• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mr. Six

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pair of OE IIs! An oxblood pair is next on my list, I just can't decide between F and U.

Junior

Reaction score
What is the approximated turnaround time for mto?

The current price list can't be posted often enough so here it comes again.

j ingevaldsson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
I would use plum in any instance that burgundy is ideal as well.

@j ingevaldsson

Your plum has the regular VASS leather finish correct? I ask because I know Italian Polish is a finishing option, but don't know if it's of any benefit from just polishing the shoes yourself at home...

The single dainite sole is indeed great, such thinner compare to the dainite soles I have seen.
biggrin.gif

I think the well polished state of the shoes hide a bit of the mottleness.

that's nize

Those came out remarkably well, JI.

I think yours is a little less mottled than my pair. But I don't know what tannery my leather came from.

Nice pair of OE IIs! An oxblood pair is next on my list, I just can't decide between F and U.

Thanks everyone!

Jubei: These are standard leather finish yes, I polished them myself. Don't think Italian polish go very well with their museum calf.

Wurger: I think single Dainite-soles are very underrated. I definitely prefer it in most cases, also for boots, since the shoe gets more elegant and more comfortable IMO, but still can be worn pretty much all winter here in the southern parts of Sweden.
I've polished them with neutral cream and polish, except on the toe cap where I also used some black, so haven't changed the color that much overall. But the glare might make it less prominent in some pics.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
What is the approximated turnaround time for mto?

The current price list can't be posted often enough so here it comes again.

About five weeks by my recent experience - slightly quicker than ordering Meerming from stock!

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Direct from VASS is evidently a bit quicker for MTO. So it makes sense that proxy will take a bit longer.

Man, i am so looking forward to my first pair. I have a feeling it will be a Pandora's box for me... :nodding:

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads