• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bro, this pair is mine... To give you a clearer I have uploaded bigger image for you to view. These are taken using my iPhone 5 camera indoor under natural lighting and no editing was done.
I prefer this gold museum to the ilcea gold museum for it is more subtle and conservative... Cheers!

Thanks, I appreciate it. They're beautiful! Are you saying you're sure they're made from Bonaudo's Museum Calf and not Ilcea's?

EDIT: Sorry about the multiple posts. I don't know what happened.

Last edited:

techaview

Reaction score

Thanks, I appreciate it. They're beautiful! Are you saying you're sure they're made from Bonaudo's Museum Calf and not Ilcea's?

EDIT: Sorry about the multiple posts. I don't know what happened.

I believe I know what happened.. I realized I have uploaded some wrong pic and while editing you replied.... Maybe :)

Anyway yes I remember arahat told me my gold muesum is not from ilcea but from an Italy tannery which I recall correctly is from bonaudo... Hence the different effect on the effect as compared to the firing reddish tone from ilcea...

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe I know what happened.. I realized I have uploaded some wrong pic and while editing you replied.... Maybe
smile.gif

Anyway yes I remember arahat told me my gold muesum is not from ilcea but from an Italy tannery which I recall correctly is from bonaudo... Hence the different effect on the effect as compared to the firing reddish tone from ilcea...
That's what I suspected since I noticed you changed pictures, but I didn't want to blame you for my mis-posts, lol =)

So you're telling me I need to hurry up purchasing a pair before Vass runs out of the Bonaudo leather since they've started to restock Ilcea leather again (I think)?

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Great Shoes. Both Museum calf are beautiful. Enjoy them!!.

techaview

Reaction score

That's what I suspected since I noticed you changed pictures, but I didn't want to blame you for my mis-posts, lol =)

So you're telling me I need to hurry up purchasing a pair before Vass runs out of the Bonaudo leather since they've started to restock Ilcea leather again (I think)?

Haha in a way if you want this effect...btw mine is u last eur42...

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha in a way if you want this effect...btw mine is u last eur42...
Reszö confirmed that yours are from the Bonaudo leather and the others from Ilcea. I asked Reszö to look if there's any Bonaudo Gold Museum Calf left. In that case, I'm having what you had 1/2 a size smaller.
biggrin.gif

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Men,

I have received word from the artist currently known as Rezső. That brown shoe you asked about before is "museum calf brown on F last." I swear I will never tire to the F-last, it's definitely among the finest RTW lasts in use today.

DonRaphael

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Men,

I have received word from the artist currently known as Rezső. That brown shoe you asked about before is "museum calf brown on F last." I swear I will never tire to the F-last, it's definitely among the finest RTW lasts in use today.
Thanks for getting back.

I agree with you. While I find the U-last appealing and sleek, and even find myself liking it more than the F-last (or maybe I'm forcing myself to like U>F), I tend to reach for the F-last almost everytime I seek safe haven. It's sucha well balanced and classic last. Definitely my go-to last.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi, Could you please help me.... I am triying to figure out my new orders for 2015.

A).-Which is this last?

B.-And this last?. I believe they are different?.

C.-Does Vass handles Oxblood Scocht Grain?. Any shoe pic with that leather?.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Concordia

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Hi, Could you please help me.... I am triying to figure out my new orders for 2015. A).-Which is this last? B.-And this last?. I believe they are different?. C.-Does Vass handles Oxblood Scocht Grain?. Any shoe pic with that leather?. Thank you very much for your assistance.
Those don't look quite svelte enough to be F, so they're probably P2 or Peter. The second one, especially looks Peter-ish. Banana isn't totally out of the question, but I've seen so few of those I wouldn't want to make too wild a guess on that.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads