• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The (Un)Official Thrift Buy /Sell / Trade / Want Thread

jebarne

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Know the BB shirts you pass at thrifts? Not slim fit, not black fleece, but the normal long sleeve/button up makers/traditional/346/sport. I'm up for buying them at $7 per provided they're in very good+ to excellent condition and you have at least five. I'll pay for shipping to, provided you ship in an RRA2 box. I am planning to flip them, but I figure if you're getting them at 350-4 per, that's an extra $3 every second/third stop.
I picked up a dozen in all colors last friday but they were all OCBD, traditional fit, that looked like they had been worn once. $3.50 each. But I'm going to list them eventually.

On a different note, I've noticed that BB shirts ALWAYS have neck stains. Back when I was heavier, I had 6 shirts made at Men's Wearhouse and a dozen made at BB. When I stored them, all were in pristine shape. When I started this enterprise, I took them out to sell them, and all the BB shirts had yellow necks and none of the Men's Wearhouse shirts did. I applied the treatment twice and had them cleaned and maybe 3 out of the dozen came clean.

Since then I've noticed that almost every BB shirt I see in a thrift has neck stains.

I wonder what they do in their fusing that makes that happen?

jb

Fueco

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

'twas me.

Is available. Will be in U.S. in two weeks.

That would be awesome... If it was my size! I seem to recall you asking about the brand too. I stumbled across some things by them in the Sierra Trading Post catalog today. Seems to be a reputable maker.

OliT

Reaction score

That would be awesome... If it was my size! I seem to recall you asking about the brand too. I stumbled across some things by them in the Sierra Trading Post catalog today. Seems to be a reputable maker.

Yeah, I figured that they might be too big for you. Oh well :)
Anyways, I picked this up online, sadly it's too short for me. Looking to trade for a 118 in 44L, or other style leather jackets (would almost prefer brown) in large.

More details: Schott Perfecto, special production run for France (118J), late 80's to early 90's. Naked cowhide. Very good condition. Few marks on collar.

These are also available for sale or trade:

Natural Selection Smith Straight, 32x32. Good quality selvedge jeans from the U.K. Some really nice detailing on them. Will trade for shooz 12.5D-13D, jeans 34-36/34 or stuff in large.

Last edited:

nhindian

Reaction score
Have two things for sale..

Barneys Private Label jacket. Tagged 42R, with a label that resembles Piattelli. In good condition minus the left inside arm hole is blown out. Front pockets still basted shut. Asking $25 shipped

Measurements:
Chest: 21.5"
Waist: 19.5
Length : 31.5
Sleeve: 25.5
Shoulder: 19.5

Harris Tweed for Orvis jacket. No size tag. There is a stain / gunk on the backside of the left cuff, but otherwise in good condition. Asking $35 shipped.

Measurements:
Chest: 26"
Waist: 24
Length : 30.5
Sleeve: 24
Shoulder: 21

More pics coming soon.

Also willing to trade. Looking for Navy suits in 40R, dress shirts in 15.5/33,34, 10.5D shoes, 36" belts

Last edited:

Ken P

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
In need of the following:

- Solid White Dress shirt with spread collar and button cuffs - Brooks brothers slim fit or extra slim fit or something comparable (PRL custom fit, Thomas Pink Slim Fit) in a 15.5 with 34 (ish) sleeves, needs to be minty!
- Black oxfords - Derby or Balmoral, Captoe or non. Something like AE Park Ave or Leeds would be perfect - shell is a bonus. 9E or 9.5 D (or E depending on the last)

Can pay or we can work out a trade. PM me!

ridethecliche

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I have a BB Made in USA blue button down collar shirt in 15.5/32 that's available. PM if interested.

Last edited:

Shiny

Reaction score
Looking for a similar, summer weight suit in 41R to 42R. Pref. softer shoulders. Or, $25+actual ship. J Press 3 roll2 sack. Color is medium grey. Condition is good to very good. No tags to be found, but I estimate it to be a 43L to 44L. See measurements below to ensure accurate fit. Very lightweight and airy wool. Soft(er) shoulders. Flat front pants.
p2p 22.5 toc 33 slv 26 wst 36 w 1.5 to let out ins 30.5 w 3.0 to let out (cuffed)

Duke63

Reaction score
I'm looking for a black tie outfit. Doesn't have to be anything excellent in quality, just something better than what I'd rent. I need a ~46L jacket ~40x30 pants and 18.5 shirt. Let me know what you have fairly soon. Thanks!

nhindian

Reaction score

Have two things for sale..

Barneys Private Label jacket. Tagged 42R, with a label that resembles Piattelli. In good condition minus the left inside arm hole is blown out. Front pockets still basted shut. Asking $25 shipped

Measurements:
Chest: 21.5"
Waist: 19.5
Length : 31.5
Sleeve: 25.5
Shoulder: 19.5

Harris Tweed for Orvis jacket. No size tag. There is a stain / gunk on the backside of the left cuff, but otherwise in good condition. Asking $35 shipped.

Measurements:
Chest: 26"
Waist: 24
Length : 30.5
Sleeve: 24
Shoulder: 21

More pics coming soon.

Also willing to trade. Looking for Navy suits in 40R, dress shirts in 15.5/33,34, 10.5D shoes, 36" belts

More pics..

Last edited:

dazedstate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking for staple 38R suits with flat front pants and shoulders <18". Also prefer single breasted and decent quality. I've got a lot to trade but can work out cash as well.

Thanks for your consideration.

GMMcL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Massive firesale this week of stock that's been sitting around as BINOBO or that's coming off season. Most items starting at 9.99 with no reserve, others priced way, way down.

Among the items being firesold:

(Gregbigmac)
- Brooks Bros Saxxon faux tweed, 42R
- Coach pochette - Versace silk tie
- Canali flat front cords, 33 x 28
- Gray flannel double breast/dual vent suit, 42R
- AE Belgium, Margate, 8.5EEE
- Church's Custom Grade black wingtips, 10C
- Canali black suit, 40 short - NWT Brooks Bros Golden Fleece PJ top
- Hermes red tie

(Repeat_Business)
- Mets and Cubs jerseys, XL
- Church's Custom Grade black cap toes, 11.5
- J Press navy blue herringbone suit, ~44R
- Tom James gray flannel chalk stripe double breast/dual vent, 40R
- 2 Hickey freeman cashmere SCs, 44R
- Alan Mcafee by Cheaney cordovan calf short wings, 9.5C
- Hickey Freeman hand tailored herringbone tie
- J Press herringbone and Crombie solid navy overcoats
- Canali cashmere/wool hunter green SC w rust overcheck, 42L
- BBGF x 3 (incl 7 fold), Ike Behar ties
- Zegna Trofeo light gray stripe double breast/dual vent
- Incotex cashmere/cotton corduroys Tons more on sale.

Grab a bargain.

http://stores.ebay.com/M-McLs-Repeat-Business

http://stores.ebay.com/EliteRepeat-for-Men-by-GregBigMac

Koala-T

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Always interested in merino wool or cashmere socks (but only NWT, no used socks please). If you got em for sale or trade in standard 9-12 size, get at me.

Thanks!

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Coongameb52