• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
TTS, am a 38-40 in most brands, medium shirt fits perfectly. Went with large for my long johns, still tight but could've sized down. 31" waist. They have accurate size charts IMO.

innocentbystander

Reaction score

Any feedback on the chesterfield jacket for $100?

Was thinking of getting the BR jacket for $150 if wait patiently for a deal. Not too hard since they have deals pratically everyday.

I have that BR coat. Bought it with one of their 35%,40% off promo codes. For that price, I think it's fine. The torso and arms have a nice slimmer fit, and the shoulder seams hit at the right spot for me. The fabric looks and feels okay, but it doesn't have the heft you'd expect from a finer jacket.

Back to uniqlo, I saw most of their outerwear offerings during my trip to NYC a few weeks ago. Wasn't impressed by most of it.

PattyC

Reaction score
are the ultra light down coats thin enough to wear under an overcoat? Don't really fancy how they look on their own

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
yes, size down one if you want to wear as a liner

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
im a medium in uniqlo everything and my uld is a small since i wanted it fitted/used as liner

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^damn. just received my lambswool cardigan. considering sizing up to a medium, but I am guessing the 30% polyester will allow the rib hem to stretch with wear. the green is really rich. exactly what I was looking for. Also, if I sized up the cardigan may cover up half ******. As is it is already about 1/3. Maybe a bit too long, but any longer and I think it would be too much for a ribbed hem cardigan.

The wool blend jacket is actually pretty nice in terms of style. Low buttoning stance (I guess Uniqlo heard us). Will make for a good beater suit paired with the blend wool trousers. On that note, does anyone know 100% that the wool blend jacket (slim) is suppose to be pair with the wool blend trousers?

I 2nd day ordered my **** and it came quick, but forgot there was a new store 20 minutes from my work :lol:
Going to try and swing by tomorrow to return some stuff and pickup anything new for work.

Last edited:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
i dont know why my **** ships from NY, will be here tomorrow along with my nmwa

TACO_FLAVORED_KISSES

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^damn. just received my lambswool cardigan. considering sizing up to a medium, but I am guessing the 30% polyester will allow the rib hem to stretch with wear. the green is really rich. exactly what I was looking for. Also, if I sized up the cardigan may cover up half ******. As is it is already about 1/3. Maybe a bit too long, but any longer and I think it would be too much for a ribbed hem cardigan.

The wool blend jacket is actually pretty nice in terms of style. Low buttoning stance (I guess Uniqlo heard us). Will make for a good beater suit paired with the blend wool trousers. On that note, does anyone know 100% that the wool blend jacket (slim) is suppose to be pair with the wool blend trousers?

I 2nd day ordered my **** and it came quick, but forgot there was a new store 20 minutes from my work :lol:
Going to try and swing by tomorrow to return some stuff and pickup anything new for work.

I thought you ordered both the wool blend jacket and the trousers?

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I did but my eyes are deceiving me. Can't tell. The trousers look lighter by the faintest. Same composition, same weave. Going to hold onto both and try one more size down tomorrow to see if I can fit into a 32x34.

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cut off the tag already, going to return the lambswool cardigans anyways. Realized they are just not that well fitting to begin with. jet post a fit of the cardigan, i think you bought some, too. it going to look ridiculous on you. :lol:

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
whys that i bought mediums player, should look fine

Winston S.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

TTS, am a 38-40 in most brands, medium shirt fits perfectly. Went with large for my long johns, still tight but could've sized down. 31" waist. They have accurate size charts IMO.

That's interesting. I am a 33" waist and buy my Uniqlo (and most) bottoms in small.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads