• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

europrep

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks. U last half size up is working out very well for me. Narrower last can be tricky on my feet, so nice surprise.

Gianni Cerutti

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Beauties.

Fantastic model

VRaivio

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks Vravio yes the instep is high and there's some extra room up in there. May try tongue pads (but thanks for the warning as I have vass trees)

Choose the pads over trees, they will make the pair much more comfortable and there's plenty of trees with a better shape for the pads to be found.

Gino Abruzzo

Reaction score
^^^ I believe NMWA posts measurements for their stock shoes.

Thanks, I already found this. I still need some feedback for 42 and 42,5 U Last for the length of the sole. I got a new pair and it is a little bit out of the range of tolerance. Just want to compare it with you guys.

Regards

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks, I already found this. I still need some feedback for 42 and 42,5 U Last for the length of the sole. I got a new pair and it is a little bit out of the range of tolerance. Just want to compare it with you guys.

Regards

42.5 U last: length 12 inches exactly. Width at widest point 4.25 inches. Hope this helps

arahat

Reaction score
Some of the delivered orders in the AusxSing Vass group buy. More in the thread.

Am also cooking up some ideas for the next group buy (open to all). Sample shoes/boots will be ready in a month or 2.

mimo

Pernicious Enabler
Reaction score
No more MTO talk in this thread - those interested have PMs. Those interested who haven't said so yet, should PM me!

agedashidofu

Reaction score

Some of the delivered orders in the AusxSing Vass group buy. More in the thread.

Am also cooking up some ideas for the next group buy (open to all). Sample shoes/boots will be ready in a month or 2.

May I ask what leather & color was used for the shoe on the right (1st pic), and same question for the chukka boot. Are those shell cordovans? If so, which color?

Many thanks

sestyle

Reaction score
Love Vass Cordovan. My most comfortable shoe, with some patina developing. Whiskey really changes in color over time, with a transitional color pattern emerging as of late.
- 43, U Last, Budapest Model, Horween Whiskey Shell, Natural Single Sole.

agedashidofu

Reaction score

Love Vass Cordovan. My most comfortable shoe, with some patina developing. Whiskey really changes in color over time, with a transitional color pattern emerging as of late. - 43, U Last, Budapest Model, Horween Whiskey Shell, Natural Single Sole.
That's really beautiful sestyle!!! Was the color really light when you first got it? How long have you been wearing them? That color looks more like saddle rather than whiskey now based on your picture!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 105 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 104 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads