• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Not sure if this helps. I'm wearing the size small for the parka below. Under it, I'm wearing the +J stand collar oversized shirt (size small) and the UU wide fit tapered pants (size medium).

I'm between small and medium for Uniqlo stuff, but I usually go medium. For reference, I'm 5ft 8in and weight 135lbs. I ended up going with a medium cause I want a more oversized fit. There wasn't that much of a difference between the small and medium other than 2-3cm more for both length and width.

View attachment 1498488
View attachment 1498489

Looks awesome. How do you like it? Is it warm?

Coldsnap

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone in Australia could happen to give me a Uniqlo proxy? Just want some linen pants and a jacket from mainline.

BatmanFactory

Reaction score
Can anyone with the +J blouson provide chest and length measurements for XS and/or S? Would like to be sure before trying to buy them at a markup

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone in Australia could happen to give me a Uniqlo proxy? Just want some linen pants and a jacket from mainline.
I could get my aus mate to proxy to me and then ship to you locally in nz if you ok to take that extra NZ post hit

accordion

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Returning the hooded down coat, oversized jacket, and wool tapered pants. The down coat is terrible all around. The oversized jacket is thick and sturdy but the shoulders are too wide and the fit looks off from the back. The tapered trousers have too high of a waistline and a weird top block as a result and is also wool blend despite the name. I'm only keeping the slim trousers out of six items. Quite disappointing.

cafedandy

Reaction score
I actually went back to exchange the O/S shirts to TTS as I felt they were the kind I'd want to wear fully buttoned up. (The neck gets tight on me when I size down, my usual Uniqlo shirt problem). It takes a while to get used to the wideness, but so far enjoying it. But of course, it will vary from person to person.

Jil did say on the collection (from WWD interview):
"...one should keep in mind that larger volumes don’t translate into smaller sizes, since all sizes are body-fitted for comfort."

Article is here: https://wwd.com/fashion-news/designer-luxury/jil-sander-uniqlo-j-fall-1234655461/
(There might be a paywall but you could access this in Incognito mode)

lycliew

Reaction score
Looks awesome. How do you like it? Is it warm?

I have not gotten a chance to wear it yet so can't say. It's definitely a keeper for me. I think it will be warm enough for up to -15 degree Celsius since I would likely layer underneath. Not sure if it will handle -20 C and below though.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
Got my order today. Here's a rundown:

Black Hybrid down parka: my favorite of everything I ordered. Really like the details and overall quality. Small (US) fits me fine and still feels oversized a bit but just as intended - I'm 5'8" 165 lbs for reference.

Navy Wool tailored jacket + slim fit wool blend pants: the material is good and definitely fall/winter weight. The jacket is not very slim fit but i like the silhouette anyway. Its not slouchy either. Just drapey in a fitted way. The M sleeves were too long and overall felt too big although shoulder and armholes were fine. The S fit better in general so returning the M. The pants....I have mixed feelings. When I first put them on, they seemed too roomy in the groin area but I think they're intended to be higher waist. Also not very slim.. Its not quite what I was expecting but will keep as a suit. As mentioned the pants are 100% wool despite saying blend. I have to visit a good tailor. If anyone knows a good one in North NJ or NYC let me know.

Dark Gray Chino pants: again, seems to be high waisted but fabric feels nice and I like the fit. Interestingly, hook closure instead of button. Its slim but not skinny. Got the same size as the suit pants but this felt loose and suit pants felt tight in the waist.

Navy Wool tapered pants: these are somewhat wide and slouchy but comfortable - theres some stretch to the waist band. I can't see myself wearing too often so I'll likely return.

Merino blend crew neck in charcoal with black stripes: i like the design and feels comparable to regular merino wool uniqlo sweaters - maybe slightly better. At M, its ever so slightly longer and wider than I wanted but I'll probably keep it anyway.

BONUS: got the hybrid down jacket for the wife and she's impressed with the quality and overall design, except for 1 thing - she's not completely sold on the wide sleeves. She's on the fence about keeping it because of the sleeves.

Here's a fit pic of the suit:

Attachments

• 20201118_133427.jpg
    20201118_133427.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 257
  • 20201118_133618.jpg
    20201118_133618.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Black Hybrid down parka: my favorite of everything I ordered. Really like the details and overall quality. Small (US) fits me fine and still feels oversized a bit but just as intended - I'm 5'8" 165 lbs for reference.

Navy Wool tailored jacket + slim fit wool blend pants: the material is good and definitely fall/winter weight. The jacket is not very slim fit but i like the silhouette anyway. Its not slouchy either. Just drapey in a fitted way. The M sleeves were too long and overall felt too big although shoulder and armholes were fine. The S fit better in general so returning the M. The pants....I have mixed feelings. When I first put them on, they seemed too roomy in the groin area but I think they're intended to be higher waist. Also not very slim.. Its not quite what I was expecting but will keep as a suit. As mentioned the pants are 100% wool despite saying blend. I have to visit a good tailor. If anyone knows a good one in North NJ or NYC let me know.

Dark Gray Chino pants: again, seems to be high waisted but fabric feels nice and I like the fit. Interestingly, hook closure instead of button. Its slim but not skinny. Got the same size as the suit pants but this felt loose and suit pants felt tight.

Navy Wool tapered pants: these are somewhat wide and slouchy but comfortable - theres some stretch to the waist band. I can't see myself wearing too often so I'll likely return.

Merino blend crew neck in charcoal with black stripes: i like the design and feels comparable to regular merino wool uniqlo sweaters - maybe slightly better. At M, its ever so slightly longer and wider than I wanted but I'll probably keep it anyway.

BONUS: got the hybrid down jacket for the wife and she's impressed with the quality and overall design, except for 1 thing - she's not completely sold on the wide sleeves. She's on the fence about keeping it because of the sleeves.

any fit pics on the Parka? would be good to see before I pull the trigger on the xs, i'm about 10 pounds lighter than you and same height.

NonChalant321

Reaction score
any fit pics on the Parka? would be good to see before I pull the trigger on the xs, i'm about 10 pounds lighter than you and same height.

Here you go.

It feels roomy so unless the XS is a lot smaller, I dont feel as though the fit will be uncomfortable. You might lose some of the oversized look that was intended, but I doubt the fit will feel uncomfortably tight.

Attachments

• 20201118_155328.jpg
    20201118_155328.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 296
  • 20201118_155418.jpg
    20201118_155418.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 299
  • 20201118_155346.jpg
    20201118_155346.jpg
    103.5 KB · Views: 305

norsefanboi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here you go.

It feels roomy so unless the XS is a lot smaller, I dont feel as though the fit will be uncomfortable. You might lose some of the oversized look that was intended, but I doubt the fit will feel uncomfortably tight.
thanks looks very lux!! might have to give it a go. Not my first choice color but will have to do for now (dark green)

Churchill W

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Dark Gray Chino pants: again, seems to be high waisted but fabric feels nice and I like the fit. Interestingly, hook closure instead of button. Its slim but not skinny. Got the same size as the suit pants but this felt loose and suit pants felt tight in the waist.

Wagner Tailoring is open and I'm sure would welcome the business:

Very reasonable prices IMO.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 81 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.4%

Forum statistics

Threads