• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jokb

Reaction score
^ Very nice. Italian oxford in U last.

patliean1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very beautiful Sir. Is it a gold museum calf Italian oxford? I intend to order my first pair of Vass like that model.
Thanks.

V-Cap model, U Last, Gold Museum

TOBestWR

Reaction score

First real day of summer in Montreal

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picked up my Vass Monk boots. F last, H width. Gold museum calf. Lovely color! Also very nice work on the welt and sole edge.

Fit is really good! For those interested, I have included a comparison to H width U and P2 lasts (P2 is a full size down).

[spoiler = "Vass pr0n"]

[/spoiler]

danielyam

Reaction score
The h-width for F didn't look clunky surprisingly.

Are the u last double monks and p2 suede in regular width? Does f last in h-width fit similar to p2?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The h-width for F didn't look clunky surprisingly.

Are the u last double monks and p2 suede in regular width? Does f last in h-width fit similar to p2?

All 3 are width. The F and U are 44.5 and the P2 is 43.5. I'd say roomiest to tightest would be F > P2 > U. Although a P2 in the same size as F would be falling off. Even a 44 H was too long for me.

I will probably wear medium weight socks with these boots or add a thin sockliner due to my low step. Length X width they are a good fit.

And yes, I think Vass does a good job making the wider lasts proportionally pleasing.

Last edited:

sleepyinsanfran

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All 3 are width. The F and U are 44.5 and the P2 is 43.5. I'd say roomiest to tightest would be F > P2 > U. Although a P2 in the same size as F would be falling off. Even a 44 H was too long for me.

I will probably wear medium weight socks with these boots or add a thin sockliner due to my low step. Length X width they are a good fit.

And yes, I think Vass does a good job making the wider lasts proportionally pleasing.

in your opinion, do they make the insole wider for the H or do they just add volume over the F/G sized insole?

Swede66

Reaction score

in your opinion, do they make the insole wider for the H or do they just add volume over the F/G sized insole?

I have both F and U in standard and wide fit (G). I believe that the toe box is slightly wider in G fit (for the better IMO), but outsoles are more or less the sama between the differen widths. Hard to say regarding insole.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've only ever owned H width Vass shoes, so I can't compare. But yes, Mr Kuti will be able to tell you, I'm sure.

Maybe this is even mentioned in Mr. Vass' book.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've only ever owned H width Vass shoes, so I can't compare. But yes, Mr Kuti will be able to tell you, I'm sure.

Maybe this is even mentioned in Mr. Vass' book.
Its really a good question @sleepysanfran. However I read nothing about having to make a wider insole in Vass´ book. If I am not mistaken he estates in its graphic an increase in girth of 5mm, but I never had clear that point ( waist/ heel/instep/toe cap ...?).

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads