• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

leeba

Reaction score
if anybody ordered a flannel in 'wine' in M and it doesn't work out, hmu. also, the colors for this collection are quite nice

Mannerheim

Reaction score
It seems like the craze about Uniqlo U is not as strong in Paris, the fishtail parka, knitwear, workshirt and the whole line was available in all sizes
It's good stuff, but nothing groundbreaking (and some heathered sweaters looked like sh*t, terrible colors)

TintoTerra

Reaction score
I think the fishtail looks really good, personally. I would have bought it if I hadn’t already got the mainline parka this season.

NYLON

Reaction score
There was a craze? :rotflmao:

Just returned from the store, took a couple of basics. But decided to put them back as I reckon these have enough inventory to go into Discount in 3-4 weeks knowing QLo...

Some points:

First of all I did not really look into the outerwear so no attention was given there.

- The Oxford shirt was not what I expected..it does not feel like Oxford cloth..more like a flannel really due to noticable pilling.
- The oversized shirt jacket is kinda thick and has a weight to it!
- I passed over the sweat/terry material (namely the hoody & Long sleeve versions) but I think they should carry over the same good paneling done on the previous season.
- The short sleeve Tees and heavy choice of colors is a Plus. They come seamless and for those that got the versions from SS17 will want to get the same size -still slightly oversize. Material feels to me samey samey. For the price, it's incredibly good value.
- L/S screw felt decent. The ribbing seems to be able to hold up quite well.
- The only pants that i tried on were the Twill ankle ones and using my TTS was simply ginormous..i was swimming in them. Went down 2 sizes to get the fit I require. For the price (which is normally normal for jeans but not normal for chinos) seems somewhat justified due to how decent it was constructed internally - the seams. The texture was something i had not noticed before. Do note that they are relax at the waist but taper down to the hem.

Finally, i cannot believe they continue to release those shoes. Those were forgotten and lasted for many mark downs on the last season.

cafedandy

Reaction score
There was a craze? :rotflmao:

Just returned from the store, took a couple of basics. But decided to put them back as I reckon these have enough inventory to go into Discount in 3-4 weeks knowing QLo...

Some points:

First of all I did not really look into the outerwear so no attention was given there.

- The Oxford shirt was not what I expected..it does not feel like Oxford cloth..more like a flannel really due to noticable pilling.
- The oversized shirt jacket is kinda thick and has a weight to it!
- I passed over the sweat/terry material (namely the hoody & Long sleeve versions) but I think they should carry over the same good paneling done on the previous season.
- The short sleeve Tees and heavy choice of colors is a Plus. They come seamless and for those that got the versions from SS17 will want to get the same size -still slightly oversize. Material feels to me samey samey. For the price, it's incredibly good value.
- L/S screw felt decent. The ribbing seems to be able to hold up quite well.
- The only pants that i tried on were the Twill ankle ones and using my TTS was simply ginormous..i was swimming in them. Went down 2 sizes to get the fit I require. For the price (which is normally normal for jeans but not normal for chinos) seems somewhat justified due to how decent it was constructed internally - the seams. The texture was something i had not noticed before. Do note that they are relax at the waist but taper down to the hem.

Finally, i cannot believe they continue to release those shoes. Those were forgotten and lasted for many mark downs on the last season.
Lemaire's collabs never really had the hype and I guess it's nice that way. Also, if you're patient enough, everything will still be complete at the sale bins.

I really like the Heavy Flannel Overshirt, the Wine color looks like a version of Lemaire's FW17 Rust overshirt.

The Wide Fit Denim Jeans are like a slightly improved version of Uniqlo U SS17's, the denim feels more substantial with a better taper at the hem. Again, a very Lemaire fit. Having athletic thighs, the wide fit gives me comfort but still looks sleek with the taper. Agree on the twill ankle ones, too, the cavalry twill feels sturdy.

I wish though that they made the L/S crew necks in soft touch fabric like the Uniqlo and Lemaire FW versions, the rough texture

All in all, I think this season's collection is nice especially if you're into knits. I'm just worried at some wool blends though in terms of pilling, better do a friction test first.

Also, not a fan of the nylon fabric they used for the shoes, they stretch so badly and was disappointed with the first iteration that I chucked them away after 3 uses. It's that bad. The SS canvas ones though hold better and are easy to clean.

Baron

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the UU sweatshirts? Thinking about picking one up.
Is the material pretty thick?

I have a hoodie from spring and I think it' great. Nice heavy fabric with nice drape, and the cut is also really nice with the oversize hood and the subtle side pockets. I picked up the purple one last night, along with the olive wool pants. If the "olive" is brown, like it was in spring, it's going back.

NYLON

Reaction score
Lemaire's collabs never really had the hype and I guess it's nice that way. Also, if you're patient enough, everything will still be complete at the sale bins.

I really like the Heavy Flannel Overshirt, the Wine color looks like a version of Lemaire's FW17 Rust overshirt.

The Wide Fit Denim Jeans are like a slightly improved version of Uniqlo U SS17's, the denim feels more substantial with a better taper at the hem. Again, a very Lemaire fit. Having athletic thighs, the wide fit gives me comfort but still looks sleek with the taper. Agree on the twill ankle ones, too, the cavalry twill feels sturdy.

I wish though that they made the L/S crew necks in soft touch fabric like the Uniqlo and Lemaire FW versions, the rough texture

All in all, I think this season's collection is nice especially if you're into knits. I'm just worried at some wool blends though in terms of pilling, better do a friction test first.

Also, not a fan of the nylon fabric they used for the shoes, they stretch so badly and was disappointed with the first iteration that I chucked them away after 3 uses. It's that bad. The SS canvas ones though hold better and are easy to clean.

Ever since Uniqlo decided to employ him as Director for UU, his name vanished from the labeling so I very much appreciate the 1st ever capsule-collab he did initially. TBH i do not believe the person on the street so much as cared who he is and i guess that sorta played well into the low-key vibes that Uniqlo is trying to channel, and that is the everyday "put on a basic and carry out your day without realizing it there".

I really wanted that overshirt but it was too thick for my preference and may consider to kop once discounts set in either in the DG or WN colorway. I like how the pockets continue to be lower than usual.

Since nothing has sold out (bearing in mind i'm not refering to outerwear i.e fishtail parka) I reckon a gamble that these will stay long enough to hit the discount bins soon as they start to bring in more of the AW stuff.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
It seems like the craze about Uniqlo U is not as strong in Paris, the fishtail parka, knitwear, workshirt and the whole line was available in all sizes
It's good stuff, but nothing groundbreaking (and some heathered sweaters looked like sh*t, terrible colors)

When was uniqlo ever ground breaking?

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone try the Blocktech Trench out? Wondered how stiff it was for a long coat.

I ordered it along with the wool blend trousers. Can give a short review here when it has arrived.

I saw the comment above on that the pants fit large. Is that the consensus for both the wide jeans and cotton twill wide pants, or are the online measurements accurate?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads