• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Nikola

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I decided to place an order for the Vass Valway. Similar to what Namor ordered a while back, though I won't be cashing out for the Cordovan. Instead, plan on going with the Dark Brown Calf/ Brown Suede Shaft on Dainite sole.

I would like to have rounded toes as possible but not P2 rounded ..

So, I guess this sums it up to either R or F last.

Is the R last actually more rounded than the F?

Price is pretty good for these boots in calf/suede combo .. 550 EUR + 10% cash discount as I understood.. Budapest is very near my home town, but I wanted to come up with mind pre-set and avoid wasting Kuti's time ..

danielyam

Reaction score

Very beautiful Sir. Is it a gold museum calf Italian oxford? I intend to order my first pair of Vass like that model.

If you are wondering how a pair in lighter gold museum would look like..
1f609.png

Last edited:

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I'm looking at two new pairs but just trying to decide on the colors for each:

U wing shoe on U last

And

V cap shoe on K last

For one pair I am going to do:

Plum museum with burgundy suede

And

Gold museum with the mid brown suede

I want to have the main shoe upper be the calf and the upper part (if a balmoral) or the Adelaide part to be the suede.

Any thoughts ? I currently have one V cap Adelaide Oxford in a dark burgundy calf so I am leaning towards to gold museum for the V cap but am opened to either another Adelaide style or a balmoral like the V cap Old Enlgish II (don't have either)

For the U wing Oxford, I think an Adelaide could be a cool combination but I'm also opened to a balmoral style but think the plum museum and burgundy calf will work nicely with this style.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^^^^I have all of them above love them all & you can't go wrong with any make up you choose to do.

Thanks and great to hear!

ecwy

Reaction score
Epaulet GMTO Vass Museum Cognac DM's.-F last, regular width. I had to size down .5 with these. My first and only(so far) Vass.
Maison Margiela Suit Trousers-7" leg opening.

Haven't seen fritzl around in ages. Thought he was back when you quoted him.. turns out it was a bunch of old posts you quoted.

Actually, I don't understand but why the necro quotes? Because of the DM?

I was also under the impression Epaulet hasn't stocked Vass in ages but I don't follow their thread much.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey guys so I'm looking at two new pairs but just trying to decide on the colors for each:

U wing shoe on U last

And

V cap shoe on K last

For one pair I am going to do:

Plum museum with burgundy suede

And

Gold museum with the mid brown suede

I want to have the main shoe upper be the calf and the upper part (if a balmoral) or the Adelaide part to be the suede.

Any thoughts ? I currently have one V cap Adelaide Oxford in a dark burgundy calf so I am leaning towards to gold museum for the V cap but am opened to either another Adelaide style or a balmoral like the V cap Old Enlgish II (don't have either)

For the U wing Oxford, I think an Adelaide could be a cool combination but I'm also opened to a balmoral style but think the plum museum and burgundy calf will work nicely with this style.

Personally, I'd prefer it the other way around. But if you have a plum Adelaide already, then I think you have to go this route. Regardless it will look great!

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Was so eager to wear these that I skipped the carpet break-in and went straight to pavement. Loving them so far!

phphl

Reaction score
Hey gents! Looking to get some new vass shoes and have got a question regarding museum calf...

I understand that museum calf is thinner than the calfskin vass is offering. May I hear you guys' opinion on the actual difference? Does it warrant any sizing-down?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey gents!  Looking to get some new vass shoes and have got a question regarding museum calf...

I understand that museum calf is thinner than the calfskin vass is offering.  May I hear you guys' opinion on the actual difference?  Does it warrant any sizing-down?

I have both Vass calf and Vass museum and they seem similar in thickness and weight, actually. My museum calf from Bonafe seens slightly thinner. Not sure if that's due to a thinner lining or if they source from different tanneries.

Last edited:

phphl

Reaction score
I have both Vass calf and Vass museum and they seem similar in thickness and weight, actually. My museum calf from Bonafe seens slightly thinner. Not sure if that's due to a thinner lining or if they source from different tanneries.
Thanks! Good to know that! May I know whether you get your Vass museum calf recently? (like within these 2 years)

I somehow recall that the original tannery of museum calf went burst and everyone switched to a new tannery (?) Just wanna make sure that your comments are still pertinent to the museum calf that Vass is currently offering.

Anyhow, really appreciate your comments!

Fred G. Unn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks!  Good to know that!  May I know whether you get your Vass museum calf recently? (like within these 2 years)  

+1 to what peppercorn78 said. I have 3 Vass museum calf shoes (all within past 2 years I think) and one Bonafe museum calf. The Bonafe is definitely thinner. I don't see much difference in thickness between my Vass museum calf and regular calf either. I definitely wouldn't size any differently than you would for regular calf.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 96 38.1%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 28 11.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads