• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

sforum1

Reaction score
I received a box in 2018 and it was orange. Was orange the color of the year or was it a faded red from 2013? Oops, I meant 2014.

And does anyone know if green can turn blue over time? In case we start seeing blue boxes all of a sudden.

Last edited:

gte872h

Reaction score
What was inside the red box? :bounce2: Was it Vass or was it chopped liver? :oops:

Another F last mystery...
6D883F79-76DD-46E5-9832-BE8AB0F69AC8.jpeg

Just kidding, it’s on the 3636. Suits my wide feet well. First pair of Vass after many years of wanting a pair.?

Please excuse the dog hair. Not willing to take the pics again.

EUtroll

Reaction score
How does the 3636 compare to some usual suspects fit-wise? I understand it's one of the shorter Vass lasts?

gte872h

Reaction score
How does the 3636 compare to some usual suspects fit-wise? I understand it's one of the shorter Vass lasts?

Let’s see. I’m ~US 11 E Brannock.
10.5 E in Alden Barrie/Trubalance and Grant Stone Leo
10 F UK in Edward Green 64 last
10 UK in Carmina, need wider lasts
10 in Viberg and 10.5 in narrower lasts
JM Weston sizing is equivalent to US 11D
Weston sizing 10D in 641 Weston Golf
Weston sizing 10.5D in 677 Weston Chasse Hunt
Weston sizing 10.5E in 590 Weston triple sole wingtips
Weston sizing 9.5D in 180 Weston Loafers
10H in RM Williams Gardener

Forgot to tell you what size in Vass. haha.
Vass size 44 in 3636

Last edited:

EUtroll

Reaction score
Let’s see. I’m ~US 11 E Brannock.
10.5 E in Alden Barrie/Trubalance and Grant Stone Leo
10 F UK in Edward Green 64 last
10 UK in Carmina, need wider lasts
10 in Viberg and 10.5 in narrower lasts
JM Weston sizing is equivalent to US 11D
Weston sizing 10D in 641 Weston Golf
Weston sizing 10.5D in 677 Weston Chasse Hunt
Weston sizing 10.5E in 590 Weston triple sole wingtips
Weston sizing 9.5D in 180 Weston Loafers
10H in RM Williams Gardener

Forgot to tell you what size in Vass. haha.
Vass size 44 in 3636
I was thinking I missed an earlier post :)

Many thanks, unfortunately we must have very different feet because my sizing is way off yours!

gte872h

Reaction score
I was thinking I missed an earlier post :)

Many thanks, unfortunately we must have very different feet because my sizing is way off yours!

No problem. I found my foot twin once. He was exactly two sizes bigger than I was but all the brands were spot on the same. haha

sforum1

Reaction score
Question for all shoemakers: Why can't you relabel your sizes in the various lasts so that no matter what last they pick, the majority of people wear the same size regardless of the last?

I'm sure the answer is "oh, you don't get it, things are not as simple as they sound, every last is different, every foot is different, bluh, bluh, bluh". Basically the same answer you get regardless of the question and regardless of whether it's relevant to the question.

Me: "No, things are as simple as they sound. Even simpler. Probably a lot simpler."

Last edited:

sforum1

Reaction score
it seems like you think the maker are intentionally make sizes confusing, so harder for them to sell shoes?

Not necessarily, but they certainly make absolutely no effort to correct the confusion.

But what you said is an interesting point. Who knows, they might think they are smart creating confusion like this because this way people will buy more until they figure out their size, and when they do that's certainly not the end of it. With Vass, for example, you can fit perfectly in a pair of size X, last Y but that might still not be the case about your next pair in the same size, same last. This way the people who have the money and the strong desire to own that pair they went for in the first place, will order again and then sell the bad pair on eBay to wherever to buyers who always wanted a pair of Vass but were never willing to pay full retail.

So when you say Vass costs only $700, this is what you pay per pair, fit or no fit. The effective cost of a pair that actually fits is the same as EG and G&G.

Last edited:

Encore

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone I followed on Ins just took a tour in Vass Factory, I see both red and green boxes. Not sure if those green ones are still in use, tho.
Edited: you can check zebshoes ins story, should be up for another couple hours

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads