• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Tallcane

Reaction score
Can anyone help me with a sizing question? I have a chance to pick up a pair of vass for a pretty good price. They are on the New Peter last. Here is my question. Will a 42 on the New Peter last fit someone who typically wears a US 8.5, UK 7.5? Thank you in advance.

rc121

Reaction score

Can anyone help me with a sizing question? I have a chance to pick up a pair of vass for a pretty good price. They are on the New Peter last. Here is my question. Will a 42 on the New Peter last fit someone who typically wears a US 8.5, UK 7.5? Thank you in advance.
it will fit but be a .5 size too big most likely, 42 should correspond with US 9.

Ambulance Chaser

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

it will fit but be a .5 size too big most likely, 42 should correspond with US 9.

I agree. It may work with an insole.

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anybody intrigued by an S last oxford GMTO? I'm aware that Vass doesn't charge much more for a single MTO, so I guess this is really more for the Americans who are limited in options when it comes to buying Vass. Just gauging interest at this point. We can work out leather, sole, design, etc. later, but just want to see if anybody would like a shoe on this last as I don't really see it out in the wild yet.

Also...

Last edited:

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@ Roger P . . . . thanks for posting your oxblood monks
this color is so freakin awesome IRL, I may never consider brown again.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

@ Roger P . . . . thanks for posting your oxblood monks this color is so freakin awesome IRL, I may never consider brown again.
these are perfectly proportioned. whats your show size again? they look superb!

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
they are 44 F. vass did an excellent job with these and their oxblood is just an excellent color.
I really like the stitching on these. Asked Rezsö about them, and was told they're modeled after #90 (Osloer). I told him I would like a low shoe (split toe derby, simply put) like #39-41 but with the stitching work of yours (#90). He got back to me and said they're able to do it as a MTO
bounce2.gif

Now I just need to decide whether I want them in antique cognac or oxblood. I'm planning on a couple of other oxblood make ups, but your shoe is stunning. I might go with oxblood on this to.

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like the stitching on these. Asked Rezsö about them, and was told they're modeled after #90 (Osloer). I told him I would like a low shoe (split toe derby, simply put) like #39-41 but with the stitching work of yours (#90). He got back to me and said they're able to do it as a MTO
bounce2.gif

Now I just need to decide whether I want them in antique cognac or oxblood. I'm planning on a couple of other oxblood make ups, but your shoe is stunning. I might go with oxblood on this to.

that's correct, their osloer boot was the model used. if I remember correctly, the osloer is normally made on the F last and it took a couple of attempts to make it work
on the U. originally I was going for antic cognac or 6319 cognac but RogerP's monk changed all that. if I could see their 6319 in person and it was light enough in
color, that would be prime for another austerity wing boot.

Last edited:

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that's correct, their osloer boot was the model used. if I remember correctly, the osloer is normally made on the F last and it took a couple of attempts to make it work
on the U. originally I was going for antic cognac or 6319 cognac but RogerP's monk changed all that. if I could see their 6319 in person and it was light enough in
color, that would be prime for another austerity wing boot.
Yeah, RogerP's monks are the ones that have had me jumping on the oxblood bandwagon to.
FYI, 6319 is light, kind of yellow-ish.

Regarding "several attempts", I guess you had to wait longer than normal to receive a successful pair of shoes then, yes?

SoGent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, RogerP's monks are the ones that have had me jumping on the oxblood bandwagon to.
FYI, 6319 is light, kind of yellow-ish.

Regarding "several attempts", I guess you had to wait longer than normal to receive a successful pair of shoes then, yes?

6319 just may work then. total time for the order was ~ 9 - 10 months.
the first boot arrived December last year with the oxblood delivered early June of this year

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 103 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.5%

Forum statistics

Threads