how there is almost 0 demand in a tropical country.

As usual, for those that missed out on this sold out collection in their home country and absolutely NEED some stuff, dm me and i'll see if i can help with a proxy.

bouds

Reaction score
I also went with small (US) in most of my my orders. I'm a medium in most other brands, but small for most Uniqlo tops. The only time I wish i got XS was the UU blocktech fishtail parka. I ordered the hybrid oversized parka in S so hope it fits because I doubt I'll find it in XS at this point (maybe if I head over to NYC 34th st there might be stock).

Might get a restock or a return, but I went to 5th/34th/Soho locations yesterday afternoon and they were all out of the Parka in any size under L.

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm also a medium in most brands and thinking about the xs size for the oversized parka. You reckon that would work? Ony size available for me atm

NonChalant321

Reaction score
I'm also a medium in most brands and thinking about the xs size for the oversized parka. You reckon that would work? Ony size available for me atm

From watching product reviews of the parka, it seems like the XS should be okay but no way to tell until it arrives.

lycliew

Reaction score
From watching product reviews of the parka, it seems like the XS should be okay but no way to tell until it arrives.

Not sure if this helps. I'm wearing the size small for the parka below. Under it, I'm wearing the +J stand collar oversized shirt (size small) and the UU wide fit tapered pants (size medium).

I'm between small and medium for Uniqlo stuff, but I usually go medium. For reference, I'm 5ft 8in and weight 135lbs. I ended up going with a medium cause I want a more oversized fit. There wasn't that much of a difference between the small and medium other than 2-3cm more for both length and width.

front.jpg

side.jpg

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps. I'm wearing the size small for the parka below. Under it, I'm wearing the +J stand collar oversized shirt (size small) and the UU wide fit tapered pants (size medium).

I'm between small and medium for Uniqlo stuff, but I usually go medium. For reference, I'm 5ft 8in and weight 135lbs. I ended up going with a medium cause I want a more oversized fit. There wasn't that much of a difference between the small and medium other than 2-3cm more for both length and width.

View attachment 1498488
View attachment 1498489
damn i'm the same height as you and about 20 pounds heavier, I don't think I'll be able to do xs looking at these fits

and I definitely like the medium on you better

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads